Brady is Gone

It is a tragedy that BB's shitty personnel choices were only able to appear in 4 and win only 3 championships in the last 5 years.

OutRAGEOUS! How could this allowed to continue? How could any idiot actually say 'in BB we trust'?

:coffee:

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I see billboards have gone up across NE from the Krafts and the Patriots saying thank you to Tom.

It's good that the parting has been amicable, as much as these things can be. No real drama, just a parting that with hindsight now, seems to be have been on the cards for a while.

We'll see Tom back in a couple of years when he's finally retired.

I read somewhere deals won’t be finalized. No league announcements. Players are free to announce. No contract details.

Now he's gone, is there any truth in that long-standing story about the Brady/Jimmy G matter a few years back?

Does anyone here believe it? It's a continuous story and I just wonder if there's even a nugget of truth in it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...the-stage-for-tom-brady-to-leave-the-patriots

At the time, there was an incredible amount of buzz around the NFL that the 49ers originally asked for Garoppolo, but Belichick instead offered Brady. A Patriots source confirms that's how it went down, and a 49ers source close to John Lynch says the first-time general manager couldn't believe his ears when he heard the counteroffer.

Lynch had the chance to trade for the best quarterback ever to play and bring him back to his hometown? It's the ultimate no-brainer, but it didn't happen.

"Kraft shut that s--t down fast," says a source close to Belichick. "So, instead, Lynch gets Garoppolo, but Brady, Belichick and Kraft haven't been the same since Tom learned that Bill was ready to get rid of him. And that lit a fire under his ass."

Brady, the GOAT, fueled by a perceived slight that his head coach wanted to trade a 40-year-old and keep his backup? Yeah, that sounds right.

"You have to remember, this guy has a chip on his shoulder the size of Mount Everest," says a former player who knows Brady well.

And every move of Brady's since that late October meeting of the Patriots' holy trinity has been preparing for this moment, speculates his former teammate.

Brady and the Patriots lost to the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl LII. That offseason, he and the team agreed to a new contract and tore up his existing deal that would have expired after the 2019 season.

Brady and Belichick earned their sixth Super Bowl ring during the 2018 season, this time with a win over the Los Angeles Rams. The following offseason, Brady and New England again redid his deal. This time, Brady restructured the contract to give the Patriots much-needed cap space.

At the time, many believed he was freeing up space for the team to add weapons. Those who know Brady don't believe this.

"He tore up deals after '17, after '18, and got it so the Patriots couldn't [franchise] tag him. Dude was planning this day all along," speculates another former teammate. "I could have predicted in October 2017 that this day was coming."

I don't know. I remember hearing Lynch in SF saying he called and asked for Tom and Bill laughed.

The only really annoying thing about Tom leaving, is every media rat will be constantly on Tom's back looking for any anti-Bill nugget.

"Oh Tom, what's it like here compared to New England"

"Oh Tom, what's it like having a coach who smiles at you"

'Oh Tom, what actually happened with Jimmy and San Francisco"

I see billboards have gone up across NE from the Krafts and the Patriots saying thank you to Tom.

It's good that the parting has been amicable, as much as these things can be. No real drama, just a parting that with hindsight now, seems to be have been on the cards for a while.

We'll see Tom back in a couple of years when he's finally retired.

I think the organization will be professional during the remainder of Brady's playing days, but plenty in the media and the Pats fanbase will be looking for any potential slight to get aggravated about.

One thing about Tom that will never be duplicated is how many 100% hetero male football fans freely admit to a massive man-crush on him. And, of course, now they are all like a jilted teen girl texting their BFF that they want to just DIE because that boyfriend cheated on them.

There is going to be a lot of blowback out there. I fully expect it to be replete with bogus drama.

I think the organization will be professional during the remainder of Brady's playing days, but plenty in the media and the Pats fanbase will be looking for any potential slight to get aggravated about.

