Deaderick Suspended / Brace To IR

harrisonhits

NFL Can GFY
Reaction score
WTF !??? So much for reinforcements to the Dline.

Reiss and Shalise Manza Young are saying the Pats just suspended Deaderick.

And Young reporting Brace to IR and the Pats working out veteran Dlineman.

Pats officially place Brace on IR
Link|Comments (0)Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff January 3, 2011 06:15 PM
As expected, New England has placed second-year defensive lineman Ron Brace on injured reserve, ending his season.

Brace suffered an elbow injury in Buffalo.

The move clears the way for the team to re-activate rookie Brandon Spikes to the 53-man roster; Spikes was eligible to return to the team today after serving his four-game suspension.

New England also released DL Lorenzo Washington from the practice squad.

I think this might be a pretty good sign that Wright is ready to come back. I mean if he wasn't going to be back for the playoffs, they would have put him on the IR right? Just need to bring back LeKevin Smith and all will be right with the world.

I think this might be a pretty good sign that Wright is ready to come back. I mean if he wasn't going to be back for the playoffs, they would have put him on the IR right? Just need to bring back LeKevin Smith and all will be right with the world.

From what I have read, Wright not being IR'd has more to do with a combination of uncertainty, hope and value than any genuine expectation of his return.

From what I have read, Wright not being IR'd has more to do with a combination of uncertainty, hope and value than any genuine expectation of his return.

Damn is he in a coma? Thats the longest concussion injury I have ever seen.

<<
"big ones," remember?
>>

What a freaking moron. I hope its just for the next game in case they are still short on the Dline after that.

A few more bare details.

Pats suspend Deaderick

Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff January 3, 2011 07:30 PM
The Patriots have suspended rookie DL Brandon Deaderick, colleague Greg Bedard has confirmed. There is no word yet on why the seventh-round pick out of Alabama has received the punishment, nor is there any information on the length of the suspension.

The move further weakens a defensive line dealing with injuries - earlier today New England placed Ron Brace on injured reserve; Myron Pryor, who missed several games with a back injury, left Sunday's game with Miami early due to an eye injury, though it is unknown how severe that problem is. Also, Mike Wright has been sidelined due to a concussion for over a month.

The Pats tried out four D-linemen today: former Pat LeKevin Smith, Alfonso Boone, late of the Chargers, Ryan Sims, with the Buccaneers earlier this year, and Atiyyah Ellison, who played with the Chiefs.

ESPNBoston.com first reported the news of the suspension.

No wonder Deadrick never got the shoe size questions right. Maroon.

BB is not afraid to send messages to his team at any point in the season. My guess is practices will be crisp these next few days.

IF he keeps missing meeting this will be his last year as a patriot. I remember Sims the chiefs rushed to get when they the vikes took forever to make there 1st round pick

To bad. I really thougth Deaderick could play in the NFL. Not with the attitude of missing meetings, though, as a late round pick.

I wondered why he wasn't active for the last few games when the Pats were short of DLinemen.

What a moron. Pats need DLine and he skips meetings.

You know, their job ain't that f'n hard. Play football & go to meetings. No one is asking you to do a brake job, create a website or cook a steak dinner. Play football & go to meetings. If you can't handle that then you should just panhandle.
Posted via Mobile Device

Borges reporting that M. Wright concussion is very serious. Can't even watch tv. Sounds like M Savard for you hockey fans. Color me extremely worried if we have to play a team that runs the ball very well. IE Baltimore Ravens. I'm hoping we get the Jesters first. Let Baltimore and Pittsburgh slug it out another time.

Going to be critical for us to play from the lead IMO in the playoffs. Wilfork - G. Warren - K. Love doesn't bring back any memories of our T.Warren - V. Wilfork - R. Seymour troika. Not to mention M. Pryor is our only depth. Ugh.

IF he keeps missing meeting this will be his last year as a patriot. I remember Sims the chiefs rushed to get when they the vikes took forever to make there 1st round pick

He's banned from the team facilities as long as he's suspended but the Pats could bring him back anytime they want to. Deaderick is no stranger to trouble as a short bio read while at Bama will show.

