Don't you miss ...........

Pneumonic

Reaction score
........ the days when it seemed like no matter who the Pats stuck on defense they blended in perfectly and played well and no matter who Brady had lining up as WR he and that player were able to synch up no problemo.

What the hell happened along the way?

It's called....we suck.

Disclaimer--
I am drunk please do not take anything I say seriously until 11/8/2011 around 11am

........ the days when it seemed like no matter who the Pats stuck on defense they blended in perfectly and played well and no matter who Brady had lining up as WR he and that player were able to synch up no problemo.

What the hell happened along the way?

Giselle happened....

It's called Patriots. :coffee:

It's called...veterans retiring and failed draft picks

Decline in coaching quality around BB.

Awful draft picks, especially on D.

Bad personnel decisions.

Despite luck with Moss, numerous FA busts (hi Ocho).

Reliant on offensive production 99% of games.

In reality, I'm not really sure. It's a combination of things I suppose, but TB and BB have certainly lost their auras of invincibility. That doesn't anger me, because it was bound to happen at some point. But it does bother me to see a HOF QB and tandem show up so unprepared to so many games over the past few seasons. To have the same problems (offensively and defensively) lose the team games over and over during the past few seasons. To see Brady's prime years wash away due to poor drafting, poor personnel decision, poor game-planning, and poor execution.

I hope BB finds an answer... quick!

Decline in coaching quality around BB.

Awful draft picks, especially on D.

Bad personnel decisions.

Despite luck with Moss, numerous FA busts (hi Ocho).

Reliant on offensive production 99% of games.

In reality, I'm not really sure. It's a combination of things I suppose, but TB and BB have certainly lost their auras of invincibility. That doesn't anger me, because it was bound to happen at some point. But it does bother me to see a HOF QB and tandem show up so unprepared to so many games over the past few seasons. To have the same problems (offensively and defensively) lose the team games over and over during the past few seasons. To see Brady's prime years wash away due to poor drafting, poor personnel decision, poor game-planning, and poor execution.

I hope BB finds an answer... quick!

Spot on.

Why this team seemed to go in a different direction than the well honed teams of the early 2000's is baffling.

Instead of smart, tough, true football situation players we seemed to adopt the Indy-style all glitz, high powered offense, let the QB carry the team attitude.

Sure its had it's highs. But with that are the inevitable crushing lows that a team almost always built around a high powered Offense experiences.

He's got about another year. Maybe two. But this off-season the Defense needs a top-to-bottom overhaul not unlike the purge the 2006 Offense experienced.

Find your soul-mate as far as a Defensive philosophy Bill. There's gotta be at least 1 guy walking the planet interested in a life of coaching footyball that sees the game and its concepts thru if not the same remarkably similar lenses.

And you HAVE to delegate the personnel end of things. These DB selections have absolutely crushed what should have been a record dynasty.

What happened is that we have selective memory. The Pats were 5-5 our magical season. They had issues in 2003 and 2004. Many games could have gone either way with the bounce of the ball.

What happened is that we have all become ESPN talking heads. Our future is how we played our last game.

14-2 last year is irrelevant. The Pats lost two games in a row so they totally suck, have been bad for years, and have no future. (Had we won those two games and were 7-1 we would be invincible and the best in the history of the NFL. Funny how only two games bring their history and their future from worst to first.)

Curran said it on Quick Slants Thursday when we were 5-2. Most teams would love that record. Most beat writers would love to cover a team with that record. Most fans would love to have a team with that record. But we are New England, and do not expect and will not accept anything less than the best.

What happened is expectations. We even cry when we win because we expected to dominate and cannot abide a game that is competitive. Go back and check the archives. After the Dallas win there was more bitching than celebrating. Giants fans are happy with their win. We would not be happy had the Pats pulled it out. We might not be on the ledge ready to jump as we are now, but we wouldn't be celebrating a win, either.

In 2001 we were 5-5 on the way to a magnificient season. Today we are 5-3 and our team sucks so badly we are in turmoil.

Face it, the trolls are right. We have become bandwagon fans.

I can't even put into words how disappointed I am in this team. Yeah, we knew the D wasn't going to be any good, but they look predictable and sloppy on offense 2 straight weeks.

I am disgusted.

Does anyone else get the sense from watching Belichick's and Brady's post-game news conferences that they are kind of giving up on the team? Like they are resigned to not being good enough this year?

Does anyone else get the sense from watching Belichick's and Brady's post-game news conferences that they are kind of giving up on the team? Like they are resigned to not being good enough this year?

I didn't watch either, what gives you that impression?

something about the way they were resigned to giving the Giants credit for winning the game. they both usually seem more pissed off after a loss. maybe because it's two losses in a row.

I'm right there with you. Them giving the Giants credit for winning a game that the Giants won just seemed... I don't know... unexpected... to me. Odd, to say the least. :coffee:

During a lot of disappointing moments this season I keep thinking back to the scene in BB's 'A Football Life' episode, in which he says he just can't get the team to do what he wants.

I hope he doesn't feel like that again (because it doesn't bode well for long-term success), but this team obviously isn't playing to its potential at all.

I'm right there with you. Them giving the Giants credit for winning a game that the Giants won just seemed... I don't know... unexpected... to me. Odd, to say the least. :coffee:

Well...it was a choice of either giving them credit or admitting we sucked. Giving credit seems logical otherwise finger pointing would ensue.

Back