One thing about Tom that will never be duplicated is how many 100% hetero male football fans freely admit to a massive man-crush on him. And, of course, now they are all like a jilted teen girl texting their BFF that they want to just DIE because that boyfriend cheated on them.

There is going to be a lot of blowback out there. I fully expect it to be replete with bogus drama.

Yeah, I said it on another thread that you just know the media will be likes leeches in Tampa, desperately trying to get Tom to say anything negative about Bill and the differences between Bruce and Bill etc.

I really hope Tom doesn't turn into a smart ass and starts to diss Bill with snide quips etc. But I really don't think he will, I don't think there's real anger there from him, he always said he knew what Bill was like with players and trading them away.

Many Patriot fans will of course look to blame Bill for all this, Kraft as well. They'll whine about how bad ol Bill never showed Tom the love he desperately wanted and they'll almost be hoping the team suffers just to prove a point. I even saw a photo of the TB12 office with a 'Drop Dead Kraft" sign put there by a "fan".

Yeah, I said it on another thread that you just know the media will be likes leeches in Tampa, desperately trying to get Tom to say anything negative about Bill and the differences between Bruce and Bill etc.

I really hope Tom doesn't turn into a smart ass and starts to diss Bill with snide quips etc. But I really don't think he will, I don't think there's real anger there from him, he always said he knew what Bill was like with players and trading them away.

Many Patriot fans will of course look to blame Bill for all this, Kraft as well. They'll whine about how bad ol Bill never showed Tom the love he desperately wanted and they'll almost be hoping the team suffers just to prove a point. I even saw a photo of the TB12 office with a 'Drop Dead Kraft" sign put there by a "fan".

After everything. Unreal. :(

The stupid fans like that can simply join the Bucs bandwagon...

The only really annoying thing about Tom leaving, is every media rat will be constantly on Tom's back looking for any anti-Bill nugget.

"Oh Tom, what's it like here compared to New England"

"Oh Tom, what's it like having a coach who smiles at you"

'Oh Tom, what actually happened with Jimmy and San Francisco"

Well from what I have seen in the twitter world, its half and half. Some are saying Brady was never any good and that it was all Bill and any one of 50 QB's would have done the same. So some fans will miss him but as you know some fans turn into the. He was never good after they leave.

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

I don't know. I remember hearing Lynch in SF saying he called and asked for Tom and Bill laughed.

You also have to remember, the story about this was put out by a ESPN guy and the rumor is the "source" was Chris Simms

It is a tragedy that BB's shitty personnel choices were only able to appear in 4 and win only 3 championships in the last 5 years.

OutRAGEOUS! How could this allowed to continue? How could any idiot actually say 'in BB we trust'?

:coffee:

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I agree. Why oh why didn't we sign Rod Rust five years ago before we lost a superbowl and DIDN'T EVEN APPEAR IN ONE? WTF?????

I blame Kraft. I'll bet Victor Kiam would have signed Rust.

Is Hue Jackson available?

I agree. Why oh why didn't we sign Rod Rust five years ago before we lost a superbowl and DIDN'T EVEN APPEAR IN ONE? WTF?????

I blame Kraft. I'll bet Victor Kiam would have signed Rust.

Is Hue Jackson available?

Yeah if only he didnt keep Brady the last 19 years, think of the great things the pats could have done....

Interesting article from Peter King and worth reading for anyone who really thinks BB should have done more to make Tom stay etc and that BB has made a huge mistake.

Tom’s agent Don Yee was trying very hard to drum up interests in his client and he couldn’t. Only two teams showed interest. He tried all the usual suspects and they said no. Colts, Raiders, Niners, all of them. Just the Bucs and Chargers, they were the only two.

Now who knows, maybe this suits Brady and maybe it puts another chip on his shoulder and he plays like a man possessed next season. But he’ll also be battling Father Time and it seems these other teams all knew this.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ouldnt-get-more-than-2-teams-interested-in-qb

Back