Brady Officially Retires (?)

The fist line about BB drafting him and his humble beginnings, I don't remember it word for word but I thought it was stupid to try and make something out of that statement.
Man. The haters know no end.

Mazz, you're re-writing history again, Brady wanted out. We discussed this multiple times.
This is not true. Brady wanted to finish his career in NE. He wanted a longer term deal, something representative of a commitment from the team to the player. He was telling the media to ask Mr. Kraft about the contract during the '19 preseason.

Here's how it went down:

A) Brady wanted to finish his career as a Patriot.
B) Belichick was only willing to have Brady under contract on one-year deals.
C) Kraft backed Belichick's position.
D) Brady recognizing that the team no longer wanted to make a commitment to him (and in essence no longer believed in him) asked for the no franchise tag clause so he could explore free agency after the '19 season.
E) Kraft (not Belichick) obliged Brady's request.
F) Brady signed with Tampa Bay, won a Super Bowl, and ruined Belichick's legacy (I'm not entirely serious about this last bit).

Mazz, he changed utterly. And it had nothing to do with something Bill or the team did. He was the one who changed. He suddenly delved into social media and wanted to be a different guy, he wanted to have fun, delve into different projects etc etc. And I think he was listening to people like his wife, Doctor Quack, his dad etc who were telling him it was disgraceful the way bill treated him.

He spent 20 years here and he wanted something else. It happens...
Belichick totally interfered with Brady and Guerrero. He limited Guerrero's access to team facilities and made it logistically difficult for Brady and Guerrero to meet for treatments. This was a significant betrayal in Brady's eyes and it damaged their relationship.

Brady cut back with OTA's during his last two seasons in NE but he was no less committed to playing championship caliber football. Such a big deal was made of his supposed lack of reps and practice time with younger players in '18 and '19 yet they were still coasting to division titles and winning a Super Bowl. He did have a look of resignation at times during the '19 season but that team really wasn't that good from a talent standard point (and he knew it) and I'm sure his impending free agency for the first time in his career was weighing on him.

I think he ultimately left the team feeling betrayed that the organization lacked a belief in him. But I doesn't think he personally changed all that much. The biggest difference with Tampa Bay was the apparent control he was given over football operations. That seemed to broaden his focus and renew his enthusiasm on some level. He also was engaging more in some lighter off-field activities like social media or the Tommy & Gronky series. Still, his priority as always was playing championship caliber football. His press conferences remained fairly consistent with how he had conducted himself in NE. More or less seemed like the same guy.

The growing narrative that he morphed into a whinny diva douchebag is completely unfounded and is now largely being propagated by Patriots fans disgruntled over his not mentioning New England in his retirement letter. In due time all of this fussing will blow away like a fart in the wind.

crawhammer said:
The growing narrative that he morphed into a whinny diva douchebag is completely unfounded and is now largely being propagated by Patriots fans disgruntled over his not mentioning New England in his retirement letter.

had you been here prior to his leaving, you'd know this is bullshit. a lot of us were commenting about his attitude years ago. so it would probably be a good idea not to make statements like this.

Interesting how Big Papi will now forever be more loved in New England than Brady.

Of course, Papi embraced Boston in ways that Brady never did.

But in the future , Bostonians will forever roar in approval for Papi; it will definitely be more mixed for Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
On live TV after the Boston Marothon bombing.

"This is our fucking city"!

Viva Papi. We love you.

'

This is not true. Brady wanted to finish his career in NE. He wanted a longer term deal, something representative of a commitment from the team to the player. He was telling the media to ask Mr. Kraft about the contract during the '19 preseason.

Here's how it went down:

D) Brady recognizing that the team no longer wanted to make a commitment to him (and in essence no longer believed in him) asked for the no franchise tag clause so he could explore free agency after the '19 season.
F) Brady signed with Tampa Bay, won a Super Bowl, and ruined Belichick's legacy (I'm not entirely serious about this last bit).

Belichick totally interfered with Brady and Guerrero. He limited Guerrero's access to team facilities and made it logistically difficult for Brady and Guerrero to meet for treatments. This was a significant betrayal in Brady's eyes and it damaged their relationship.

Brady cut back with OTA's during his last two seasons in NE but he was no less committed to playing championship caliber football. Such a big deal was made of his supposed lack of reps and practice time with younger players in '18 and '19 yet they were still coasting to division titles and winning a Super Bowl. He did have a look of resignation at times during the '19 season but that team really wasn't that good from a talent standard point (and he knew it) and I'm sure his impending free agency for the first time in his career was weighing on him.

I think he ultimately left the team feeling betrayed that the organization lacked a belief in him. But I doesn't think he personally changed all that much. The biggest difference with Tampa Bay was the apparent control he was given over football operations. That seemed to broaden his focus and renew his enthusiasm on some level. He also was engaging more in some lighter off-field activities like social media or the Tommy & Gronky series. Still, his priority as always was playing championship caliber football. His press conferences remained fairly consistent with how he had conducted himself in NE. More or less seemed like the same guy.

The growing narrative that he morphed into a whinny diva douchebag is completely unfounded and is now largely being propagated by Patriots fans disgruntled over his not mentioning New England in his retirement letter. In due time all of this fussing will blow away like a fart in the wind.
D) indicates Brady wanted to leave and set it up to do just that.
E) it wasn't Kraft who obliged. It was Belichick
:coffee:

While I despise the TB12 persona and what he has become, a tribute posted elsewhere.

Tom MF'ng Brady - TB12

NFL Quaterback 2000-2022

The greatest quarterback and arguebly proffessional athlete in history has just retired after 22 insanely winning seasons. 10 Superbowls with 2 different team's and just about every record known to man.

