Celtics

Wow. Didn’t know celts had the ‘nads to do this
I really liked Robert Williams but his knee will always be an issue

HUGE trade, and now the Celtics are by far the #1 team in the NBA.

Loved Williams, but he was always, always injured. Holliday is clearly a big upgrade at PG.
Gives them a true big 3. Well, honestly a big 4, but big 3 even accounting for the inevitable Porzinjuries. They are going to be seriously difficult to defend.

Glad for this thread. I wasn't honestly sure if this trade was awesome or not.

Love the Jrue trade, I thought the C's really blew it when he was available after the Pelicans let him walk away years ago. Great veteran leader that can say he's actually won something. He's a more consistent version of Smart without the ego and will be the starting PG, and White will be at the 2. Will miss RW3 but won't miss constantly worrying about his health(that honor now goes to Porzingis).

Holiday
White
Brown
Tatum
Porzingis

No idea how well these guys are going to gel, but that's a damn good starting 5 on paper

Love the Jrue trade, I thought the C's really blew it when he was available after the Pelicans let him walk away years ago. Great veteran leader that can say he's actually won something. He's a more consistent version of Smart without the ego and will be the starting PG, and White will be at the 2. Will miss RW3 but won't miss constantly worrying about his health(that honor now goes to Porzingis).

Holiday
White
Brown
Tatum
Porzingis

No idea how well these guys are going to gel, but that's a damn good starting 5 on paper
That's some fun small ball, with a twist.

That's some fun small ball, with a twist.
It's funny to see it written like that, but yeah, I guess Tatum would be a stretch-4 in that lineup.

I'm a little concerned this will mean more minutes for Average Al, but we'll see how it all shakes out.

The Cs are now, primed for a title run. I loved Rob, really did but Jrue is next level. I have zero doubt that Tatum and Brown signed off on this deal.

The Cs are now, primed for a title run. I loved Rob, really did but Jrue is next level. I have zero doubt that Tatum and Brown signed off on this deal.
I mean, it's now or never. Tatum's contract is up next year.

I'm a little concerned this will mean more minutes for Average Al, but we'll see how it all shakes out.
Same, they still have some bullets in the chamber to get another big between now and mid-season. Right now Al is really the only legit defender they have against guys like Giannis and Embiid.

agreed, same level of love I had for Marcus...BUT

they weren't able to get over the top with Marcus and Rob can't stay healthy. Holiday and Porzingis will cover for a multitude of other ills as long as they're healthy, each one is a primary option on offense AND can create their own shots. This has the potential to succeed spectacularly.

...this feels like childhood all over again. Sox and the Pats both blow, was never a Bruins fan. The Celtics were the thing for me. I need more banners

agreed, same level of love I had for Marcus...BUT

they weren't able to get over the top with Marcus and Rob can't stay healthy. Holiday and Porzingis will cover for a multitude of other ills as long as they're healthy, each one is a primary option on offense AND can create their own shots. This has the potential to succeed spectacularly.

...this feels like childhood all over again. Sox and the Pats both blow, was never a Bruins fan. The Celtics were the thing for me. I need more banners

hahahah damn you are right it does doesn't it? Difference is I was always a Bruins fan so they had some better years and some Cup runs.

hahahah damn you are right it does doesn't it? Difference is I was always a Bruins fan so they had some better years and some Cup runs.
I was the real oddball with this as a kid. My house wasn't really a big hockey house, I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Back