Eli Manning Benched in New York

i was really hoping Eli wasn't going to get a quick hook this year... he is advancing on a historic benchmark record... only 7 games to tie, 8 to break... i was rooting for him to make it...

yRrXlNy.jpg

i was really hoping Eli wasn't going to get a quick hook this year... he is advancing on a historic benchmark record... only 7 games to tie, 8 to break... i was rooting for him to make it...

yRrXlNy.jpg
damn, bring him back!!!

and Archie was a winner!!

The thing that always irritated me about Eli is whenever he decided the to run the ball himself he'd slide 10 yards before any defender was even close to him. Pussy.

The thing that always irritated me about Eli is whenever he decided the to run the ball himself he'd slide 10 yards before any defender was even close to him. Pussy.

Tough to blame older quarterbacks for protecting themselves as much as they can, considering Brees, Roethlisberger, Manning his final year, etc. Brady even goes down a little quick these days, and I don't think that's a bad thing necessarily, considering that in most circumstances making that one play is not necessarily worth the risk of missing part or all of the season.

Lots to knock Eli for, but I'm not sure that's anywhere close to the top of the list for me.

Heard on the radio that Peyton and Eli are the highest paid QBs ever (total salary over their entire careers). Imagine that.

With Eli benched, Roethlisberger and Brees and Foles injured, am I correct in seeing there will only be 4 Super Bowl winning QBs starting this week, in Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, and Flacco?

Is it just me or is that remarkably low? Other than during the first 5-10 years of the Super Bowl era, has the count ever been that low before?

With Eli benched, Roethlisberger and Brees and Foles injured, am I correct in seeing there will only be 4 Super Bowl winning QBs starting this week, in Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, and Flacco?

Is it just me or is that remarkably low? Other than during the first 5-10 years of the Super Bowl era, has the count ever been that low before?

Not sure but the QB drop off makes me think Kaepernick will be signed.... If for no other reason than to just bump up the name recognition/buzz factor for a team.

Like the jets unfortunately. But a few teams could benefit from this guy IMO... In spite of the obvious concerns which I think are less now.

Not sure but the QB drop off makes me think Kaepernick will be signed.... If for no other reason than to just bump up the name recognition/buzz factor for a team.

Like the jets unfortunately. But a few teams could benefit from this guy IMO... In spite of the obvious concerns which I think are less now.

Kaepernick hasn't played in three years, not sure why anyone would expect that he could just walk in and be effective.

yRrXlNy.jpg

And a small part of me wonders if Eli is happy (or even asked for) about the benching. Keeps his Win/Loss from going below 0.500 and as you indicated stops him from setting the record for most losses.

Kaepernick hasn't played in three years, not sure why anyone would expect that he could just walk in and be effective.

Apparently he's been working out, so it would be worth a try ... again if for just the buzz factor. Right now these games are complete stinkers.:Fart:

You forgot Mahomes - who would have won the Super Bowl if not for Dee Ford lining up offsides.

Apparently he's been working out, so it would be worth a try ... again if for just the buzz factor. Right now these games are complete stinkers.:Fart:

and that means what exactly? Working out with who? The guy hasn't been on the field or in an NFL training camp for 3 years. There's only one reason there is a seeming desperation for him to get back in to the league, which I won't discuss here as it isn't the right forum.

Back