Brady is Gone

I thought those were just for pies, lol
If eating pie would make me live longer, then I say, viva la banana cream!
Apple pie for me, made with Courtlands, not MacIntosh, but when I lived in Indiana I really liked strawberry pie.

Wasn’t Brady part of concussion water?

It’s not his first time, and he’s not the first athlete to cash in on something like this. Who cares either way?

Jesus, if Brady sold lumps of shit, you'd be telling us about the health benefits of excrement.

Well first of all, I didnt say what his product did because I never tried it. So calm down.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

A take on Brady’s immunity idiocy:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/20..._campaign=sportsillustrated&utm_medium=social

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah here is another take. Here are 78 different things you can buy right now that do the same shit and people are not losing their minds over it.
If Brady saves a kitten from a tree people would bitch that he should have saved all of them. There are a ton of immunity supplements on the market
and all of them advertise. I dont know if they work, I dont know what they do, I dont know if his work, or what they do, but the shit that you people
decide to rail against is amazing.

https://societyhealth.org/immunity-...MI0uixhbTA6QIVo__jBx00nwGKEAAYAiAAEgIDJ_D_BwE

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Apple pie for me, made with Courtlands, not MacIntosh, but when I lived in Indiana I really liked strawberry pie.

Apple has to be a certain way for me. I do not get strawberry pie much because wife loathes strawberries.

Yeah I'm not going to side with mindless Brady adulation, but I don't see how you can call him a snake oil salesman for selling something which is simultaneously recognized as legit. Why is it $45? Because suckers will pay $45 for something that will cost them $15 without Brady's name on it. Who is at fault for that, Brady or the suckers? It's here taking advantage of them? No more than Jordan was selling shoes for over $100 which cost Nike literally $2 to make, using highly unethical labor practices.

Seriously. If they are too stupid to get these on their own, can we rely on them being smart enough to have a balanced diet and thus for these to be pointless? In which case, isn't it better for them to overpay for them than to blot get vitamins at all? Why are people acting like he's selling dogcrap and calling it a health supplement, rather than selling an actual health supplement, just at 3-5x market rate, because that's what his name is worth?

I'm not rushing out to buy them, because I'm not a moron, but if his name is worth less than he thinks supply and demand will take care of it. I suspect he'll be just fine either way. Where's the harm?

Yeah I'm not going to side with mindless Brady adulation, but I don't see how you can call him a snake oil salesman for selling something which is simultaneously recognized as legit. Why is it $45? Because suckers will pay $45 for something that will cost them $15 without Brady's name on it. Who is at fault for that, Brady or the suckers? It's here taking advantage of them? No more than Jordan was selling shoes for over $100 which cost Nike literally $2 to make, using highly unethical labor practices.

Seriously. If they are too stupid to get these on their own, can we rely on them being smart enough to have a balanced diet and thus for these to be pointless? In which case, isn't it better for them to overpay for them than to blot get vitamins at all? Why are people acting like he's selling dogcrap and calling it a health supplement, rather than selling an actual health supplement, just at 3-5x market rate, because that's what his name is worth?

I'm not rushing out to buy them, because I'm not a moron, but if his name is worth less than he thinks supply and demand will take care of it. I suspect he'll be just fine either way. Where's the harm?

I mean there are literally 700 products on the market right now that is the same shit, and its all that much money. Its not new its not illegal, its not anything. Brady is not holding the market. I dont buy these either, but people do, and if it helps them, who cares. Again of all the shit for people to rail against. Nobody is outside picketing GNC right now, I promise.

If Brady saves a kitten from a tree people would bitch that he should have saved all of them.

Yes, that's exactly what people are saying.

People are calling Brady out on this as his track record is associated with someone who falls under the very definition of a Quack who came up with the great idea of selling concussion water....

Brady was rightly savaged on this board for that as was AG so it's not like people are having a go only now that he's left the team.

Vitamins supplements are a well-known con-job. There is zero medical evidence they work.

