Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if the temps changed even slightly, tire pressure changes (might not be so noticeable in tires, not sure about footballs). Not saying this happened, but in the words of mythbusters, plausible. Not even making excuses for my team either, they were flat out outplayed (what 10 plus years of NFL playing time and a good team gets you). My team will get to that point, it takes time. As long as Luck learns from Manning and Brady about his contract, the Colts will be fine.

Also regarding weather, the Colts practiced outside this past week, so they might not have played in the cold that often recently, but they have practiced in it.

Its a joke darlink! :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w24Xd8fVlTU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yet, the NFL has confirmed the investigation.

Folks, we all watched the same game. The Pats didn't need any help beating the Colts asses yesterday.

If the investigation finds them guilty, it's just sad. Sad that they either a) felt they needed an advantage or b) just felt they were above the rules.

I don't know if they're guilty. I don't care much, won't change the outcome of the game.

But y'all are just shooting the messenger.
Posted via Mobile Device

LOL, nobody cares. For real.

Found this on Facebook, lol.

Belichick_Weigh.jpg

I'm still wondering if barometric pressure or other weather conditions can affect the ball. Anybody?

Absolutely. If the balls are inflated at 70 degrees and moved to 35 degrees, the degrease in temp. directly relates to a decrease in pressure (PV=NRT.) Both teams would be playing with the same balls and either QB could have a ball checked. The ball likely had a small defect. That, or 1500 pounds landing on it after the O-line pig piled Solder after his TD squeezed it beyond its design parameters. Maybe a Gronk spike finally broke a ball.

Also, fvck all the haters!

Absolutely. If the balls are inflated at 70 degrees and moved to 35 degrees, the degrease in temp. directly relates to a decrease in pressure (PV=NRT.) Both teams would be playing with the same balls and either QB could have a ball checked. The ball likely had a small defect. That, or 1500 pounds landing on it after the O-line pig piled Solder after his TD squeezed it beyond its design parameters. Maybe a Gronk spike finally broke a ball.

Also, fvck all the haters!

Thanks. So if they found a ball had somewhat deflated, there's no real way to determining whether or not it was tampered with or weather conditions affected it, I'm guessing. Unless there's a pinhole or something in the ball.

The National Anthem in the Seahawks-Packers game was sung by Katherine McPhee. drool

We got the guy from Train. :(

They should investigate that! It's enough to give someone deflated balls. :grumpy:

Thanks. So if they found a ball had somewhat deflated, there's no real way to determing whether or not it was tampered with or weather conditions affected it, I'm guessing. Unless there's a pinhole or something in the ball.

The NFL will probably inflate it fully to find the leak. When they do, they will be in contact with the manufacturer to figure out what caused it and how to increase their quality control to prevent it in the future. Much ado about nothing, IMO, but haterz and shit.

EDIT: Also, there are cameras every fvcking where. If the refs are in charge of the balls, it should be easy to see BB going into the box with a pin.

Thanks. So if they found a ball had somewhat deflated, there's no real way to determing whether or not it was tampered with or weather conditions affected it, I'm guessing. Unless there's a pinhole or something in the ball.

Plus, how can they prove which team deflated it?

The National Anthem in the Seahawks-Packers game was sung by Katherine McPhee. drool

We got the guy from Train. :(

They should investigate that! It's enough to give someone deflated balls. :grumpy:

Dude I like her but she was TURRIBLE.

Simply inflate it to it's correct PSI and wait. If it deflates it's defective. If it doesn't it's not.

Dean Blandino Speaks on Investigation

NFL.com also reporting that NFL spokesman Michael Signora stated that "Midway through the game a ball was taken off the field and out of circulation." One ball.

I may be a homer, but I fail to see how that's on the Pats, even less so how it's possible to prove it. It can't be the first time a ball has been removed from a game for being underinflated.

Personally, I'm in favour of any stories that will put another chip on the shoulder of this team and really stoke up the siege mentality. I'd like to see them go to Arizona and opt out of all media duties as a result of this.

If it's what I remember, it was the PATS that pointed out the "bad" ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back