Congrats to HOFer, David Ortiz!

Congrats! I was always a fan of Big Papi.

I was there for his first career grand slam (as a Twin vs. Ramon Martinez) in 2000, for his final game ever in he 2016 ALDS, and many games in between.

As it correlates to the Patriots, I remember being at the Tennessee game in 2003. The Pats were 2-2 coming in to that game (they would not lose again until Halloween of the following year) and the Sox were playing Oakland in game 4 of the ALDS. Sox had come into that game down 2-1 and were trailing by a run when Papi doubled to drive in Nomar and Manny (off of Keith Foulke). Sox won, stay alive, fly across the country, and take the series in Oakland the next night.

But I just remember sitting in Gillette, having paid about the LEAST amount of attention to what was going on in that actual game than I had prior, or since.

My favorite baseball player of all time. So glad he got in on the first ballot and none of those other whiners did.

Last edited:
One other note, it matters how you conduct yourself during your career and after. These guys know sportswriters determine the HoF and so many of them went out of their way to be complete jerks on top of the PEDs. Honestly, I can't stand any of them.

That homer did not happen in the WS (World Series) - it was in the 2013 ALCS (American League Championship Series).

It was the bottom of the 8th over, I think, or whatever they call it in wicked wicket land. :beer:

I always remember the Cop in the bullpen throwing his hands in the air when it cleared the wall

That homer did not happen in the WS (World Series) - it was in the 2013 ALCS (American League Championship Series).

It was the bottom of the 8th over, I think, or whatever they call it in wicked wicket land. :beer:

The Sox couldn't do anything offensively in this game until that inning. The score felt more like 10-1. Thankfully Dave Dombrowski did not do too much to address that Tigers bullpen because they were dreadful.

Released in 2003 by the twins. :rofl: :coffee:

Big day in Minny I bet.

Cheers

FKET52BWYAQ70Tk

All well-deserved. I feel Yaz may be among the more historically underrated players, ever (still top 10 in hits, 400+ HR, triple crown, etc.)

Boggs and Ortiz got fairly late starts; neither had 500 plate appearances until they were 25 and 27, respectively. If the stats of today were as revered back then, Boggs may have been an MVP in that 1985-1988 window.

And every 5th day felt like a national holiday when Pedro was on the bump. You HAD to be home by 7 PM on those nights.

Back