If someone is pushing miracle cures, or not even miracle cures, just alleged cures with no medical evidence to back them up, people have a right to call them out.

I mean if Peyton Manning had been peddling this crap, he would have been rightly pilloried.

Yeah here is another take. Here are 78 different things you can buy right now that do the same shit and people are not losing their minds over it.

I didn't see where any of them said they cure concussions and protect you from getting COVID-19.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

They're not stupid and they are not morons. They are afraid of dying of the virus, and when someone they trust says that his product will help keep them from getting COVID-19 they will pay whatever. Not because they are stupid, but because they are scared and trust Tom Brady.

I didn't see where any of them said they cure concussions and protect you from getting COVID-19.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

They're not stupid and they are not morons. They are afraid of dying of the virus, and when someone they trust says that his product will help keep them from getting COVID-19 they will pay whatever. Not because they are stupid, but because they are scared and trust Tom Brady.

Where does the product say that? Where did he say that?

Also, having a healthy immune system Does reduce the risk of viral infection, and the severity of such an infection should it occur. We quarantine folks on immuno suppressants for a reason. As it relates to vitamin c and zinc specifically? Here are some peer reviewable scientific studies:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2277319/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29099763/

So again, if they aren't getting it elsewhere, can't be arsed to do their own research, and are relying on celebrity endorsements at any price? In current circumstances we could do a hell of a lot worse than endorsements for actual micronutrients critical to the function of your immune system. At worst, if they have a proper and balanced diet, it will not harm them, and at best, if they have an actual deficiency, who knows? This may just be the difference and it may actually save lives. You're really going to quibble over the sticker price when it's neither patented nor promoted as uniquely available and anyone who bothers to read the ingredient label and go to, well, anywhere really, can get it for less?

Also, having a healthy immune system Does reduce the risk of viral infection, and the severity of such an infection should it occur. We quarantine folks on immuno suppressants for a reason. As it relates to vitamin c and zinc specifically? Here are some peer reviewable scientific studies:

So again, if they aren't getting it elsewhere, can't be arsed to do their own research, and are relying on celebrity endorsements at any price? In current circumstances we could do a hell of a lot worse than endorsements for actual micronutrients critical to the function of your immune system. At worst, if they have a proper and balanced diet, it will not harm them, and at best, if they have an actual deficiency, who knows? This may just be the difference and it may actually save lives. You're really going to quibble over the sticker price when it's neither patented nor promoted as uniquely available and anyone who bothers to read the ingredient label and go to, well, anywhere really, can get it for less?

Harsh.

Tens of thousands of people died so far in this country. They all left loved ones behind, loved ones who now are fearful for other older relatives. I'm no quibbling over the sticker price. If my mother were still alive in a nursing home I'd pay ten times that cost if there was even a chance that it would help her.

That is what is wrong with all these products suddenly coming out hinting at COVID-19. Yeah, he got COVID-19 in the ad, all right, didn't he? Yes, it made no claim, but what was the purpose? To claim to help someone's immune system and associate that thought.

There is only one sure-fire way to try and protect yourself against the possibility of getting C-19 and it is not to take bloody supplements, it's to lose weight and get yourself to where you should be on the BMI scale.

The reports are there, in showing strong links between obesity and Covid-19 deaths. A study from researchers in the University of Liverpool warned that obesity increased the risk of dying from the virus by 37%.

Drastically cutting down sugar and stopping eating white bread, pasta and rice will do far more for your health than popping pills.

There is only one sure-fire way to try and protect yourself against the possibility of getting C-19 and it is not to take bloody supplements, it's to lose weight and get yourself to where you should be on the BMI scale.

The reports are there, in showing strong links between obesity and Covid-19 deaths. A study from researchers in the University of Liverpool warned that obesity increased the risk of dying from the virus by 37%.

Drastically cutting down sugar and stopping eating white bread, pasta and rice will do far more for your health than popping pills.

