Celtics

Okay, won by 20 after 10 days off. Sloppy play, stretches of cold shooting, let 34 point lead slip to 15 and still win by 20. Kind of glad they did look that “bad” today, gets everybody focused on the job at hand
Could not agree more. I had a dread feeling in my stomach watching the last quarter of yesterday's game. I am glad big Al basically told them to shape up, I am sure he used other words.

Could not agree more. I had a dread feeling in my stomach watching the last quarter of yesterday's game. I am glad big Al basically told them to shape up, I am sure he used other words.
I can tell you that the dread feeling is indigenous to the part of the country you live in. In 42 years in MD I lost that and my accent. Had a mild case of it during the 2nd half of the Dynasty when winning became more about relief than joy.

Never had that feeling about the Sox, nothing mattered after '04. Never had it about the C's...ever...not even when they lost to the Dubs a couple years ago because they were still babies at that point. I have a theory as to why it was never really a thing with me-

I'm an oddball in that I didn't grow up a Bruins fan, and the Bruins drive this feeling more than all 3 other franchises combined by virtue of a 6-14 record in the Cup Finals. The Bruins have pulled off gakks that make SB42 and '78 look like child's play by comparison...topping it off with last year's first round exit

I can tell you that the dread feeling is indigenous to the part of the country you live in. In 42 years in MD I lost that and my accent. Had a mild case of it during the 2nd half of the Dynasty when winning became more about relief than joy.

Never had that feeling about the Sox, nothing mattered after '04. Never had it about the C's...ever...not even when they lost to the Dubs a couple years ago because they were still babies at that point. I have a theory as to why it was never really a thing with me-

I'm an oddball in that I didn't grow up a Bruins fan, and the Bruins drive this feeling more than all 3 other franchises combined by virtue of a 6-14 record in the Cup Finals. The Bruins have pulled off gakks that make SB42 and '78 look like child's play by comparison...topping it off with last year's first round exit
I respect how you view the teams.

I am a bit different, no mater where I have lived I have followed the Celtics, Sox, Patriots and Bruins to the best of my ability( depending if it was on tv, if I could get a stream etc) Now I am able to view all of them when I want to.

The dread feeling per team is as follows. The sick feeling for the Sox left me in 2004, nothing makes me feel blah about them and never will.. The Bruins I know goes with the season on how I feel. it depends on how they playing and the players themselves. The Celtics I have watched the most this season than any other team. I want another banner for the team and the players. So the dread comes and goes more with how they been playing well some days and what the hell other days. I know it is baseball season but I primarily watch Celtics and Bruins and once they are done will move on more to the Sox. The Pats with six SB I am good. I don't dread the games just get disappointed and pissed off.

I respect how you view the teams.

I am a bit different, no mater where I have lived I have followed the Celtics, Sox, Patriots and Bruins to the best of my ability( depending if it was on tv, if I could get a stream etc) Now I am able to view all of them when I want to.

The dread feeling per team is as follows. The sick feeling for the Sox left me in 2004, nothing makes me feel blah about them and never will.. The Bruins I know goes with the season on how I feel. it depends on how they playing and the players themselves. The Celtics I have watched the most this season than any other team. I want another banner for the team and the players. So the dread comes and goes more with how they been playing well some days and what the hell other days. I know it is baseball season but I primarily watch Celtics and Bruins and once they are done will move on more to the Sox. The Pats with six SB I am good. I don't dread the games just get disappointed and pissed off.
I am there with you although I haven't really followed the Bruins closely this year. My daughter, OTOH, is a RABID fan so I get my updates through her. I would love to see that Celtic banner be hoisted at the end of the season for sure. The Sox, whatever happens happens, I'll enjoy the ride by watching Jarren Duran zip around the bases at lightning speed, and watch Rafael eat his sunflower seeds and make stupid errors. Patriots have made it to where I can watch the games and not be totally bummed if they lose one game. They win, good for them. They lose, oh well...

You know what's funny? Where I am we have an enormous amount of NE transplants...for a Wizards game you're at the Garden South. Been to 4 games there, sea of green every time- last time in particular with "MVP!" chants ringing out every time JT touched the ball...

...BUT a Caps/Bruins game at Capital One is a Caps home game...

You know what's funny? Where I am we have an enormous amount of NE transplants...for a Wizards game you're at the Garden South. Been to 4 games there, sea of green every time- last time in particular with "MVP!" chants ringing out every time JT touched the ball...

...BUT a Caps/Bruins game at Capital One is a Caps home game...
Because the Caps are a competitive franchise, historically - and the Wizards/Bullets have been a fucking joke since the 70s.