Tom Brady is the most consistently clutch player seen in any sport. When the chips were down his focus, energy, and will to win all kicked into overdrive the likes of which is rarely seen and he came back and won most of those battles leading his team of incredibly motivated, hard nosed and hard working Patriots many times against all odds.

A great leader of men on football's battlefield of play.

We will never see a spectacle of achievement delivering so many moments of ecstasy to the long suffering Patriot fan faithful such as this again in our lifetimes.

Well, done Tom. What a career! What a life!!!

From all of New England and those who revel in human greatness, thank you for everything you delivered.

You "Did your job!"

Well done!!!

Go enjoy the rest of the world and life with your beautifully loving family. You earned it many times over.

Love ya man. Thank you for showing the world human immortality.

Love him or hate him Thomas Edward Patrick Brady is the greatest quarterback who ever lived.

The G.O.A.T

Last edited:

Here's how it went down:

You do realize Guerrero not a Patriots employee. He was banned from working on anyone .Besides Brady inside the building . No one was stopping them from training at TB12 at Patriots Place

Last edited:
had you been here prior to his leaving, you'd know this is bullshit. a lot of us were commenting about his attitude years ago. so it would probably be a good idea not to make statements like this.
Wait, what? You're saying my opinion is invalid because the some members here agreed awhile back that Brady's attitude sucked? Yeah ok, I don't agree with you. Brady's attitude never sucked. By all accounts he always was a tremendous leader and gave maximum effort toward playing championship caliber football.

D) indicates Brady wanted to leave and set it up to do just that.
E) it wasn't Kraft who obliged. It was Belichick
:coffee:
Once the contract with the voided years was signed, Brady knew '19 would be his last season in NE. That doesn't mean he "wanted" to leave in the first place. It means given what had transpired in the negotiations between him and the team, he wanted to explore free agency and hopefully sign with a team that would offer him a contract reflective of a genuine commitment.

I highly doubt Belichick was ok with the no franchise tag clause. That has Kraft's sole approval written all over it.

You do realize Guerrero not a Patriots employee. He was banned from working on anyone .Besides Brady inside the building . No one was stopping them from training at TB12 at Patriots Place
It's a fact Guerrero had his privileges scaled back by Belichick. He had prior access to certain things that were taken away. It was disruptive to Brady's treatment sessions with Guerrero. Obviously Brady would take offense to this. Reportedly in time Guerrero would have his privileges reinstated so the act restricting them in the first place was rendered pointless.

Can you imagine the chaos in that building should 60 some odd players all have their personal trainers and gurus in there?
If you just stick with the facts then we're only talking about one player who also happens to be the most important player in franchise history who was essential to the success of the team. Brady was the one player they could never afford to lose.

We need to move on. People have stated how they feel, have laid out what they think.

Some agree, some don't.

We have given everyone a lot of leway but this is old.

Agree to disagree instead of the repeated hamster wheel.

It's a fact Guerrero had his privileges scaled back by Belichick. He had prior access to certain things that were taken away. It was disruptive to Brady's treatment sessions with Guerrero. Obviously Brady would take offense to this. Reportedly in time Guerrero would have his privileges reinstated so the act restricting them in the first place was rendered pointless.

If you just stick with the facts then we're only talking about one player who also happens to be the most important player in franchise history who was essential to the success of the team. Brady was the one player they could never afford to lose.
Privileges is key word. Those can be revoked at any time by the HC . All your posts are clear. You only cared about Brady instead of the team . Enjoy wasting your money being a butt hurt season ticket holder .

Last edited:
Wait, what? You're saying my opinion is invalid because the some members here agreed awhile back that Brady's attitude sucked? Yeah ok, I don't agree with you. Brady's attitude never sucked. By all accounts he always was a tremendous leader and gave maximum effort toward playing championship caliber football.
No, you can have whatever opinion you wish to have. what you shouldn't do is post a comment that accuses us of feeling a certain way only due to tb retirement non comments when you weren't here to see that is not true of us.

I am sticking with facts. You think one player deserves to be treated better than every other player, having his desires catered to. It fosters resentment and is awful for the culture. Goat or not, it is anti-team. In the ultimate team sport.

I think that is detrimental to the word team and team building and its how you end up with entitled jerks like Rodgers and the Tampa version of Tom.

When he couldn't be treated special, above every other player, he was the most miserable 8-0 qb you ever saw. He changed and wanted out. He got it and got another sb out of it. Enjoy it.

I'd rather root for the Pats than spend anymore energy on an enititled ex-athlete.

While I despise the TB12 persona and what he has become, a tribute posted elsewhere.

Tom MF'ng Brady - TB12

NFL Quaterback 2000-2022

The greatest quarterback and arguebly proffessional athlete in history has just retired after 22 insanely winning seasons. 10 Superbowls with 2 different team's and just about every record known to man.

Tom Brady is the most consistently clutch player seen in any sport. When the chips were down his focus, energy, and will to win all kicked into overdrive the likes of which is rarely seen and he came back and won most of those battles leading his team of incredibly motivated, hard nosed and hard working Patriots many times against all odds.

A great leader of men on football's battlefield of play.

We will never see a spectacle of achievement delivering so many moments of ecstasy to the long suffering Patriot fan faithful such as this again in our lifetimes.

Well, done Tom. What a career! What a life!!!

From all of New England and those who revel in human greatness, thank you for everything you delivered.

You "Did your job!"

Well done!!!

Go enjoy the rest of the world and life with your beautifully loving family. You earned it many times over.

Love ya man. Thank you for showing the world human immortality.

Love him or hate him Thomas Edward Patrick Brady it is the greatest quarterback who ever lived.

The G.O.A.T
Awesome. Thank you for posting!

Back