First, to preface, not trying to diminish the value associated with obtaining and maintaining a healthy weight, whatsoever. Regardless of Covid, obesity is estimated at contributing to 100,000 to 400,000 deaths per year in the USA. Recommendations to ensure you get yourself to where you should be on the BMI scale I'll support regardless of rationale.

That being said, 37% is hardly "sure-fire", and losing enough weight to make a meaningful impact is both something that can take a while, and is something which is made especially difficult by current circumstances.

However, approximately 12% of US adults have a deficiency of zinc, and 43% of them have a deficiency of vitamin C.

https://www.ewg.org/research/how-much-is-too-much/appendix-b-vitamin-and-mineral-deficiencies-us

In addition, Zinc deficiency is associated with the following:

"After 120 days of follow-up, children in the lower quartile (based on levels of plasma zinc) suffered a significant relative increase in the risk of days of illness by 15% (95% confidence interval [CI] 8–22), days of diarrhoea by 22% (95% CI 9–37), days with dysentery by 44% (95% CI 12–135), days with ALRI by 49% (95% CI 16–92), and pneumonia episodes by 5% (95% CI 43–91) compared to children in the upper quartile. Risk ratios did not change after adjusting for literacy of mothers, literacy of fathers, score of socioeconomic status, source of water supply, age, and gender (Table ​(Table33)."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2928091/

Just saying, "popping pills" can have an immediate and measurable impact on people's health outcomes, whereas the adjustments to their diets and activity levels can take weeks, or months, to pay dividends in terms of measurable improvements in health outcomes.

So ultimately why not do both? Again not campaigning for Captain Tom's Wonder Pills. Paying $45 for something you can get for $15 or less is stupid, no matter how harsh it may be to say so. Active ingredients are freely available to be reviewed, and if you have access to the internet, you have access to everything you need to know if you care enough to look. Not even campaigning for Vitamin C or Zinc supplements, assuming you eat a healthy diet. I regularly consume oranges and kiwis to ensure I get enough Vitamin C, and I drink a breakfast shake each morning that ensures I get enough vitamin D, potassium, and zinc, among other things. But ensuring you consume an adequate level of vitamins is not stupid, and has real and measurable impacts on health outcomes. So why would you NOT fix your Zinc and Vitamin C intakes, if you haven't already, and ALSO improve your weight and activity levels?

Just saying, deriding those who consume multivitamins (of whatever formulation) to cover up for any inadequacies which may be present for their diet as "popping pills" seems unhelpful to me. This isn't snake oil, it's science.

Edit:

Harsh.

Tens of thousands of people died so far in this country. They all left loved ones behind, loved ones who now are fearful for other older relatives. I'm no quibbling over the sticker price. If my mother were still alive in a nursing home I'd pay ten times that cost if there was even a chance that it would help her.

That is what is wrong with all these products suddenly coming out hinting at COVID-19. Yeah, he got COVID-19 in the ad, all right, didn't he? Yes, it made no claim, but what was the purpose? To claim to help someone's immune system and associate that thought.

If she were around, and was not consuming enough Vitamin C and Zinc, there IS a chance it would help her. To be clear, I'm not saying they're stupid to buy the product. Again, it has potential legitimate and measurable benefits to health and is especially something folks should be consuming if needed during current circumstances. However it is stupid to not price compare, and to be wooed into buying something because of a name brand being on it. It's 60 tablets of vitamin C + Zinc + Elderberry, right? Even assuming you buy the benefits of Elderberry, and both have inadequate Vitamin C AND Zinc consumption, here's the same product for $30 for 60 servings instead of $45:

https://www.gnc.com/immune-support/442822.html#q=zinc&lang=default&start=6

Here it is 60 tablets for $15.

