Easley the most overlooked prospect in 2014 draft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJmnjnvl998#t=505

WOW. This kid is special. If he was healthy he'd have been a top-10 pick. Assuming health, he'll be better than Donald and that's saying a lot, because Donald is really good. I'm in love with this guy already. Will transform the interior of our defensive line. I'll cross my fingers that his knees hold up.

Peter King <S>@</S>SI_PeterKing <SMALL class=time>3h </SMALL>
Belichick and Florida. A marriage made in draft mediocrity.

I really want Easley to make this clueless fatass look like the Peter Griffin that he is.

I'm happy with the Easley pick. Many draft sites had discounted him based on his 2 ACL injuries and he still scored as high as 26th with negative scores for health. The Pats' medical team went over him and his medical records thoroughly. His knee cartilage is the key since ACL repairs today give players stronger ACL function than they had previous to the injury. Obviously, his cartilage checked out just fine. Bright side --> no games missed for ACL ruptures in his future.

Dr. James Andrews performed his most recent ACL surgery on Oct. 24, 2013. Andrews has said Easley is ready to play football this year and can be on field in pads by mid-summer.

One prominent site gives Easley an 8.34 tape grade score and that same site gave Donald an 8.18 score. Clowney received an 8.43 and Mack received an 8.38. No interior D lineman score higher than Easley.

In better format:
1. Clowney....8.43
2. Mack.........8.38
3. Watkins.....8.38
4. Easley.......8.34
5. Mike Evans. 8.29

4th best tape grade score in the draft. BB did his homework.

http://draftmetric.com/2014-prospect-risk-analysis-metric/

Easley carries a huge risk, but the reward is well worth it. If he can stay healthy, Easley will make teams pay for overlooking him and be right up with Jadeveon Clowney and Khalil Mack as one of the best defensive players of the 2014 draft.

This is the only thing I don't agree with...it's a layman who calls him a risk bc of his 2 ACL injuries. To me, that can be a good thing. He's already had the Sx and both knees are stronger than before. James Andrews says Easley is healthy for the NFL.

Imapig is happier than a pig in shit with the Easley pick.

Watching some of those highlight tapes, his get off the ball is pretty insane. He is literally always the first person in the backfield. And I like his pre-snap antics in the 2013 Tennessee game too, though I'm sure the fun hater Belichick will coach that out of him, : )

I love getting Easley, but trading down to day 2 and getting an extra pick or 2 would still have allowed Bill to get him.

But, hey, screw it. Bill got his guy. Can't complain. :toast:

Doesn't sound like it. Seems both SF and Seattle were set to pounce too.

I always like how BB drafts these guys. Reminds me of when he picked Gronk. Of course, Gronk has not shed the injury bug. If this guy can stay healthy, we just got a top 10 pick at 29.

I always like how BB drafts these guys. Reminds me of when he picked Gronk. Of course, Gronk has not shed the injury bug. If this guy can stay healthy, we just got a top 10 pick at 29.

Gronk wasn't picked in the first round, though.

Sounds like teh mankins pick, a projected late second round pick the pats took too early
Kiper was pissed about it again. I like the pick BB must have saw something special in him. Not to trade the pick to Minny.

Just took a quick look at some of big boards... Saw Easley ranked as high as 15 (James Christensen from NEPatriotsDraft)and as low as 64 (Mike Mayock :coffee: ).

Back