Can Kraft do something about the traffic

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
I know it is unpopular to pick on Mr. Kraft today but can we do something about it taking me an hour and a half to drive from Mansfield to Gillette. This was the worst driving experience I have ever had going to a game (I was home for the Miami Snow Bowl as the tickets had been gifted to a friend)

My concern was I did not have enough time to cook all my food prior to having to pack up the tailgate for the game. Add in that the time to relax and have a frosty beverage was cut significantly.

so what you going to do Mr. Krafty?

vehicles were backed up before 4 pm on rte one, rte 140 was almost to the center of foxboro

Mikiemo, maybe it's time to trade your Schwynn for a Corolla or something. That could be the source of the issue, no?

Hey, they built all those nice bridges and access roads on Rt 1.... what more do you want? Teleport parking?

mikiemo83 on 09-17-2007 at 11:37 AM said:

so what you going to do Mr. Krafty?

vehicles were backed up before 4 pm on rte one, rte 140 was almost to the center of foxboro
I thought I heard it reported somewhere that Danny Goy® was walking down the center of Rte.1 N with a hand squeegee harassing people by cleaning their windshields for quarters

the curiosity factor alone caused the backup

Re: Re: Can Kraft do something about the traffic

OldDirtyRG on 09-17-2007 at 11:45 AM said:
I thought I heard it reported somewhere that Danny Goy® was walking down the center of Rte.1 N with a hand squeegee harassing people by cleaning their windshields for quarters

the curiosity factor alone caused the backup
that was Danny, dammit I wouldn't have tipped him as much

Wait until the Bass Pro Shops opens, you think you have traffic issues now.

Ever since they started building the "patriot place" mall the traffic has been all fugged up for us. It really really blows.... We come in from 495. I guess we will just have to start coming in earlier but man it is a much much bigger pain in the ass then it use to be.

I've been attending games for many, many years.....last night's traffic getting in and out of teh stadium was by far the worst I've ever experienced. It's always bad...really bad....now it's just plain 'ole silly.

Gotta agree with you mikie. 15 years and hundreds of games and this was BY FAR the worst ever. EVER. It was so bad that if it doesn't improve I'm not going down there again. I am hoping it was a night game issue. They always seem to be a bit worse than the 1:00 games.

A friend of mine is one of the guys in charge of the parking. He always puts me right up close, so exiting isn't an issue for me. I can't even imagine how bad it was post-game.

Anyways, He came by my tailgate and said it was absolutely ridiculous how far they let the traffic back up before opening the lots at 4:10. Either way, the issue wouldn't be as bad if they just open the ****ing lots up early and get the traffic off of route 1. He said if it had been up to him they'd have been open at 3:00. I got to bickfords on route 1 (coming from the south shore) at about 3:30 and didn't move for 45 minutes. I finally got in a spot in P2 at 5:15.

Garbanza on 09-17-2007 at 12:04 PM said:
I've been attending games for many, many years.....last night's traffic getting in and out of teh stadium was by far the worst I've ever experienced. It's always bad...really bad....now it's just plain 'ole silly.

:Lwelcome:

About time you posted. ;)

Holy crap! I hope it is not like this next week. I am leading a caravan of 4 cars from Maine and we are planning on arrival around 8:45 in Foxboro. This sounds like it was awful. Maybe the earlier game will help but I really want to get in early as most of the 19 of us have standing room tix (it is all you can get when tix go on sale) and we will have to go in early to get good spots...

Garbanza on 09-17-2007 at 12:04 PM said:
welcome to the planet Garbanza

I was forced to change plans and park in a different lot. I got home, emptied the food and dishes from the truck, washed said dishes and went to bed around 3 am only to rise at 5:30 this morning and I don't drink coffee

My experience was ok since I left early. I got to the parking lot area around 3:30 and parked in a satellite lot just north of the stadium. Traffic on Route 1 N was screwed up (good call on doing construction during football season), but my ride home wasn't too bad.

Try the mass transit. Leaves from Providence and Boston. $12 round trip. There's info on patriots.com, if you go to stadium info. It's under "directions"

Steve1 on 09-17-2007 at 12:12 PM said:
Try the mass transit. Leaves from Providence and Boston. $12 round trip. There's info on patriots.com, if you go to stadium info. It's under "directions"
I like my tailgate time, so maybe if the rest of you took mass transit my ride would be better

yeah all youse take teh transit

Mikie, where did you end up?

My neighbor left 15 minutes before me (3 PM), got to the P8 entrance at 4PM (twice the normal drive time) and the gates were still not open. The cops wouldn't let him pull over and he ended up on the north end of the stadium. It took me 1:20 to get into the lot, normally takes no more than 30 minutes.

The biggest problem was the refusal to open the lots early. Plus night games tends to be bad anyways. For 1PM games, we know the lots open at 9AM exactly and people are a little slower getting going.

I wouldn't advise getting there too early. You may end up having to circle around waiting for the gates to open.

bideau on 09-17-2007 at 12:15 PM said:
Mikie, where did you end up?
the back of Rodman Ford actually, knowing your lot would be full, I refused to go down to that lower level and be locked in until Dawn

Bolts and his buddy showed up and joined the party.

my favorite part was his friend leaving his glasses, so I took a walk over around mid 2nd quarter and shouted down to him;
"I want you to be able to see this".... oh the chuckles that got, I am so funny.

The Big Lebowski on 09-17-2007 at 12:15 PM said:
Can you grill on that train? Stogies? Beers?

You can't grill or smoke on the train, but people bring food, and I hate to tell you, but some people have been known to have a cold beverage or two.

It's all what you want to do, anyway...it's all good!

Back