Brady Officially Retires (?)

I hope this is okay to post on the main form because we are talking about the retirement of the greatest quarterback of all time and the greatest Patriot player of all time. It is being reported that Brady is going to make an announcement early next week and most expect it to be his retirement.

I'm hoping Tampa releases him so he can sign a one-day deal with the Patriots and retire a Patriot. I realize that may be pie in the sky but I am hoping for it like crazy.

Last edited:
I hate the timing to be honest right before the super bowl but whatever. I guess he gets to announce it whenever he likes.

I think he should retire too... he played great at 44 but it can't keep going, and there is a big group of young QB's now.
I think now would be the perfect time. he's going out as "on top" as he can minus not actually going out after an SB win, and he just happens to have way more then anyone else in that dept.
if he does it next week, it's all the talk for a few days, THEN it shifts to the SB. he let Ben do his retirement thing last week, so while I don't think much of Ben due to his "you know what" (not going to drag the thread down on that stuff) he will be an HOFer so he got his few days of coverage to himself. that first week between SB's drags, as us Pats fans have been lucky enough to deal with a lot

Giselle finally convinced him to retire . He had nothing left to prove . He’s already the Goat . Only thing left is Sign the 1 day contract. Join Bruce Armstrong having his number retired .

Goodbye to the diva and his Yoko who broke up the band.

Thanks for the memories.

Now go rest your neck and stop being a douchebag.

I don't buy the family angle for his retirement. Or this bullshit about Giselle can't bear to see him taking hits or whatever the fuck he said. He wants out of Tampa Bay because he thinks Arians is a MORON.

He'll unretire on July 1 and sign with SF.

If his retirement sticks then on the plus side perhaps we've heard the last of that assclown Jim Gray.

If his retirement sticks then on the plus side perhaps we've heard the last of that assclown Jim Gray.

Given your opinion of Gray, am I safe in assuming that he's closely related to Bill Belichick?

:coffee:

I don't buy the family angle for his retirement. Or this bullshit about Giselle can't bear to see him taking hits or whatever the fuck he said. He wants out of Tampa Bay because he thinks Arians is a MORON.

He'll unretire on July 1 and sign with SF.
I believe he is signed for another year in TB, so he can't just go sign with anyone he wants. And I'm not sure he would want yet another team.

Seems likely, his long time assistant Ben Rawitz is now looking for work. He has reached out to other QBs like Burrow, Mac etc to see if there’s opportunities. It seems ominous.

Could be TB decided better to hang em up a year too early than a year too late.
You can make the case that he was playing his best football in his 40s which is unbelievable. He never had a decline in his play for 22 years.

The only time he missed for injury was 2008. Unbelievable durability.

I'll put aside that I'm sick of seeing him play in a Tampa uniform. Didn't mind it much the first year.
However, I think that Tom is playing Russian Roulette with his health. Don't have to look too far back to see what happened to Alex Smith and there are other examples. All it takes is one play. Football is not a gentle game.
And for what reason? He's done everything he can possibly do. Many of the records he holds will never be broken.
I know the Brady groupies want him to play forever. They don't know how they are going to go on living after he's gone.

I'll put aside that I'm sick of seeing him play in a Tampa uniform. Didn't mind it much the first year.
However, I think that Tom is playing Russian Roulette with his health. Don't have to look too far back to see what happened to Alex Smith and there are other examples. All it takes is one play. Football is not a gentle game.
And for what reason? He's done everything he can possibly do. Many of the records he holds will never be broken.
I know the Brady groupies want him to play forever. They don't know how they are going to go on living after he's gone.
I am happy for him. I never wanted him to play forever. That would be silly. I am glad he is going out playing his best ball and never gave the haters a chance to see him decline. It is a very satisfying ending to the best football career of all time.

He wants out of Tampa Bay because he thinks Arians is a MORON.
There was actually a lucid point that you made in this post, so I wanted to make sure everybody caught it. It was actually quite impressive from the guy that comes out here begging to be assclowned on just about a daily basis.

Back