CJ is retiring

Shame. There was a part of me hoping he would end up in NE next year, despite knowing it was very unlikely.

This early retirement reminds me a lot of Barry Sanders. Great players can only play so long in Detroit. A shame. I really loved watching CJ play.

This early retirement reminds me a lot of Barry Sanders. Great players can only play so long in Detroit. A shame. I really loved watching CJ play.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This right here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^
Sure he'll be remembered. Not only for his greatness but but also because he might be the only decent draft choice in the Millen era...ROFL

Schefter said this morning on Mike & Mike that he does not believe that even if Det was successful that Johnson would return. He told his family, Tulloch and Stafford right after last year he was retiring. That was Det's best season since he had been there. Schefter said that he truly believes it is more about the wear and tear on his body than anything else. Johnson agreed to take some more time just to make sure he feels that way when Caldwell asked him to in their year end meeting, but Schefter does not expect Johnson's mind to change.

When I was watching him earlier this season I wondered if he'd lost a step, but even banged-up he was still better than just about anybody in the league.

If he's serious, then kudos to him.

I like it when great players retire early, as long as they don't play for a team I root for. That's a hard career to walk away from.

Back