https://www.amazon.com/Nature-Made-Elderberry-Vitamin-Gummies/dp/B07XVZ1JFR

What's the difference? GNC can charge double because it's GNC, and some folks don't price shop. TFB can charge $45 because he's TFB, and some folks don't price shop. No matter how harsh it may be, I'm not going to change my mind on it being stupid to pay 2x as much or 3x as much for a name, regardless of whether it's a health supplement or a t shirt. Do you know how long it took me to find those lower cost alternatives? About 2 minutes. And again, if someone can't be bothered to spend 2 minutes looking up stuff, I'd rather they get the information and recommendation to monitor their nutrition and vitamin intake levels Somewhere than not at all, even if it is marked up to above market rate because of the nametag associated with it. I don't think it's "scummy" to sell products at the price the market supports them being sold at, and I don't think it's "sleazy" to promote a product which can legitimately benefit people during a time when such benefits desperately sought.

Sorry, but the difference between this and "concussion water" is a vast and uncrossable chasm in my mind, and honestly I'd rather see this on the market than not, whereas the opposite is obviously true for the legitimately scammy product peddled by his "guru" in years gone by.

Wow, how'd I miss this?

Good nutrition should be high on everyone's goals to stay healthy. I found the book "The Secret of Vigor", written by Shawn Talbott, to be very helpful. The guy has PhDs in biochemistry and nutrition. ~$12 on Amazon.

He believes eating a normal quantity of these foods can deliver a research-backed benefit.

10. Broccoli

Broccoli is cheap, full of fiber and vitamins, and contains sulforaphane, a compound that actually helps cells fight cancer. Sure, it smells like a fart while steaming, but “broccoli activates pathways inside the cell so the cell starts creating its own antioxidants,” explains Talbott. One helping of broccoli has more vitamin C than a glass of orange juice but the benefits of broccoli go far beyond vitamin C. Recent research has shown that some organs respond better than others to broccoli’s anticancer properties, but the fact that any of them respond at all is pretty remarkable.

9. Coffee

“It makes me shake my head when I hear people say they’re trying to quit coffee,” says Talbott. Sure, too much of it isn’t good for you, but at the right dose, coffee does have real benefits. “Caffeine is the most-researched performance product on the planet, and it has the same [beneficial] flavonoid content as tea.” Plus, there’s research showing regular coffee drinkers may have a lower risk for dementia, diabetes, and maybe even Parkinson’s.

8. Apples

That “apple a day” adage is not total bunk. The flavonol quercetin makes these boring old fruits worth adding back into your lunchbox: quercetin has been shown to lower blood pressure, open blood vessels, and improve endurance athletic performance.

​7. Green Tea

This ancient beverage has been recently co-opted by the diet industry, which makes it seem gimmicky. While green tea diet pills are certainly worth being wary of, plain green tea is not. There is research showing that it can boost your basic metabolic rate by 3 to 4 percent, “and it’s profoundly anticancer,” says Talbott, thanks to compounds called catechins. In fact, research in the journal Cancer Prevention found that daily green tea consumption could delay the onset of cancer by more than seven years for women and three years for men. A large-scale population study published earlier this year in Cancer Science followed nearly 90,000 Japanese citizens for more than a decade and found that those who drank large amounts of green tea had lower risks for biliary tract cancer, gallbladder cancer, and bile duct cancer.

6. Black Beans

If you compare the diets of every culture with a beyond-average life expectancy—including the original Blue Zones of Okinawa, Japan; Sardinia, Italy; Nicoya, Costa Rica; Icaria, Greece; and Loma Linda, California—the one shared food tradition is a hearty doses of legumes. “They’re high in fiber, iron, and B vitamins,” says Talbott, and research has shown that diets rich in legumes (plus lean meats and vegetables) can lower your risk of developing cardiovascular disease and your total risk of morbidity from all causes. While all legumes are worth including in your diet, black beans are packed with polyphenols, giving them an extra nutrient boost.

5. Dark Chocolate

To get the reported benefits from chocolate, Talbott says you really need to eat the super-dark stuff—70 percent cocoa or higher. Studies have shown that just a few ounces can deliver a heart-healthy dose of flavonols that lower LDL cholesterol, stabilize blood sugar levels, and improve blood flow. Plus, as we all anecdotally know, there’s research showing that eating chocolate can boost your mood.

