Boston Bruins hockey

Trying to figure out if Peeke is any good, looks like a JAG at first glance. I guess they are nervous because Forbort and Lindholm are nicked up. Needed bodies.
I'd guess McLaughlin is back to Providence too.
forbort is out for the year. hampus is skating. peeke has a very bad plus minus. I don't like giving up a third rd pick for him.

lolol i love it. he's one of those players you hate when he's on the other team. But love when he's on yours. He brings a lot of sand paper. And he won't be tight out there. Like some of the bruins.
I missed this. They need someone like this who will have guys on the other team looking over their shoulders. A presence for pretty short money which is all the money they have anyway.

WRT Peeke and the plus minus stat, maybe give him some latitude given the team he was on.

We will see how he does.

Just another night at the office with the Blues. At 3 zip the gloves stayed on so I moved on. I am pressed to find a more lackluster first place team in memory.

Just another night at the office with the Blues. At 3 zip the gloves stayed on so I moved on. I am pressed to find a more lackluster first place team in memory.
One night they look great. The next, they look like uninspired bums.

I still haven't heard a good reason why Brazeaus goal was called back in the 1st period, the play was clearly onside yet the asshats in Toronto fucked it up.

While I am of course happy they beat the Habs and in OT inflicting maximum pain to them I am concerned at how so many chances are not put into the back of the net. As an aside we got to start Linus after Swayman coughs up a loogie against the Blues. The Habs goalie was 1-5-1 in his last 7 before last nights loss and they had nothing else to throw out there vs Boston. On the toughness front Coyle was absolutely abused in the crease by the Hab defenseman at 1-0. Crosschecked and helmet knocked off. I really wish either Coyle or someone else had stepped in and pounded that D man. I'm not advocating endless mayhem but the threat does give you a little elbow room when you need it. Other teams aren't concerned about it playing Boston.

While I am of course happy they beat the Habs and in OT inflicting maximum pain to them I am concerned at how so many chances are not put into the back of the net. As an aside we got to start Linus after Swayman coughs up a loogie against the Blues. The Habs goalie was 1-5-1 in his last 7 before last nights loss and they had nothing else to throw out there vs Boston. On the toughness front Coyle was absolutely abused in the crease by the Hab defenseman at 1-0. Crosschecked and helmet knocked off. I really wish either Coyle or someone else had stepped in and pounded that D man. I'm not advocating endless mayhem but the threat does give you a little elbow room when you need it. Other teams aren't concerned about it playing Boston.
When Maroon gets in the lineup I think other teams might rethink that strategy and our new D man Peeke was supposed to bring some grit as well but we didn’t see much of it in last nights game but he’s new to the lineup. I thought for sure when the game went into ot that they would lose but that aggressive play in the d zone worked out for them, that was a nice pass by Marchy and an even better finish by DeBrusk.

Not worried. I counted two posts and a crossbar hit. Just a night of bad puck luck.

No lead is big enough. They insist on torturing their fans. :distress:
6 on 5. No more terrifying words in the Bruin hockey language. Although I relaxed for the last 1:30. The Bruins managed to clear the puck and not let Philly set up in their offensive zone. However the Flyers 5th goal was a Bruin nightmare where they just couldn't clear the puck to save their kids lives.

7th Player Award opinion:

Morgan Geekie
Continues to improve, becoming a legit goal threat with 6 in 9 games, a career high of 16 (or 17?) goals this season so far. Played in 63 games this year.

Trent Frederick
Tying his career high of 17 goals so far. Will take a check to make the pass. Willing to get dirty in the corners. Played in 69 games this year. Was my early pick until Geekie woke up.

Charlie Coyle
Stepped up to anchor the first line. Career high 23 (or 25?) goals so far this season. Relentless in the crease and becoming a great passer. Winning face offs at 51% so far this year. Played in 69 games.

Morgan Geekie
Continues to improve, becoming a legit goal threat with 6 in 9 games, a career high of 16 (or 17?) goals this season so far. Played in 63 games this year.

Trent Frederick
Tying his career high of 17 goals so far. Will take a check to make the pass. Willing to get dirty in the corners. Played in 69 games this year. Was my early pick until Geekie woke up.

Charlie Coyle
Stepped up to anchor the first line. Career high 23 (or 25?) goals so far this season. Relentless in the crease and becoming a great passer. Winning face offs at 51% so far this year. Played in 69 games.
Geekie has my vote

Morgan Geekie

Trent Frederick

Charlie Coyle
Those are good choices. My vote goes to Coyle. Filling bergys shoes isn't easy. Fredrick is also very deserving.

Morgan Geekie

Trent Frederick

Charlie Coyle
I'd add Carlo, I did not see his game improving as much as it has this season.

Back