Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm supporting my team 100% regardless of the outcome of this BS

1- MANY former and current NFL players have said ALL TEAMS "TAMPER" with the footballs

2- It has no impact on the game

3- WE TALKIN BOUT AIR PRESSURE, MAN. NOT THE GAME.

They hate us cuz they aint us. Jealous, irrational HATERS

They can't compete, so NE's a cheat!!! :cuss:

Why there at least now 4 different threads on the deflated balls.

Thanks for negative repping me on account of your ignorance, but ballboys are employees of the TEAM, not the league.

This is what ESPN had to say about who the Ball Attendants work for.

Who are the ball boys?

In most cases, they are game-day employees identified and vetted by teams but paid by the NFL. In some cases, they can be sons or daughters of prominent team employees, but in recent years, teams have been moving away from using teenaged staff. Ball boys work both home and road games, often doubling as assistants to the equipment staff.

I don't know how the Patriots do it, but "most" are employees of the NFL.

I still find it very interesting that there is still ZERO that I can find on this whole situation on NFL.com

There's a really good case to be made that BB didn't even know about this happening but Brady probably would have since he's the one throwing the ball and might have told the equipment guy to deflate it. Not sure you can pin this one on BB. They'll probably fine the team but what else would they do? Suspend Brady for the SB? Not happening.
It is the teams responsibility to keep the balls after they have been inspected/approved by the officials before the game.
The team is basically on the honor system not to tamper with them after they have been approved.

If the Pats had initially submitted under infflated balls before the game, and they had been approved by the officials, this would not have been a big deal.
I think that's what Rogers was saying when he said the Packers submit balls that are inflated to the max,(or over the max) and the officials deflate them if they are over.

The information coming out today is disturbing.
If the officials did indeed inspect the balls prior to the game and fond them within tolerance, either the weather was responsible, or the balls were tampered with after they had been returned to the Patriots.
The fact that the Indy balls remained within tolerance seems to rule out the weather factor.
I am hoping that something comes out that would support an alternative explanation.
But, frankly, I am not hopeful at this point.
If the balls were tampered with while they were in the team's possession, I think this is a very serious offense.
Any Pats' fan who thinks they will get off with a fine or a slap on the wrist is delusional.
This incident would have a major negative impact on the league's showpiece event. Fans and neutral observers will RIGHTLY claim that there are serious doubts to the legitimacy of one of the teams.
Given the team's prior history, no one would be satisfied by simply taking away a first round pick.

I think it would be something along the lines of loss of a first round pick and something else big...such as a 1 year suspension of Belichick, or a 1 year ban from post season play. Or even losing the right to host any playoff games at Gillette next season.
I am holding onto hope until all the facts are out.
But, at this point I am ANGRY,BRO at this team. Disgusted.
I have been a Pats Fan for half a century.
They have given me an incredible amount of drama and thrills, especially since 2001.
I am giving serious consideration to jumping off the bandwagon and renouncing my fanhood even as they prepare for the Super Bowl
I am tired of defending their cheating.
Mainly because I feel they have cheated ME, as a fan.
They have made a mockery of fair competition, and this hurts the entire NFL

I believe Gerry Austin said as much on either EEI or M&M. I read this on another forum, I'll dig for a link in the meantime.

Don't bother looking for the link.

The NFL has not said whether the Colts' balls were tested. Nobody can get an answer to that question. I have personally spoken with three people that are LEGITIMATE reporters that have been trying to get an answer.

Why it's important is because if the Colts' balls were tested at halftime and the psi was approximately the same, then it's clear that atmospheric or barometric pressure and temps caused a universal decrease. If they didn't gauge the Colts' balls, there's no way to determine whether there was funny business or sabotage or rule infraction. There's nothing to compare it to.

The NFL "leak" is doing horrific harm at this point, and our coach and QB are suffering irreparable damage.

Period.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vd3D2gsPUR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ROFL

I was just going to post that, and furthermore, not even a snippet on NFLN
Only ESPN has been reporting there pure hatred of the pats on this. I'm so glad I have the NFL network. Can hear about football . Not how much the media hates The pats.

11 of 12 because one was given away after the TD run by Blount.

so it is all on the ref crew for being on the take from Tim Donaghy!!

DKM wrote:

.....Mainly because I feel they have cheated ME, as a fan.
They have made a mockery of fair competition, and this hurts the entire NFL

I wonder about all the pain meds handed out like candy. Especially this time of year. What would happen if one team received a placebo and the other players on the opposing team a bit more pain medication before a game? The team with the placebos will feel more of the hits and be a bit slower......?See where I'm going with this?

I think fair competition has left the building a long time ago.

Does Irsay have any kids? :coffee:
here is one and admit you would

jim-irsay-casey-irsay.jpg

The first reference all day on NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-zimmer-the-balls-didnt-affect-afc-title-game

Consider Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer unmoved by the league's investigation into the New England Patriots and whether they overly-deflated footballs in last Sunday's title game win over the Colts.

"I think it was like 41-7, right?" Zimmer said Wednesday morning before a Senior Bowl practice in Mobile, Alabama. "I don't think the balls had a lot to do with it."

Also, on another site, this quote:

WSJ Reporter Kevin Clark at Senior Bowl reporting NFL Head Coaches present seem "absolutely offended people think this is a big deal."

This is what ESPN had to say about who the Ball Attendants work for.

I don't know how the Patriots do it, but "most" are employees of the NFL.

Florio says otherwise here.

The ball attendant becomes a key figure in any investigation regarding ball inflation because the ball attendant is an employee not of the league but of the team.

Yahoo says otherwise here.

Even if the footballs used by the Patriots were checked and approved prior to the game, they could conceivably be doctored and deflated during the game. The home team is responsible for providing sideline attendants who supply the refs with balls as on-field action dictates.

NY Times says otherwise here.

Once the referee makes sure the footballs are properly inflated, they're delivered to ball attendants provided by the home team.

NFL rulebook is here, certainly implies it is the home team's responsibility to furnish ball attendants..

Note: It is the responsibility of the home team to furnish playable balls at all times by attendants from either side
of the playing field.

Don't bother looking for the link.

The NFL has not said whether the Colts' balls were tested. Nobody can get an answer to that question. I have personally spoken with three people that are LEGITIMATE reporters that have been trying to get an answer.

Why it's important is because if the Colts' balls were tested at halftime and the psi was approximately the same, then it's clear that atmospheric or barometric pressure and temps caused a universal decrease. If they didn't gauge the Colts' balls, there's no way to determine whether there was funny business or sabotage or rule infraction. There's nothing to compare it to.

The NFL "leak" is doing horrific harm at this point, and our coach and QB are suffering irreparable damage.

Period.

Unless, of course, the league has all they need to slam this one away in which case, the fn prick Godell, probably loves what's happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back