Ed Reed joins the Bills

Roberto71

Reaction score
As assistant DB coach. The gift of Rex just keeps giving. He now seems intent in stuffing the team with his pals.

As assistant DB coach. The gift of Rex just keeps giving. He now seems intent in stuffing the team with his pals.

Lots og egos in that room......egos Rex....not Eggos......settle down

Man, your avatar keeps screwing me up, thinking you are a new Chiefs fan member (well, I guess in a way, you are).

If the Pats win this week....expect a new avatar as well

---------- Post added at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Best team he's cheered for in decades :coffee:

Bastard....you made me to a coffee spit......funny

He should sign Bart Scott to be LB coach next . Ed reed always been one of his favorite players

I can't imagine Reed will be a good coach. So much of what made him him was the uncoachable part, the instincts.

I can't imagine Reed will be a good coach. So much of what made him him was the uncoachable part, the instincts.

How much of those instincts were due to film work and recognizing what you see in front of you?

I'm not disputing your claim, I'm just wondering if that played a role.

If it did, then that is something that can be coached.

Consider Butler's interception in the SB.

The Pats coaching staff did the film study and identified that play. They went over it in practice and so when it happened in the game, Butler knew what to do.

If you didn't know that, one could think it was Butler's "instincts" that had him make that play.

I'm sure he was better because of film study too.
I just remember that scene in BB's A Football Life where he and TB were talking about how he wasn't even where he should have been, etc. I think Polamalu was similar.

Whenever a great player becomes a coach there is one question to answer. Does he realize that the players he's coaching can't do what he could do?

If he does he could be a really good coach.

If he doesn't he'll be gone in a season.

Makes sense...

I'm sure he was better because of film study too.
I just remember that scene in BB's A Football Life where he and TB were talking about how he wasn't even where he should have been, etc. I think Polamalu was similar.

Except Ed Reed was actually good.

Back