If he makes it to TC next year, he will be on the shortest of leashes by BB.

He's banned from the team facilities as long as he's suspended but the Pats could bring him back anytime they want to. Deaderick is no stranger to trouble as a short bio read while at Bama will show.

If he makes it to TC next year, he will be on the shortest of leashes by BB.

So basically this could be much ado about nothing, and Belichick could simply be sending him a message by suspending him for one week and still bringing him back on Monday to start practicing for the playoff game.

(But, if it's not, kudo to you, Mr. Deaderick. You took the best job opportunity in the world--being a low-round pick on the best NFL team with the best NFL coach and the best NFL quarterback and the best NFL system for letting low-round picks shine--and you blew it like Pac-Man raining dollar bills on strippers. Your Golden Goose: you done cookeded and eated it.)

If we have an achille's heel right now, the DL is it. I don't like the report about Wright one bit and when has Ron Borges ever been wrong? Don't answer that.

The suspension of Deaderick is bad news, because while the kid isn't much of a playmaker, he is a pretty good space-eater and doesn't make a whole lot of mistakes and this means more pressure on the remaining bodies to play long minutes against teams that can run the ball effectively.

After watching #66 for the last two weeks, the only thing he is the answer to is a future trivia question about former Pats with Jewish-sounding last names. We'll have to hope Pryor's eye injury isn't serious or that could be more bad news.

I've said it before, but the best way to beat New England right now is to try to out-physical us at the LOS and keep pounding until the DL is toast which very nearly happened vs. Green Bay. Keep Brady off the field and control the clock.

Vince can't do it by himself and we are missing too many widebodies. Definitely a reason for legitimate concern.

Of the guys they are taking a look at, LeKevin has the edge due to familiarity with the system but I like Attiyah Ellison a bit. Ryans Sims doesn't look like he fits with us at all-- a one-gapper. Actually, a no-gapper.

Deaderick hasn't recorded a tackle since the Cleveland game. I understand that is partially due to scheme, as the big guys take up space, the LB's get the stats. You'd think he'd bump into a tackle or two by accident, however. This other thing: hasn't seen action in two games. That's telling, with guys being signed off the street.

http://www.fanviewpoint.com/2011/01/brandon-deaderick-suspended-by-patriots.html

If we have an achille's heel right now, the DL is it. I don't like the report about Wright one bit and when has Ron Borges ever been wrong? Don't answer that.

The suspension of Deaderick is bad news, because while the kid isn't much of a playmaker, he is a pretty good space-eater and doesn't make a whole lot of mistakes and this means more pressure on the remaining bodies to play long minutes against teams that can run the ball effectively.

After watching #66 for the last two weeks, the only thing he is the answer to is a future trivia question about former Pats with Jewish-sounding last names. We'll have to hope Pryor's eye injury isn't serious or that could be more bad news.

I've said it before, but the best way to beat New England right now is to try to out-physical us at the LOS and keep pounding until the DL is toast which very nearly happened vs. Green Bay. Keep Brady off the field and control the clock.

Vince can't do it by himself and we are missing too many widebodies. Definitely a reason for legitimate concern.

Of the guys they are taking a look at, LeKevin has the edge due to familiarity with the system but I like Attiyah Ellison a bit. Ryans Sims doesn't look like he fits with us at all-- a one-gapper. Actually, a no-gapper.

Green Bay caught NE at an even worse spot than they are now. Their version of Cohen at the time couldn't even work himself into being active, leaving a DL of Deaderick (who got hurt and missed all but 8 or so plays), Wilfork, Love (who played poor and seemed to have the flu) and Warren (who was on the injured list all week). Then they also had the advantage of a no-name QB forcing NE to play more vanilla coverage.

On top of all of that, Green Bay matches up well against NE in a way that no other AFC defense can. Even NE at their low point of the last month is good enough to hold every team but Indy under 30 and there isn't a defense in the AFC that can say the same about NE's offense.

I'm not worried in the slightest about the next round.

Back