Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Vince came blazing out today...

What bothered him the most from doubters. “When they tried to say [Tom] Brady isn’t as good as he is. That’s one of the things that really pisses me off. To have the best quarterback in the game, and for people to say he isn’t who he is, it’s so freaking crazy. It bothers me. I think it bothers me more than it bothers Tom. I’ve seen this guy every day, been with him for 11 years, and I’ve seen the work he puts in. ... For people to judge that and kind of say ‘he’s losing this’, they’re out of their mind. Here’s a guy who went out and torched up the best defense on the biggest stage."

Tight-knit team. “We’re a big family. This team was one of the tightest teams I’ve played with, other than college. I think at this level, to have everybody feel the same way and have everybody geared toward the same thing, it’s harder than college. ... We played our tails off for one another.”

Jerry Rice called the Pats cheaters last wk and said our SB wins should all come with an asterisk.

Well, now Jerry Rice admitted to Jim Rome that he cheated by using stickum on his gloves.

Dated only one day before the dawn of #DeflateGate, the segment contains an admission from Hall of Fame receiver Jerry Rice that he may not have made if discussing the subject after expressing an opinion to Jim Rome that the ball-deflation controversy should place an asterisk on the latest Lombardi Trophy won by the Patriots. ‘I’m going to be point blank, I feel like it’s cheating,” Rice told Rome on January 22. “Because you have an edge up on your opponent and its unfortunate that it happened. I’m not saying the outcome of the game would have been different or anything like that because they got beat 45-7, but they still had an edge.”
In that same interview, Rice added, “I’ve played in cold weather, I know how hard the football is and you can grip the leather [if deflated] just a little bit better.”
When it comes to playing football in any conditions, the challenge becomes not only throwing it but catching it. And in the ESPN segment narrated by Jim Trotter, Rice nonchalantly made a stunning (in hindsight) confession: Rice put stickum on his gloves.
“I know this might be a little illegal, guys, but you put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky,” Rice said, laughing.
It wasn’t a little illegal, it was a lot illegal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/06/rice-admits-to-illegal-use-of-stickum/

Funny how some things are determined in the media to have legs and others are brushed aside.

It would have been a much bigger story if he said that Belichick encouraged him to use stickem.

popcorn

Jerry Rice called the Pats cheaters last wk and said our SB wins should all come with an asterisk.

Well, now Jerry Rice admitted to Jim Rome that he cheated by using stickum on his gloves.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/06/rice-admits-to-illegal-use-of-stickum/

one of the comments from this piece-

"megatronownsyou says:
Feb 6, 2015 8:45 AM

The fact that Rice admits to cheating has absolutely nothing to do with and in no way justifies the Patriots cheating. You can come up with examples all day of other players or teams cheating but those examples are irrelevant to this situation. Quit trying sugarcoat the fact that this team cheated and has a known of history of cheating by comparing this situation to other, non comparable, situations."

...I don't have words for this bit of hysterical delusion. I don't hear anybody screaming about how the 49ers cheated and their championships should have asterisks. It's the hypocrisy that kills me with this stuff.

We keep hearing shit like S!P!Y!G!A!T!E! will live forever, but you never hear about the Donkeys flagrant manipulation of the salary cap when they won their SBs, or any of the other myriad of examples of teams playing fast and loose with the rules.

I'm beyond all of it, and really enjoy it when fans of loser, douchebag teams scream CHEATERZ!!1!! at the Patriots, especially those that like to feign the moral high ground. popcorn

one of the comments from this piece-

"megatronownsyou says:
Feb 6, 2015 8:45 AM

The fact that Rice admits to cheating has absolutely nothing to do with and in no way justifies the Patriots cheating. You can come up with examples all day of other players or teams cheating but those examples are irrelevant to this situation. Quit trying sugarcoat the fact that this team cheated and has a known of history of cheating by comparing this situation to other, non comparable, situations."

...I don't have words for this bit of hysterical delusion. I don't hear anybody screaming about how the 49ers cheated and their championships should have asterisks. It's the hypocrisy that kills me with this stuff.

We keep hearing shit like S!P!Y!G!A!T!E! will live forever, but you never hear about the Donkeys flagrant manipulation of the salary cap when they won their SBs, or any of the other myriad of examples of teams playing fast and loose with the rules.

I'm beyond all of it, and really enjoy it when fans of loser, douchebag teams scream CHEATERZ!!1!! at the Patriots, especially those that like to feign the moral high ground. popcorn

My fear?

Goodells final report is gonna be some 57 page schpiel of diareah that NOBODY clicks and reads thoroughly.

He needs to put out a page long bullet point synopsis that points out all the disparaging parties that colluded in this and all the facts about the air pressures and lack of recorded readings.

Goodell played cameragate videos behind him while he gave his presser on it and everyone thinks the public never saw the tapes. It's futile.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset">Dated only one day before the dawn of #DeflateGate, the segment contains an admission from Hall of Fame receiver Jerry Rice that he may not have made if discussing the subject after expressing an opinion to Jim Rome that the ball-deflation controversy should place an asterisk on the latest Lombardi Trophy won by the Patriots. ‘I’m going to be point blank, I feel like it’s cheating,” Rice told Rome on January 22. “Because you have an edge up on your opponent and its unfortunate that it happened. I’m not saying the outcome of the game would have been different or anything like that because they got beat 45-7, but they still had an edge.”
In that same interview, Rice added, “I’ve played in cold weather, I know how hard the football is and you can grip the leather [if deflated] just a little bit better.”
When it comes to playing football in any conditions, the challenge becomes not only throwing it but catching it. And in the ESPN segment narrated by Jim Trotter, Rice nonchalantly made a stunning (in hindsight) confession: Rice put stickum on his gloves.
“I know this might be a little illegal, guys, but you put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky,” Rice said, laughing.
It wasn’t a little illegal, it was a lot illegal. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

****ing hypocrite. He's a cheater and admitted to it but that's ok, he's Jerry Freakin Rice!!

Goodell played cameragate videos behind him while he gave his presser on it and everyone thinks the public never saw the tapes. It's futile.

Because for some insane reason they don't explain that. Thoroughly. Repeatedly. So the doubters only know what has the most play.

I don't get it.

If Roger Dodger had given the video's to you-tube then the haters would say he held back the damning ones.

This is a case of conviction by innuendo. I am convinced you did it and I will ignore any evidence to the contrary. It's like arguing with a "truther".

Tom Curran tried to participate in the #AskMayo on Twitter today, and here's the response he got from the Patriots Twitter acct:

New England Patriots ‏@Patriots 2m2 minutes ago
@tomecurran He already left...but he did mention that he used to like Quick Slants before it went downhill this year...

Because for some insane reason they don't explain that. Thoroughly. Repeatedly. So the doubters only know what has the most play.

I don't get it.

You have to remember that it probably causes most people physical pain to actually form a thought. Group-think and herd mentality are much easier...especially if the team you root for blows and gets OWNED:yay2: every time they play the Pats.

We all miss Mary Paoletti. :(

I've never liked Curran's on-air schtick on Quick Slants, it reminds me of Stuart Scott mixed with a little Jim Rome. But I like his reporting.

Mary Paoletti was great (and very easy on the eyes). But Curran's current sidekick, Kay Adams, is mega-hot. drool

Anyone know anything about Schefter supposedly reporting on WEEI that some league officials legitimately believe that Indianapolis tampered with the intercepted football?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back