Coaching Profile: Bill O’Brien Rejoins Patriots as OC

Matt Cassel wrote an article explaining why a Bill O’Brien - Mac Jones pairing would work well

As an aside, kudos to Cassel for carving out a 14 year NFL career when he didn’t even start at QB in college. Pretty cool. Outlasted Leinart by a lot

Matt Cassel wrote an article explaining why a Bill O’Brien - Mac Jones pairing would work well

As an aside, kudos to Cassel for carving out a 14 year NFL career when he didn’t even start at QB in college. Pretty cool. Outlasted Leinart by a lot
Didn’t start at any level until the NFL. Amazing.

great find!

This article doesn’t make sense. BOB wouldn’t go to LV to work under a moron and also the Titans OC job isn’t attractive. If the Pats don’t cheap out in compensation, BoB would have most reasons to return to NE

This article doesn’t make sense. BOB wouldn’t go to LV to work under a moron and also the Titans OC job isn’t attractive. If the Pats don’t cheap out in compensation, BoB would have most reasons to return to NE

LV would be very attractive to BOB if Tom Brady were there and Bryce Young (or another good rookie) was drafted. LV makes sense to me.

Titans don't make any sense at all, I agree.

Bill O’Brien possibly caps off his Alabama career with a very strong bowl win, his QB throws for 5 TDs and is a likely #1 pick in the NFL Draft.

Bill O’Brien got unfairly blamed for Alabama losses where their defense gave up 52 points and 32 points (including failing in 2minute defense both games), but the fact is he is the only coach in Alabama history to:
  • Develop Alabama’s only Heisman QB winner ever
  • Run the only Alabama offense ever to have a 4000+ yard QB passer, two 1000+ WRs, and a 1000+ yard RB all in the same season.

Billy it’s time to come home to New England !!!

Last edited:
Some murmoring that BOB might go to Tampa Bay

Tampa has a lot of personnel work to do before BOB will commit to that mess as OC whether Brady is back or not.
Maybe as HC? I can see that.
I would think HC. Brady wanted him as HC in NE back when it looked like Bill might leave over the Jimmy trade.

Tampa has a lot of personnel work to do before BOB will commit to that mess as OC whether Brady is back or not.
Maybe as HC? I can see that.
That is the current rumor. HC.

Bob Kraft get Billy O’Brien on the phone this afternoon !!!

Pats should act quickly on BOB

He’s borderline going to get HC offers so offer him Assistant HC and also more money than a typical assistant

Pats should act quickly on BOB

He’s borderline going to get HC offers so offer him Assistant HC and also more money than a typical assistant
Doesn't appear to be "borderline" if the rumors are true in Miami. If they are, they ONLY way he comes here is with a promise of HC when BB retires.

And quite frankly I don't blame him.

Rumors are strong that BOB is going to Tampa as their next HC.

BOB would represent a continuation of the system that has been in place for 20 years, which is nice.

Kliff Kinsbury brings knowledge of that system but also a very different way of getting it done, which is intriguing.

I'd be good with either one.

This must mean something. (My family in Alabama, big Bama supporters, say most fans want him gone since they see BOB as a big part of the reason Bama didn't dominate.)
Reports say there has been no contact between Pats -BOB

FkzJu6JWAAAnbgs

Back