Celtics

Yay! The Little Wanderers who are basketball fans love Marcus Smart, but while I loved the defense he'd historically shown, I hated seeing the ball in his hands. I preferred seeing Brogdon, and especially White, bringing the ball up the floor.

Sounds like this is also a goodbye to Grant Williams, then. The new frontcourt will not likely be poster-children for that most important of all the abilities, huh? Time Lord & Porzingis with their injuries, and how friggin' old is Al now? 42?

Yay! The Little Wanderers who are basketball fans love Marcus Smart, but while I loved the defense he'd historically shown, I hated seeing the ball in his hands. I preferred seeing Brogdon, and especially White, bringing the ball up the floor.

Sounds like this is also a goodbye to Grant Williams, then. The new frontcourt will not likely be poster-children for that most important of all the abilities, huh? Time Lord & Porzingis with their injuries, and how friggin' old is Al now? 42?
Well Al can spend a lot more time on the bench now, he was such a liability in the playoffs. Porzingas basically plays his position, and is 6" taller. The defense isn't as good, but all he has to be is 7'3" most of the time.

Porzingas was healthy most of last season, he sat out the last couple of weeks last year (as did Beal), because the Wizards went full tank.

I mean, they just traded their two best players for some second round picks, a PG who could probably start for them and a developmental wing.

And I'm ok with goodbye with Grant Willams, thanks for the memories and such, but again, he was more of a liability in crucial situations than not - and he didn't even see the floor against Miami in the ECF.

Well Al can spend a lot more time on the bench now, he was such a liability in the playoffs. Porzingas basically plays his position, and is 6" taller. The defense isn't as good, but all he has to be is 7'3" most of the time.

Porzingas was healthy most of last season, he sat out the last couple of weeks last year (as did Beal), because the Wizards went full tank.

I mean, they just traded their two best players for some second round picks, a PG who could probably start for them and a developmental wing.

And I'm ok with goodbye with Grant Willams, thanks for the memories and such, but again, he was more of a liability in crucial situations than not - and he didn't even see the floor against Miami in the ECF.
let him take his whiny act somewhere else

Man, next time one of you wants to call me a green teamer, remember this day, when everyone's crying about Marcus fucking Smart. Holy shit. I am not that guy.

Keep talking about what a leader Marcus Smart is. What exactly did he lead them to? Other than disappointment after disappointment?

Last edited:
Man, next time one of you wants to call me a green teamer, remember this day, when everyone's crying about Marcus fucking Smart. Holy shit. I am not that guy.

Keep talking about what a leader Marcus Smart is. What exactly did he lead them to? Other than disappointment after disappointment?
Yes, exactly. Something needs to be shaken up and we know Smart's ceiling. To move on from Tatum or Brown is more difficult without blowing it up as there are probably only 10-15 guys in the entire NBA who you could consider trading one of them for so if I am Wyc, I am riding them out for Brown's next contract.

And I am hearing a lot of criticism for Porzingis being a "soft big man." Well ok, but the entire Celtics team is soft - yet this is supposed to be big, bad Marcus Smart's team. Then why are they soft? Something needed to change and I am glad it played out this way.

I can't explain it.

Yes, exactly. Something needs to be shaken up and we know Smart's ceiling. To move on from Tatum or Brown is more difficult without blowing it up as there are probably only 10-15 guys in the entire NBA who you could consider trading one of them for so if I am Wyc, I am riding them out for Brown's next contract.

And I am hearing a lot of criticism for Porzingis being a "soft big man." Well ok, but the entire Celtics team is soft - yet this is supposed to be big, bad Marcus Smart's team. Then why are they soft? Something needed to change and I am glad it played out this way.
The same people crying about him being soft, were the same ones two years ago crying that they 'didn't trade for the unicorn' when the Knicks traded him.

It seems like a good move, if Porzingis stays healthy. I haven't followed the NBA for a long time, but looking at his stats, in the 4 years before last season, he played in under 60 games each year and under 50 games twice.

Marcus smart. Was so overrated by most Celtics fans. He was a role player. Who thought he was an all star. I am doing the dance of joy that he is gone.

saw this metioned in another article as part of what Celtics get out of this....
ESPN reported that the Celtics will also get a $6.2 million trade exception.

Celtics have broke the record. Jaylen Brown has been given a 5 year $304M supermax extension....Good lord.

Celtics have broke the record. Jaylen Brown has been given a 5 year $304M supermax extension....Good lord.
I know, crazy. Definitely an elite talent but hard to say he's worthy of the richest contract in NBA history.

That being said, with how the NBA is structured, I agree with the signing. Boston is not a particularly attractive draw for elite NBA free agent talent, and with Brown and Tatum, the Celtics still have a very strong contending nucleus. They had to do this.

Welp, proves you don't have to be able to dribble to make $61mm/yr to play basketball.
Imagine what he would be worth. If he could dribble. Hopefully, he asks for a trade in a year. Or the Celtics send him packing.

Yeah I am unsure how I feel about this, I would have done whatever I could to package him for some big dude, ie Donic or something.

Imagine what he would be worth. If he could dribble. Hopefully, he asks for a trade in a year. Or the Celtics send him packing.
Those rumors are already out there. Multi-team deal sending Brown to the Rockets, picks to Portland, Dame here.

Those rumors are already out there. Multi-team deal sending Brown to the Rockets, picks to Portland, Dame here.
Now that brown signed the super max deal. The Celtics aren't allowed to trade him for a year. Unless dame stays in Portland for another year. Brown won't be a part of that trade. Or any other trade.

Back