I will say, only Celtics/New England fans would feel 'dread' when their 34...THIRTY FOUR...point lead gets cut to 15 (which is still a FIVE possession lead at absolute worst), and they end up winning by 20.

I am curious to see how tonight goes, now that the Celtics know all they need to do is make sure Bam Adabayo doesn't go for 70 to win. It feels like a playoff preseason series, with the added benefit of it being the Heat.

Because the Caps are a competitive franchise, historically - and the Wizards/Bullets have been a fucking joke since the 70s.

I will say, only Celtics/New England fans would feel 'dread' when their 34...THIRTY FOUR...point lead gets cut to 15 (which is still a FIVE possession lead at absolute worst), and they end up winning by 20.

I am curious to see how tonight goes, now that the Celtics know all they need to do is make sure Bam Adabayo doesn't go for 70 to win. It feels like a playoff preseason series, with the added benefit of it being the Heat.
there is no way the rest of these games should be competitive. Force Hero to put it on the floor (he makes JB look like Calvin Murphy) or give it up. Collapse the 4 and 5 on Bam, make them shoot 3s and have guys like Queta and Tillman playing the last 6 minutes.

One of these network clowns...had to have been that dumb gunch...said the C's bench is a WEAKNESS...PP and Hauser are capable of going for 50+ combined on a given night and I was at the game where Hauser went 10-10 from behind the arc. The C's 2nd unit is a playoff team...PP, Hauser, Al plus rotate Holiday and White in and out and Kornet to guard the rim. Pretty sure Mazulla could coach that to the playoffs, not to 64 wins but a seed above the play-in round.

Last edited:
...and in addition to all that, we have this...

unicorn GIF by Ice Breakers

if the MVP went to the guy who was TRULY an MVP KP would win it hands down because he makes that much of a difference. Without him the C's would have likely snagged the 1 or 2 anyway, but his presence elevates this team to dynasty level.

The talent disparity in favor of the Celtics is almost unfair but man this Heat team has a lot of fight in them.

This team ain't winning a title. It might "luck" into a title, but in no way should they lose 1 game to a team down 2 starters. Never.
They really are a joke. How the hell do you lose to the heat? At home. In the playoffs? When they are missing their two best players? They are a play in team. What an embarrassment.

Coaching adjustments. Heat infinitely better
Man, how long has basketball been around? How much has it changed in the past 50 years? What I am getting at is, there is only so many defenses you can play, offenses you can run that hasn't been seen before and that answer is exactly 0 in my opinion. Thus, talent takes over and this team doesn't get that. Hasn't gotten it and probably never will.

So the heat were the better team?
Yeah they actually are the better TEAM. The Cs have a 300 million dollar player, another soon be 300 million dollar player, TWO Olympic team members, and they lost to the 8th seed.

...and in addition to all that, we have this...

unicorn GIF by Ice Breakers

if the MVP went to the guy who was TRULY an MVP KP would win it hands down because he makes that much of a difference. Without him the C's would have likely snagged the 1 or 2 anyway, but his presence elevates this team to dynasty level.
Dynasty level? Whatever you are smoking. i want some. :ROFLMAO:

So much sloppy play. Holiday turned the ball over multiple times, KP was just not KP. Tatum gets frustrated and becomes a toddler that needs a nap. Hopefully they got this shit out of their systems moving forward

Do we have a count yet of how many people have jumped off the Tobin Bridge so far today? Wonder how many blocks back the line is. Obviously abortion is legal in MA because we witnessed one last night.

Okay folks, for those of you who may not remember Larry Legend had clankers in the playoffs. So did MJ. So did Kobe. So did Magic. And yet, between the 4 of them they racked up 19 chips.

So, with the understanding that the other team gets paid as well let's examine where this turned into a dumpster fire-

- first and foremost, instead of the Unicorn last night we got this-
Scared Scream GIF by DreamWorks Animation
. Like I said, KP raises this team to dynasty level when he's on

- everybody who's name didn't start with a J last night would have survived the Titanic because they would have never touched the water

- is Kornet hurt? Why the fuck is he not rotating in and out with Al and KP and creating a twin towers effect? This team should NEVER be outrebounded

- how many fucking years are you going to allow Caleb Martin open looks behind the arc before you realize he kills you from there?

- Tyler FUCKING Hero is NOT a hero, stop making him look like one

- Miami will shoot open 3's as will every other team in the league

- Spo is an all-time great coach

Here's the difference for me though- I'm pissed but not panicked because I think they may have needed this. Seen it before during chip runs as far as the Finals.

Back