Darrelle Revis is under investigation by Pittsburgh police

My mother always told me that "Nothing good ever happens after 2:30AM in Pittsburgh."

This is really ugly for Revis. He has not turned himself in yet. 2 guys unconscious and he is being charged with theft on top.

From Florio:

Darrelle Revis charged with four felonies

Posted by Zac Jackson on February 16, 2017, 10:56 PM EST

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - DECEMBER 27:
Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis has been charged with four felonies after an incident last weekend on Pittsburgh’s South Side.

Revis has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault, one count of robbery and one count of conspiracy, per multiple reports. He’s also been charged with making terroristic threats, a misdemeanor.

Pittsburgh Police released a statement Thursday evening saying charges were pending after police reviewed cellphone video showing Revis had some sort of altercation with a 21-year old man and a 22-year old man who were found unconscious around 2:40 a.m. last Sunday. The police statement said those men remember encountering Revis and having a verbal argument but woke up after being punched and weren’t sure who had punched them.

Revis’ attorney, Blaine Jones, told ESPN.com that he was trying to set up a time for Revis to turn himself in. Jones said that his client was not the aggressor and feared for his safety.

The Jets told local beat reporters they were aware of the incident and had spoken to Revis but would have no further comment. Revis, 31, played college football at Pitt and is from Western Pennsylvania.

A KDKA-TV report quoting a Revis attorney without naming him earlier Thursday said Revis had sought medical treatment after being attacked by five men. That differed from other reports and from a police statement earlier Thursday evening that said Revis threw a phone that belonged to one of the accusers into the street, and that officers estimate the men were unconscious for 10 minutes before being woken up by police.

My mother always told me that "Nothing good ever happens after 2:30AM in Pittsburgh."

Before 2:30am either....

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 AM ----------

officers estimate the men were unconscious for 10 minutes before being woken up by police.

Yeah. Um don't f**k w/Revis.

From the Post. They are already eulogizing Revis' career as a Jet.

This is rock bottom in Darrelle Revis’ fall from Jets legend
By Steve Serby February 16, 2017 | 11:33pm

The Jets used to look at the young Darrelle Revis and wanted to see Derek Jeter, because what franchise wouldn’t want its own Jeter, especially a franchise that hasn’t won a Super Bowl since Jan. 12, 1969?

Revis may have been cutthroat at the negotiating table, never had the relationship with Woody Johnson that Jeter had with George Steinbrenner, never won five championships as Jeter did, but for a long while there he made cornerback look as easy to play as the young Jeter made playing shortstop look. Jeter was Mr. November; Revis had Revis Island.

And Revis, who never met a dollar he didn’t like, who has outmaneuvered and out-leveraged everyone in his way and dominated the system the way he dominated the league’s best receivers, who has pocketed an ungodly $124 million in career earnings, was on board with the idea of being the Jeter of the Jets, because who wouldn’t want to be compared to such an icon of class and professionalism so near to what Madison Avenue has to offer?

And Jets fans who mourned his devastating knee injury that led to his divorce from the team, who were sick to their stomachs when he won his only Super Bowl as a one-year rental for Bill Belichick and the Patriots, jumped for joy when Johnson let bygones be bygones and engineered a reunion that resulted in Revis smiling in Times Square in his green-and-white 24 jersey on the cover of Sports Illustrated in July 2015. It was a recreation of the iconic Broadway Joe Namath cover from 50 years earlier.

Then came this shocking bombshell late Thursday:

Charges were pending against Revis after an altercation early Sunday in Pittsburgh.

Huh? Darrelle Revis?

And then this: Charges of aggravated assault, robbery, terroristic threats and conspiracy, according to multiple reports, were filed Thursday night and an arrest warrant was issued for the Jets cornerback.

Darrelle Revis?

Say it ain’t so.

And this, from a Revis lawyer named Blaine Jones:

“He was 1,000 percent the victim. He tried to retreat,” Jones said according to WTAE in Pittsburgh. “Darrelle was by himself when he was physically assaulted by one of the men, and unfortunately, at what point in time do you say enough is enough?”

Well, how about at 2:43 in the morning Sunday, when trouble can beat anybody on a post pattern, in the South Side of Pittsburgh, not far from Revis’ Aliquippa, Pa., home?

For those of us who have chronicled Revis from the start of his Jets days in 2007, whatever truly happened at the intersection of South 23rd and East Carson Streets is Ripley’s Believe It Or Not stuff.

