Dion Lewis Update

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko
Great news from @MikeReiss on Dion Lewis this morning. His clean up surgery has gone great and he'll be back on the field soon.
7:00 AM - 2 Oct 2016

:clap:

Preseason is ovah...finally!

Mike Loyko @NEPD_Loyko
Great news from @MikeReiss on Dion Lewis this morning. His clean up surgery has gone great and he'll be back on the field soon.
7:00 AM - 2 Oct 2016

:clap:

Preseason is ovah...finally!

Soon as in this weekend or soon as in by Week 10?

When I was a kid "soon" took forever.

He can begin participating in team practices after the team's week 6. They then have 3 weeks to either activate him or place him on IR.

To clarify: he has a 3-week-window to begin practicing and once he begins practicing they have another 3-week-window to activate him. So he could return anytime between week 7 and week 13 (or not at all of course).

I completely forget about Lewis sometimes because it feels like an eternity since he's been on the field with this offense.

Man, if Gronk can wake the **** up and Lewis is back in a few weeks + the return of TFB ... gonna be fun to watch!

Save him for Seattle. Maybe a few snaps before the bye. Would be nice to have him for the playoffs.

Our bye is week 9. I would bet Lewis comes back after that.

To clarify: he has a 3-week-window to begin practicing and once he begins practicing they have another 3-week-window to activate him. So he could return anytime between week 7 and week 13 (or not at all of course).

I thought it was a six week window, after week six, to start practicing.

Once a player starts practicing, the 3 week window starts

I completely forget about Lewis sometimes because it feels like an eternity since he's been on the field with this offense.

Man, if Gronk can wake the **** up and Lewis is back in a few weeks + the return of TFB ... gonna be fun to watch!

That is quite pleasant to think about isn't it?

It could be argued that all 4 of Lewis, Gronk, Bennett and Edelman could possibly require a double team. Imagine what that would mean for someone like 7-11 (Hogan) who is known to be always open? :party:

I thought it was a six week window, after week six, to start practicing.

Once a player starts practicing, the 3 week window starts

My bad, it used to be 3 weeks. They changed that a few years ago. So now they have until the day after week 11 to begin practicing, then 3 weeks to activate.

Per PUP rules...
The earliest Lewis can return to practice: Monday, October 17
The latest Lewis can begin practicing: Tuesday, November 22
The earliest Lewis can make his 2016 debut: Week 7 versus Pittsburgh
The latest Lewis can make his 2016 debut: Week 14 versus Baltimore
Once a PUP player begins practicing, he can remain on the PUP list for a period not exceeding 21 calendar days. So if Lewis practices on Nov. 22, the latest he can be activated is Monday, December 12, when the Pats host the Ravens on Monday Night Football.
As steady as James White has been, Lewis obviously adds a new dimension to the Patriots offense, which already has a nice stable of playmakers in Rob Gronkowski, Julian Edelman, Martellus Bennett, White, Chris Hogan, and Danny Amendola.
As we saw with Gronkowski's hamstring issue, the Patriots will be patient in bringing back injured players, especially if they continue to cruise through the regular season.
While it's impossible to predict injuries, the Pats want to give themselves the best chance to be healthy heading into the playoffs. They certainly do not want a repeat of 2015, when the league's best team was wrecked by injuries late in the year.
For this reason, it wouldn't be a surprise to see the Patriots proceed cautiously with Lewis.

http://blog.masslive.com/patriots/2016/10/dion_lewis_injury_update_new_e.html#incart_river_index

I really like what I've seen from White this year. Big step forward IMO. Looks more dynamic, doesn't go down quite as easily, and is running much harder.

Lewis is still an upgrade and I'm excited to see him back on the field, but I think White is more than adequate as a replacement so there's certainly no rush to get him back. JMO.

I really like what I've seen from White this year. Big step forward IMO. Looks more dynamic, doesn't go down quite as easily, and is running much harder.

Lewis is still an upgrade and I'm excited to see him back on the field, but I think White is more than adequate as a replacement so there's certainly no rush to get him back. JMO.

White has been doing fairly decent this year...imo.

Doubtful Lewis will ever stay on the field.

That has been his issue his entire career. I have faith that perhaps Bill/Josh can manage his game time when he does return so we get something from him in the post-season. I would like to see him split time with White who is a decent back. That way we get Lewis and his explosiveness but save the wear and tear.

That has been his issue his entire career. I have faith that perhaps Bill/Josh can manage his game time when he does return so we get something from him in the post-season. I would like to see him split time with White who is a decent back. That way we get Lewis and his explosiveness but save the wear and tear.

A good idea.

Back