Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your irrational hatred of Cleveland amuses me. :)

I actually feel bad for their fans.

Seriously, at least when you guys get accused of cheating you go to the Super Bowl. Thats a trade off I'm guessing most of you would make every year right?

They get caught/accused of cheating and didn't even make the playoffs. There's no silver lining there.

The league didn't care.

At all.

They want 35-31 games. Scoring = excitement. They want as much excitement as they can garner.

That's why in '09 they relented to Manning and Brady's request for teams to "break in" balls to their own satisfaction. Balls have been coming in high, low, and in between ever since. And this has only been confirmed by the haphazard manner of a playoff game inspection no less.

No, this has been the modus operandi for quite done time. Until a couple three douche waffles had a brainfart, I mean storm.

The plan had more leaks than any football though. And when all of it is exposed and revealed I have a firm belief a singular team and fanbase will be vindicated. And 2 others will be tragically humiliated and embarrassed as bad as you could imagine

I want to see heads roll, and weasels squirm.

All I ask if this has real legs is for the Ravens to be implicated. That would be the greatest payoff in this for me. Even if it can't be proved that they were, speculation would be plenty, especially if the court of public opinion weighs in on it and finds them guilty. To see this filthy, slimy, underhanded piss-poor excuse of an NFL franchise that harbors murders and attempts to shield violent domestic abusers, with the worst fan base in the league taken, down a couple pegs would be orgasmic.

Why won't the league reveal where the -2psi ball was? Was it in the hands of the Colts or not? When the whole thing broke the first thing I said was "this smells like a set up" and then "Where was Harbaugh?"

The league didn't care.

At all.

They want 35-31 games. Scoring = excitement. They want as much excitement as they can garner.

That's why in '09 they relented to Manning and Brady's request for teams to "break in" balls to their own satisfaction. Balls have been coming in high, low, and in between ever since. And this has only been confirmed by the haphazard manner of a playoff game inspection no less.

No, this has been the modus operandi for quite done time. Until a couple three douche waffles had a brainfart, I mean storm.

The plan had more leaks than any football though. And when all of it is exposed and revealed I have a firm belief a singular team and fanbase will be vindicated. And 2 others will be tragically humiliated and embarrassed as bad as you could imagine

I feel like I just heard this exact argument from the NFLN or somewhere else.

But yes, offense equals ratings. Its not exciting for a casual fan to have to sit there and watch a bunch of teams go 3 and out for 50 minutes.

The league's damage has been done. Not only does the league have this to deal with, but how do they explain all of the NFL players/employees that have been arrested within the past four days? Two current NFL players entering rehab. And, of course, "integrity of the game" scandals involving Atlanta's admission of piping in crowd noise and the alleged texting communication by the Cleveland Browns in-game. This, amid tampering between teams and a third, unnamed "integrity of the game" scandal.

Not saying that the league is to blame for all of these instances, but they've got lots of crap to account for. Goodell is in the hot seat probably now more than ever, and he seemingly no longer has the support of his #1 supporter.

I feel like I just heard this exact argument from the NFLN or somewhere else.

But yes, offense equals ratings. Its not exciting for a casual fan to have to sit there and watch a bunch of teams go 3 and out for 50 minutes.

The league's damage has been done. Not only does the league have this to deal with, but how do they explain all of the NFL players/employees that have been arrested within the past four days? Two current NFL players entering rehab. And, of course, "integrity of the game" scandals involving Atlanta's admission of piping in crowd noise and the alleged texting communication by the Cleveland Browns in-game. This, amid tampering between teams and a third, unnamed "integrity of the game" scandal.

Not saying that the league is to blame for all of these instances, but they've got lots of crap to account for. Goodell is in the hot seat probably now more than ever, and he seemingly no longer has the support of his #1 supporter.

He also looks like "Dead Man Walking".

Cheers, BostonTim

Why won't the league reveal where the -2psi ball was? Was it in the hands of the Colts or not? When the whole thing broke the first thing I said was "this smells like a set up" and then "Where was Harbaugh?"

I think we've all been asking this question for the 15 days leading up to the Super Bowl and still waiting for that answer. Something doesn't pass the smell test here

What I would love to see (and what I was surprised to learn they don't do) is that the NFL gives out the game balls and the teams can inspect each ball before the game under supervision of the officials. The teams could bring their own practice balls, but only NFL game balls can be used during games. The offense ball is one used by both teams and there could be kicking balls, etc. The main thing is that each team would use the same ball for offense, kicking, etc and not ones they brought. Sorta like the Superbowl being played on a neutral field, neutral balls agreed upon by both teams.

What I would love to see (and what I was surprised to learn they don't do) is that the NFL gives out the game balls and the teams can inspect each ball before the game under supervision of the officials. The teams could bring their own practice balls, but only NFL game balls can be used during games. The offense ball is one used by both teams and there could be kicking balls, etc. The main thing is that each team would use the same ball for offense, kicking, etc and not ones they brought. Sorta like the Superbowl being played on a neutral field, neutral balls agreed upon by both teams.

Or, you know, it could continue as is because this whole story was a bunch of garbage.

I would rally really like to know what PSI was measured on the colts balls (and the circumstances of the measuring.

If they actually measured at 13-13.5 outdoors then it would nearly impossible to argue that they're were inflated to the proper pressure indoors

Hoping for an unbiased final report with all the facts. Tired of speculation and unsupported leaks. Time to move on with this BS.

I feel like the interview where rice cops to using "illegal" stickum while accusing the patriots of cheating pretty perfectly illustrates the disconnect between people's perspective on what they do and what other people do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back