Do you have an "assigned" parking space at work?

Do you have an "assigned" parking space at work?

• Yes, I either actually have a space assigned to me, or I like to claim the same one everyday.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No, I don't care where I park.

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Yes, I work from home.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • I park wherever Thomas144 directs me to in order to make a quick getaway from the rampaging zombies.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I think some of this may be a function of how early you get to work compared to the people you work with, and assumes you work in an office, but do you like to have the same parking spot everyday or do you just park in the first available?

I like the same spot every day and probably get it 8/10 times, and am actually a little upset when someone takes "my" spot.

Poll forthcoming.

Nope, I park where I can due to not enough parking spots for everyone. Even if it isn't an actual spot.

I live at my work (private boarding school). I do have an assigned parking space for my dorm , which I requested due to losing my spots too often during athletic events in campus.
I am moving to a much larger house on campus on Monday, though, and have my own private driveway.

Don't drive to work (or really much at all), but no one in my office as assigned parking, not even the Managing Partner.

SSDD

Before I retired 2 years ago, yes, I had an assigned space. But I didn't like the spot they gave me, so I parked elsewhere out in the boonies of the lot. :)

I work from home. So I can park where ever. I travel a lot now so really my truck is not around much.

I'm one of the first ones in the building, so I've been parking in the same spot for years.

Right hand spot of the garage. Also, left hand spot. Wife parks in the middle.

Teachers and students have assigned spots at my school.

Tags must be displayed on the rear view mirror or cars will be towed.

I find it hysterical that they are sticklers about this and kids can skip class with no punishment (most times)

Teachers and students have assigned spots at my school.

Tags must be displayed on the rear view mirror or cars will be towed.

I find it hysterical that they are sticklers about this and kids can skip class with no punishment (most times)
that will change, soon only teachers will be punished, Student Parking Spaces Matter.

I think some of this may be a function of how early you get to work compared to the people you work with, and assumes you work in an office, but do you like to have the same parking spot everyday or do you just park in the first available?

Those were the good old day. When I owned the parking spaces (all 4). :dbanana:

Cheers, BostonTim

You work in Southie? Do you use a space saver?

:coffee:
no, I am on the Same road as Gillette but these guys remember when I wore a locked dog collar and think I am freaking nuts. :shrug_n:

truth is my profession is full of OCD types and they need to be in the same spot everyday. We own the building so my company has a smaller lot next to our entrance and we all just seem to self assign a spot.

no, I am on the Same road as Gillette but these guys remember when I wore a locked dog collar and think I am freaking nuts. :shrug_n:

Whatever made them ... :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim

that will change, soon only teachers will be punished, Student Parking Spaces Matter.

Our seniors have the option to go on Internships starting May 15 and running through the end of the school year. Usually about 250 of them take advantage of this program.

You should see the line of Juniors waiting to get those parking spaces. It's like a bunch of barracudas feeding on a helpless tourist.

It's like a bunch of barracudas feeding on a helpless tourist.

In yesteryear, diving in the Caymans and Bonaire, I would occaionally find a barracuda hanging right next to and behind me in my blind spot (never multiple, but very unsettling nevertheless).

Back