Bring on the Texans

SkiptoMyLou

Thank you, coach!
Reaction score
Already licking my chops in anticipation for this one. Pretty sure the offense is gonna teach the Texans what a contender really is. I'm also very confident in the defense. They don't have the horses to keep up with the Pats rape train.

CHOO-CHOO-MOTHER****ERS!!!

The O-line better play a lot better. Then they did against the fins. They struggled all game protecting brady.

Already licking my chops in anticipation for this one. Pretty sure the offense is gonna teach the Texans what a contender really is. I'm also very confident in the defense. They don't have the horses to keep up with the Pats rape train.

Be careful what you wish for.

you really give Houston no credit at all ?

I picked Houston on August 1st. Just like I picked New Orleans in 09.

I dont think Kubiak will let his team roll over and die. Hell...they won't let themselves roll over.

$50,000 Houston.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Texans are a solid squad, I just don't think they match up well with the Pats. I'm also on a high due to the last few games... I feel the offense is gonna be firing on all cylinders after the sub-par performance against the Dolphins.

I'm generally not one to posts things like this, but I just feel like it's gonna be a rout. The Texans haven't played a strong offense since the Packers, and they got absolutely routed. Not to mention I think they still had Cushing at the time. I just have a very good feeling about this game.

I will just say, I hope our oline blocks better and I am glad the game is at home...I do worry about JJ watts, and Johnson on their offense.

As disgusting as this makes me feel, GO PATS!

If you guys beat them we still have a shot (small though it may be) at the division.

Colts nation is behind you!

Houston is shitty. We're going to beat the living piss out of them and put on a show for the nation.

The Texans are a solid squad, I just don't think they match up well with the Pats. I'm also on a high due to the last few games... I feel the offense is gonna be firing on all cylinders after the sub-par performance against the Dolphins.

I'm generally not one to posts things like this, but I just feel like it's gonna be a rout. The Texans haven't played a strong offense since the Packers, and they got absolutely routed. Not to mention I think they still had Cushing at the time. I just have a very good feeling about this game.

If you were talking about last year's Texans then I'd agree with you. This year's Texans and I think it's the opposite actually. Last year the Texans had Yates around this time. Their offense dropped off big time. Plus No Andre Johnson. They didn't have the ability to score with a high powered offense like the Patriots. This season though the Texans are currently 2nd in overall points right behind the Patriots at #1. So, the Texans have an offense that can go back and forth if they have to. The Texans definitely have a better defense as well. With the Pats being banged up on their offense right now, I think this is actually a good time for the Texans to be playing the Patriots considering the injuries. The Patriots get home field advantage though, so that will factor in some. It's a very intriguing match up right now.

I said a week ago after watching Houston's recent play that I am confident that we can beat them, and I still am. I trust there will be an elaborate game plan against Johnson and Foster which should limit the Houston O greatly. I am becomign more and more confident in this defense as they played well against Miami despite not particularly getting a whole lot of help on the other side of the ball.

Though I was disappointed with much of the offense's play (as a whole, including OL and WRs) against Miami, it is Miami and they have a solid defense. Not saying that Houston doesn't but they are pretty banged up. The OL is banged up and that isn't too appealing because the other team has JJ Watt who has had a great year. I think even without Gronk the offense will have a good game.

I see some changes coming at WR as they might bring someone in (perhaps Donte) to compensate for the Edelman injury. The run game is solid with the duo of Vereen/Ridley and Woodhead on 3rd down and no-huddle packages. I think Josh will come up with something creative against the Texans D.

I have a good feeling about this one and you should not be worried about this game. We should have a comfortable lead but I'll be nervous if it comes down to a FG since HOU has been getting lucky. Otherwise we're in good shape. The O will rebound.

I'd agree with you if we had a healthy Gronk and Edelman to go along with WW and AHern. Without Edelman now, Brady is down to 2 1/2 receivers and that's counting Lloyd who has been a major disappointment for me this year. WW and AHern will be the Texans' focus and as we saw from the Jets 2 yrs ago, if Brady only has 2 options, the job is too easy for defenses. I don't share your optimism although I'd like to. We're like an 8 cylinder engine that's hitting on only 4 of them.

I'd agree with you if we had a healthy Gronk and Edelman to go along with WW and AHern. Without Edelman now, Brady is down to 2 1/2 receivers and that's counting Lloyd who has been a major disappointment for me this year. WW and AHern will be the Texans' focus and as we saw from the Jets 2 yrs ago, if Brady only has 2 options, the job is too easy for defenses. I don't share your optimism although I'd like to. We're like an 8 cylinder engine that's hitting on only 4 of them.
I agree.. I think losing Edelman hurts a lot,and our run game has suffered a bit since we lost the best run blocking TE in football with Gronk. This game would have been a 45 to 17 game if we were a healthy team. But our injuries should make the score closer. Wes Welker will have a huge game. I'm thinking 13 catches for 125 yards 2 TD's,and Ridley will have a 110 yard 2 TD performance...

The Texans ST is penalty-prone, and their defense has slowed down considerably. I expect NE to run it down their throats, with Brady taking what they give him. I predict a NE win, 38-21.

I will just say, I hope our oline blocks better and I am glad the game is at home...I do worry about JJ watts, and Johnson on their offense.

Stopping Arian Foster may be an additional interesting task, too. Also, the silent and unnoticed secondary with Joseph, Brice, Ball, Demps, Harris, Quin, etc will not make it easy for the Pats passing game. The Pats will have to run (and pound the ball) in order to win this game. Lastly, WRs Jean, Martin, Posey, and Walter will all present an interesting Pats secondary challenge, as well. :stirpot:

Back