The knee-jerk inclination is to call it fake news.

Except it isn’t.

Revis grew up on 309 Seventh Ave., in a red brick house on top of a hill, and the wife of the Aliquippa High School football coach told The Post six years ago: “He was one of those kids that always did everything right, that you look at as a model of what’s expected.”
That was then.

This is now, from the mouth of his attorney:

“He’s not going to run from a warrant.”

Revis knows better. But even the ones who know better don’t know better sometimes.

This has been a turbulent time in Revis’ career. He has been forced to confront a mushrooming athletic mortality with the remorseless Father Time leaving him diminished with such an alarming loss of swagger that he is open to a move to safety, what appears to be a Hail Mary plea of sorts to finish his career where it began.

Except that Revis has a $13 million salary for 2017 and is no longer a $13 million player. His deal includes $6 million guaranteed. He is due a $2 million roster bonus on March 10. He turns 32 in July.

For once, Revis has been cornered on Leverage Island.

He wasn’t 42-year-old Willie Mays in 1973 at Shea Stadium, but he was far from the Jets’ Say Hey Kid.

For so long, Revis was one of the legends of the fall.

Today we grapple with the fall of a legend.

Jeter earned himself a happy farewell tour.

With an NFL suspension of up to four games possible, it is now more probable than not that Darrelle Revis has earned himself a sad farewell.

Grievous Island indeed.

This is really ugly for Revis. He has not turned himself in yet. 2 guys unconscious and he is being charged with theft on top.

From Florio:

Darrelle Revis charged with four felonies

Posted by Zac Jackson on February 16, 2017, 10:56 PM EST

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ - DECEMBER 27:
Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis has been charged with four felonies after an incident last weekend on Pittsburgh’s South Side.

Revis has been charged with two counts of aggravated assault, one count of robbery and one count of conspiracy, per multiple reports. He’s also been charged with making terroristic threats, a misdemeanor.

Pittsburgh Police released a statement Thursday evening saying charges were pending after police reviewed cellphone video showing Revis had some sort of altercation with a 21-year old man and a 22-year old man who were found unconscious around 2:40 a.m. last Sunday. The police statement said those men remember encountering Revis and having a verbal argument but woke up after being punched and weren’t sure who had punched them.

Revis’ attorney, Blaine Jones, told ESPN.com that he was trying to set up a time for Revis to turn himself in. Jones said that his client was not the aggressor and feared for his safety.

The Jets told local beat reporters they were aware of the incident and had spoken to Revis but would have no further comment. Revis, 31, played college football at Pitt and is from Western Pennsylvania.

A KDKA-TV report quoting a Revis attorney without naming him earlier Thursday said Revis had sought medical treatment after being attacked by five men. That differed from other reports and from a police statement earlier Thursday evening that said Revis threw a phone that belonged to one of the accusers into the street, and that officers estimate the men were unconscious for 10 minutes before being woken up by police.

So lets see. Two dipshits decide to **** with an NFL caliber athlete and get their asses kicked and during the scuffle Revis grabs one of their phones and tosses it into the street which is probably the source of the Robbery charge which means that charge is getting shit canned. Eventually we'll see the video and it'll appear that this was a mutual combat situation where Revis was outnumbered and probably justified and laying the lumber. I could be wrong of course but I doubt this thing amounts to much in the long run beyond a payoff to the two jagoffs.

Jets' Darrelle Revis charged after weekend altercation in Pittsburgh

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis was charged with four felonies and a misdemeanor by Pittsburgh police on Thursday night stemming from his alleged involvement in a street altercation over the weekend that witnesses say left two men unconscious.

Police charged Revis with two felony counts of aggravated assault, one felony count each of robbery and conspiracy, and a misdemeanor count of terroristic threats.

Revis' attorney, Blaine Jones, told ESPN that he was trying to reach the four-time All-Pro by phone Thursday night to arrange for him to surrender to police. Jones wouldn't say when Revis would turn himself in but noted it would be "rather soon."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ets-reportedly-injured-pittsburgh-altercation
wow, his Fall Guy is in place with this from the article:

"According to the police statement, Revis tossed the cellphone on the street. A 21-year-old male from Ross Township, Pennsylvania, helped retrieve it. An argument ensued. An unidentified male came to help Revis. The other men told police they "were punched, then remember waking up to talk to police.""

Yeah. Um don't f**k w/Revis.
or his fall guy.

I'm sure this is how it went down, these guys wouldn't have any reason to not tell the truth, right?