4. Red Wine

Go ahead and rejoice: there is evidence-based research showing that wine may have anti-inflammatory and blood pressure–lowering benefits, thanks to the polyphenol micronutrient called resveratrol, which research has linked to a host of cardiovascular benefits (although many of these studies were performed on rodents, not humans). A 2009 review in the Journal of Nutrition found a significant body of research pointing to a lowered risk of all-cause and cardiovascular mortality for populations that consume resveratrol-rich foods such as red wine. If you aren’t an alcohol connoisseur, a serving of red grapes may be just as good. Although be wary of resveratrol supplements: one study was actually suspended because participants reported kidney complications. Not that you’d ever want to skip that glass of red wine for a pill, of course.

3. Salmon

The omega-3 fatty acids in salmon contain docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), which help boost brain and heart health, respectively. “Omega-3s help with blood vessel compliance and have a nice blood-thinning effect,” which can reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes, says Talbott. A 2012 paper published in Epidemiologic Review found that women who increased their fish intake, including salmon, late in life had significantly fewer incidences of coronary heart disease. Additionally, salmon’s DHA—which you can get only through diet, since your body does not naturally produce it—acts as a membrane to neurons in the brain, protecting them from damage or inflammation. A 2015 meta-review in Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Review found that an increase in fish consumption could reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s by more than 30 percent.

2. Turmeric

This powder, which comes from the rhizomes of the Curcuma longa plant, has been used in ancient medicine and Southeast Asian cuisine for centuries. Turmeric’s clearest benefit is that “it is profoundly anti-inflammatory,” says Talbott, thanks to curcumin, a natural polyphenol that also gives the powder its bright yellow hue. The body of research on turmeric is fairly deep, with several large-scale studies, and turmeric may have more benefits than researchers yet realize—early results from one small study in the UK showed a potential for turmeric to change gene expression in a way that might help fight cancer. Talbott says it’s best to eat turmeric at a suggested dose of one-fourth teaspoon three times a day along with some fiber and fat for maximum absorption. (He sprinkles turmeric on sandwiches, adds it to salad dressing, and even puts it in his coffee.) A word of caution: turmeric is very pungent.

1. Blueberries

“It almost sounds ridiculous to list the research-backed benefits you can get from blueberries,” Talbott says, pointing to their ability to lower your risk for heart disease, reduce joint and muscle pains, and curtail oxidative stress (the naturally occurring stress produced by cell respiration). Blueberry’s power comes from the compound oligomeric proanthocyanidins, and Talbott says that you don’t need a ton of it to get results: a half-cup per day of fresh or frozen blueberries results in a “significant longevity benefit.” Plus, there’s plenty of research showing that blueberries can reduce post-exercise stress and inflammation among athletes. As for the general population, in 2013, researchers revealed that—at least for women—getting three 4 ounce servings of blueberries per week cut heart attack risks by one-third.

I wish this idiot Diva would just play football and not continuously embarrass himself with his snake oil potions. He's Tampa's problem now, but he's such a jackass with this stuff.

So, anyone else think that Brady missing OTAs was actually about family time?
:coffee:

I did at the time. At the time I said he doesn't need OTA time to get on the same page as the receivers. I changed my mind on that pretty quickly, like by week four.

Then when he so weird toward the end of the season, throwing the ball into the turf when he wasn't under pressure I wondered what the hell was going on with him.

Now after all this stuff is coming out, I'm pretty sure that missing OTAs was a sign of severe discontent that I, along with most others, totally missed. I'm also seeing the Brady-Guerrero stuff in a new light.

So to answer your question: no, I doubt it was about family time.

I do think it was at least somewhat about family time. I think LaGiz probably threw a few bitch fits about it, after a few of her completely unsubtle "oopsies" to the media showed the contempt she has for his career did not work.

Back