bs thread

actually it seems you continuously have issues with TommyD's post so maybe ignore would be the best solution for all.

Not TommyD in particular, just condescending posts in general. If it seems like it is just TommyD, well then...... those dots are easy to connect. I may be a hypocrite if you take the politics forum into account. That said, there is a reason that is a forum of its own.

My suggestion would be that the constant talking down to others stop and my responses to the condescension would cease. Then everyone is happy.

Not TommyD in particular, just condescending posts in general. If it seems like it is just TommyD, well then...... those dots are easy to connect. I may be a hypocrite if you take the politics forum into account. That said, there is a reason that is a forum of its own.

My suggestion would be that the constant talking down to others stop and my responses to the condescension would cease. Then everyone is happy.

Again I suggest, use the ignore option.

Then you are warned, do not continue to follow said poster to play internet cop.

Thank you,

No need to try to debate it

Have a nice day.

No debate. Internet (or forum) cop is what you do.

I don't "follow" anybody. As I said before, I don't react to TommyD in particular, but I do react to mean and condescending posts. But I get that he isn't to be questioned or I will be banned, per your warning.

While I have no wish to be banned, the list of banned people has some real good folks on it.

I woke up again this morning. I am having a good day!

My two cents that are worthy of nothing except my own opinion.

Tommy is one of the smartest, most knowledgeable posters on this board, and he's usually right. He may be to the point without a whole lot of banter, but he's pretty much got facts to back up everything he says. And I respect that a whole lot more than some of the other crap that gets posted around here.

But what do I know. Gerhart Schwedes keeps telling me how much smarter he is than me, and he's still around, so I guess some people would rather have a troll around than someone with actual intelligence, like Tommy.

My two cents that are worthy of nothing except my own opinion.

Tommy is one of the smartest, most knowledgeable posters on this board, and he's usually right. He may be to the point without a whole lot of banter, but he's pretty much got facts to back up everything he says. And I respect that a whole lot more than some of the other crap that gets posted around here.

But what do I know. Gerhart Schwedes keeps telling me how much smarter he is than me, and he's still around, so I guess some people would rather have a troll around than someone with actual intelligence, like Tommy.

PFL,

Often you are correct. The issue with TommyD is not around his knowledge, it is around his "bedside manor". It stinks. For someone as knowledgable as he is, he generally will not stand for any questioning of his posts. This exposes an area of opportunity for TD.

People who are confident in their analysis general come off as relaxed and not concerned when questioned. For instance, if I tell you the sun will come up tomorrow and you say it will not , I am not concerned with your answer.

The name calling and the personal intelligence attacks should stop. When they do, the mods will no longer have a conundrum to deal with.

PFL,

Often you are correct. The issue with TommyD is not around his knowledge, it is around his "bedside manor". It stinks. For someone as knowledgable as he is, he generally will not stand for any questioning of his posts. This exposes an area of opportunity for TD.

People who are confident in their analysis general come off as relaxed and not concerned when questioned. For instance, if I tell you the sun will come up tomorrow and you say it will not , I am not concerned with your answer.

The name calling and the personal intelligence attacks should stop. When they do, the mods will no longer have a conundrum to deal with.

The issues you have with Tommy are the same issues that people have with me. Some people just have different styles. I can be brusk and abrasive and name call, though I've never seen Tommy name call anyone. In fact, he has made a point numerous times to say that he finds it pointless.

But whatever. You're not a fan. I like his style. To each their own.

Mantit pic needed.

Cat pic needed.

hC668168A

If someone calling someone else "chuckles" is really all that offensive, well then......

Oh well.

If someone calling someone else "chuckles" is really all that offensive, well then......

Oh well.

Pretty thin skin, huh?

I mean, I would have gone for obnoxious, self righteous, arrogant, douchebag, dickhead, and a few others before chuckles, but, hey, that's just me.

Tommy is much more diplomatic.

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/barenakedladies/thekingofbedsidemanor.html

"The King Of Bedside Manor"

You know he's not the kind of man who likes to see the world around him
Crumble to a ball around his feet.
So he's always ready, he's always set, he's always well prepared,
he's the most peculiar man you'll ever meet.

[Chorus]
You know he's not the king of Bedside Manor.
He's not the Tom Jones that lives next door.
He's not the king of Bedside Manor.
He hardly even lives there anymore.

He says excuse me, I hope you don't mind
that I followed you into this shop
but I couldn't help but notice that riding crop
Sticking out of your haversack,
Um, I wouldn't mind riding you bareback.
He's subtle on the dancefloor and he's suave around the bar
He's a quickdraw with a lighter, he's a pseudo movie star.
You know he was quite a singer, quite an actor,
quite some time ago.
He had quite a famous program, late night bedtime tv show.

[Chorus]

Well he opens up the curtains at the crack of dawn
Just to see the lovely ladies who have come and gone
From the house next door to his house on the lane,
He consoles himself that he's got his health and he knows he can't complain.

[Chorus]

He's not the King of Bedside Manor
He's not the King of Bedside Manor
Hardly even lives there anymore.

Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto

He's not the king, he's not the king, he's not the king of Bedside Manor.

Couldn't resist. Sorry, aloyouis :)

Back