Also, knocked out for 10 minutes? Alan wasn't even out for 10 minutes when Tyson suckered him:coffee:

Yeah, i agree with awte. not a revis fan but this thing smells like bs to me. All of a sudden with no past history he starts assaulting and robbing people? nahh. more likely he was baited by some punks who wanted $$$.

Ugh. I'll wait to hear more of the details but if this account is true, it's really a shame. For all of his holdouts, Revis has never been a "trouble" guy. I hope it's just a case of a couple idiots looking for their 15 minutes and some cash.

A little off topic, but I was listening to Dale & Holley on my way home yesterday. This was before the news of the arrest was out. They were talking about the Patriots secondary and Michael Holley stopped the conversation to say that he wanted to point out something that Jerry Thornton said right before he left WEEI.

Jerry said that Revis would be so bad going into the 2016 season that, if he were still a Patriot, Logan Ryan would start over him, contract be damned.

Holley pointed out that both he and Dale Arnold LAUGHED at Jerry for what they thought was a ridiculous Belichick-homer statement, and that Jerry was 100% correct.

Ugh. I'll wait to hear more of the details but if this account is true, it's really a shame. For all of his holdouts, Revis has never been a "trouble" guy. I hope it's just a case of a couple idiots looking for their 15 minutes and some cash.

I heard on the radio this morning that one of the 2 guys that was asaulted went to the hospital with multiple facial fractures around his eye.

There's no way to know what lead up to the punches that did it, or who threw them, but apparently Revis' agent is claiming that his client was "scouting real estate" at the time.

In south Pittsburg.

At 2:45 a.m.

:spock:

I heard on the radio this morning that one of the 2 guys that was asaulted went to the hospital with multiple facial fractures around his eye.

There's no way to know what lead up to the punches that did it, or who threw them, but apparently Revis' agent is claiming that his client was "scouting real estate" at the time.

In south Pittsburg.

Whenever I move, I always check the place out at night/early mornong before I commit. :coffee:

Jets' Darrelle Revis charged after weekend altercation in Pittsburgh

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis was charged with four felonies and a misdemeanor by Pittsburgh police on Thursday night stemming from his alleged involvement in a street altercation over the weekend that witnesses say left two men unconscious.

Police charged Revis with two felony counts of aggravated assault, one felony count each of robbery and conspiracy, and a misdemeanor count of terroristic threats.

Revis' attorney, Blaine Jones, told ESPN that he was trying to reach the four-time All-Pro by phone Thursday night to arrange for him to surrender to police. Jones wouldn't say when Revis would turn himself in but noted it would be "rather soon."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ets-reportedly-injured-pittsburgh-altercation

Rumour has it that he's also facing possible charges for stealing 17 Million Dollars....

this^^^

Headline: Drunken brawl in South Pittsburgh at 2:45 AM Sunday morning.

Number of ****s given: Zero

If there is one thing we learned from Brady-gate, the news cycle is insatiable and doesn't care who they screw over for a cheap headline.

Yeah, i agree with awte. not a revis fan but this thing smells like bs to me. All of a sudden with no past history he starts assaulting and robbing people? nahh. more likely he was baited by some punks who wanted $$$.

Part of me does wonder though if Revis is not handling his decline well. He was always saying how he was the best CB ever and as soon as he inked a contract and another CB made a dollar more than him, he held out. Guys like that, the mercenaries, don't handle their fall from the game well. These guys may have baited him but I am sure it was not the first time he was baited in his career but this time he had no ammunition to come back at them given how much his play has dropped off so he used his fists instead. All conjecture on my part but certainly a possibility.

In south Pittsburg.

did you see the guy, I loved his suit, it was sweet, real sweet.

This is a non-story but it is off season and I have no love for the jets so it is fun to poop on the traitor Revis who left for more money but less success.

funny thing is, we Pats fans should thank him for taking the money and not messing up the DB situation in NE.

did you see the guy, I loved his suit, it was sweet, real sweet.

This is a non-story but it is off season and I have no love for the jets so it is fun to poop on the traitor Revis who left for more money but less success.

funny thing is, we Pats fans should thank him for taking the money and not messing up the DB situation in NE.

I am most thankful for him raping the Jests and then falling off a cliff in his performance. I mean, really, this was Bill's best dupe ever.

From Daniel Wallach on Twitter. Revis charged with 4(!) felonies

C41dH0UWcAA7uBn.jpg

Back