Dion Lewis Update

He ran the whole playbook.

Not a dumbed down version. The whole thing.

He didn't vs Arizona. He did moreso vs the Fins for a quarter and a half and looked great.

I know everyone is high on Lewis, but I still don't think he's a sure thing. His body of work is small. He hardly played for the Eagles, and only played 7 games for us last year before he got hurt. He showed some excellent stuff in those 7 games, but is that sample size big enough? Everyone acts like he an All Pro. He still has to prove it to me. And then can he stay on the field.

Consider this exhibit A.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1ch1mmhSSCg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TV broadcast version here (Can't embed that one)

What is Deja Vu...other than a strip club in Indiana? :coffee:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ks_UHmaZcSg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Duh

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z_KmNZNT5xw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Need to see more from Lewis??? The guy was a human highlight reel for 7 games last year.

Need to see more from Lewis??? The guy was a human highlight reel for 7 games last year.

This is the reason why you shouldn't use him as a full on starter...unless you want 7 games a year from him...he's like...Edelman when he was young (made outta glass). :coffee:

This is the reason why you shouldn't use him as a full on starter...unless you want 7 games a year from him...he's like...Edelman when he was young (made outta glass). :coffee:

He's far and away the best RB on the roster. He's a 3-down back, the only one on the roster (unless you count Bolden).

It's football. You can't play guys like you're scared they're going to get hurt.

He's far and away the best RB on the roster. He's a 3-down back, the only one on the roster (unless you count Bolden).

It's football. You can't play guys like you're scared they're going to get hurt.

You can limit their reps though...spread out the risk a bit.

Limiting him to 3rd downs is stupid. Especially when he's your best back on 1st and 2nd down, as well as your best pass blocker.

Yep. As I said that Bills says, "Football players play football."

Bill says "probably not" when asked if Lewis would return to practice this week.

Is there any rush to bring Lewis back? I'd say no. With this in mind, a strong case could probably be made to bring him back in time to get his legs under him for the playoffs.

Is there any rush to bring Lewis back? I'd say no. With this in mind, a strong case could probably be made to bring him back in time to get his legs under him for the playoffs.

Not a rush, but they're better with him.

While White has been better, Lewis is simply more skilled.

He ran the whole playbook.

Not a dumbed down version. The whole thing.

My post was about what happens after coaches get enough video on a player (often it takes 4 games worth), and can determine things like: whether they are better (or worse) at certain types of throws, how best to defend against them, what type of plays are the key ones to defend well (and make him do something else).

Some QBs play well in their first appearance, but after a few games, they can be less effective, as teams figure them out.

Bill says "probably not" when asked if Lewis would return to practice this week.

Some of it could be strategery at this point, of course. The clock for putting him on the active rosters starts when he practices for the first time.

Dunno. I do know that if they're going to win a Super Bowl, they'll have a lot easier time if he's there.

Some of it could be strategery at this point, of course. The clock for putting him on the active rosters starts when he practices for the first time.

Dunno. I do know that if they're going to win a Super Bowl, they'll have a lot easier time if he's there.

Truth ^

Back