Dish network sucks

Mr NFLfan

Reaction score
I live where the men are men and the sheep are ner
CBS has pulled its service from dish. Dish is the worst at negotiations cause their cheap fvckers. ABC was pulled about a year ago and it took dish over 3 months to return the service. No CBS no patriots on sunday..this sucks.

:shoot: Dish network

CBS has pulled its service from dish. Dish is the worst at negotiations cause their cheap fvckers. ABC was pulled about a year ago and it took dish over 3 months to return the service. No CBS no patriots on sunday..this sucks.

You could always buy an antenna.

This site has a widget where you can enter your zip code and it will tell you what over-the-air stations you should be able to receive.

I have dish and I don't blame them one bit. CBS is greedy and it was their choice to black out the channels, not Dish.

In the mean time, Dish is offering free OTA antennae installation during this. What they point out here is if you can get all your locals OTA, most main Dish receivers have a tuner, meaning you can seamlessly integrate the OTA locals into your guide AND use the DVR on them.

Dish then encourages you to stop paying them for your locals, saving you $10 a month AND denying that money to these networks for their FREE channels.

Anyway, I'll be calling them today to see if I qualify for the antennae. In the mean time, I signed up for a free trial of Hulu Live to get the Boston locals for football.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Oh well, called DISH, not eligible for the antennae - not really surprised, considering the distance - I would need a serious outdoor antennae to have a shot, and even then it wouldn't be guaranteed.

It may still be an option for me at some point if I want to spend the money to buy it myself, and then either get really scary on the roof, or pay to have someone do it. If it works, at $10 a month to DISH, it would eventually pay for itself. The biggest reason I have not invested the money though is it may not work.

I'll continue with Hulu Live for now. Now way am I paying those assholes at CBS for All Access. (even though I am still indirectly paying them through Hulu).

I have FIOS...sorry to hear about your loss.

All carriers go through this as the content providers want more and more money in a market with increasing choices. The carriers are forced to pass off this increase in cost to the consumer. Consumers look at their cable bill and wonder why they are paying so much for all this crap, causing more and more to "cut the cord."

You can save some money currently cutting the cord, but if you want to stay 100% legal and pay for streaming providers, they are running into some of the same issues. There are not too many channels that are independent. In order to grant rebroadcast rights, these corporations force the providers to take ALL of their channels AND pay for them. It is why everything is bundled.

Hulu, SlingTV, VUE, DirectTV Now, YouTube Red - they all will sell skinny bundles, but they are still bundles, forcing you to get channels that would go out of business if they were forced to stand on their own.

That is what this CBS - DISH dispute is about. CBS raising prices, while wanting to force DISH to carry AND pay for channels like the Smithsonian channel.

We the consumer need true a la carte choice, and let the free market send much of this crap out of business. Until we do, legit services will keep raising prices, and more people will look for alternatives, including pirating and "grey" services.

NBC did this with DirecTV this year as well. It's not Dish and it's not DirecTV that cause this. It's the local affiliates.

The NBC affiliate was trying to increase their re-transmission fees by 400%.

I recommend getting a Mohu Leaf antenna for when they pull this garbage. Mine has provided a perfect HD signal the three times my local NBC affiliate tried to gouge DirecTV.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RFLXE0A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Been using this for over 2 years, works great, gives me 30-something channels at my location.

I get all the network stations. One time buy. Works great. 100% free TV...like the Good Ol Days.

If you do get it, try locating it in different places, and with and without the amplifier. I actually get better reception without the amplifier. Couldn't tell you why....just letting you know up front.

Incidentally, the picture I get is better than I do with Sling TV or when I had cable. It's actual HD....I couldn't believe it.

EDIT: Wait...isn't CBS the one that put the new Star Trek in a paywall? F*ck CBS.

I get CBS, FOX and NBC over the air on my attennae here, so I get to watch the Pats at home when it is a national broadcast. I cut the cord about 5 years ago after moving to Virginia. Sports bars with Direct TV and the internet allow me to see the rest of the Pats games. I’m proud to say that I have not missed one Pats game since I moved down here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RFLXE0A/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Been using this for over 2 years, works great, gives me 30-something channels at my location.

I get all the network stations. One time buy. Works great. 100% free TV...like the Good Ol Days.

If you do get it, try locating it in different places, and with and without the amplifier. I actually get better reception without the amplifier. Couldn't tell you why....just letting you know up front.

Incidentally, the picture I get is better than I do with Sling TV or when I had cable. It's actual HD....I couldn't believe it.

EDIT: Wait...isn't CBS the one that put the new Star Trek in a paywall? F*ck CBS.

I got mine free with the OBAMA Coupon converter box and a $9.99 antenna like this:

image_TVA36-500x500.jpg

and I get over 40 channels both home and Camping.

I did a lot of research today and unfortunately do not live close enough to Boston to make an antennae solution feasible.

I did a lot of research today and unfortunately do not live close enough to Boston to make an antennae solution feasible.

Same here. Up here in NH I don't believe your going to find a antenna that will
pick up OTA signals. Been here all my life and we go nada until local cable was
built. I don't know who to blame for this shit but I do know that my dish bill went up a few months ago and at over $100 with the hopper and other extras
they aren't exactly cheap with their rates. Last year no ABC for 3+ months but never got any reduction in the bill while all that BS went on and I expect dish will pocket the money that CBS was getting just like last year.

Same here. Up here in NH I don't believe your going to find a antenna that will
pick up OTA signals. Been here all my life and we go nada until local cable was
built. I don't know who to blame for this shit but I do know that my dish bill went up a few months ago and at over $100 with the hopper and other extras
they aren't exactly cheap with their rates. Last year no ABC for 3+ months but never got any reduction in the bill while all that BS went on and I expect dish will pocket the money that CBS was getting just like last year.

How far north in NH are you?

Huh.

Guess I pulled the trigger too quickly with Hulu Live. Oh well, not a bad service.

Back