Can you laugh at yourself?

Can you laugh at yourself?

• Total voters
Having read my posts on this forum, I think a more appropriate question would be "Can you NOT laugh at yourself?" That would actually be a fairly impressive display of self control as funny as I am.

Laughter suppression causes the simultaneous malfunction of multiple body parts.

I don't recommend attempting it.

Laughter suppression causes the simultaneous malfunction of multiple body parts.

I don't recommend attempting it.

In simpler language:

'Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Stifle a laugh, and you will clean up the mess alone.'

I laugh at myself all the time, cause I wanna be cool...

I mean, if everyone else is laughing at me, shouldn't I join in? :shrug:

Peer pressure - I feelz it.

I laugh at myself all the time, cause I wanna be cool...

I mean, if everyone else is laughing at me, shouldn't I join in? :shrug:

Peer pressure - I feelz it.
I feels ya

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ChjHS8-SbLg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

not only do i laugh at myself, i pick on myself as well. i'm such a f*cking bully.

Charlie Sheen's response to this poll question?

"I just wanna thank you falettinme be mice elf agin."

Yes, in fact probably towards a deleterious degree. Whilst I take serious things very srsly, the majority of things are so absurdly trivial that I often neglect how my thoughts affect others, etc. I'm often flippant and jovial and childishly f'in around when others are serious. (i.e.: this messageboard. Most folks are kidding around 'n all, but serious. I entertain myself selfishly).

That said, when shit hits the fan irl, I'm generally the one who isn't panicking and is able to cogently delineate responsibilities and assuage fears whilst the others are splashing in puddles, so eh.

So, in summary: I'm a cocky, megalomaniac sociapath. Thus I generally laugh.

While of course I am humble enough to be capable of laughing at myself, being practically perfect in every way (much like Mary Poppins) gives me very little reason to do so.

:)

Yip
I tell my son all the time, if you can't laugh at yourself, your not really living

Back