Enjoy Your Gift Steelers Fans...You gotta review that pass/fumble!!!!!

A Class act

Did anyone else see that Cardinals player egging him on?

2eq6uww.jpg

I don't see what Harrison did was wrong. He plays the game, in a very brutal and in your face way. So what if he punched a Tardinal? The Cards player, probably got what he deserved for being a pussy.

Well hell then I'm sure you had no problem with the little shove in Ben's back that drew a 15 yarder in the game either, because that was a joke of a call. I am not one of those that jump all over refs, I thought some ticky tack calls were called, but that was horrible, next time he needs to take Ben's head off then punch him on the ground so you will be happy.

I'm looking foward to Ryan Clark mauling Welker once again!!!! Ahhhh and when that happens, I say we break out some "Smooth" again lol

Clark better hit him harder then, Welker didn't miss a game:coffee:

Facemask on Rogers-Cromartie when there was no pulling on the facemask.

Roughing the Passer on Dansby when he took one step between the pass and the hit.

Running over the holder (?) on Wilson - WTF?

Defensive holding on Hood which was ticky-tack at best.

I was surprised when they didn't review the fumble, but based on the above, I really shouldn't have been.

1. Yes, there was pulling of the facemask. He didn't rip his head off, but there was some pulling. Plus, since they eliminated the difference between the 5 yard and 15 yard facemask, I think any time a guy grabs a facemask and holds onto it, they're calling it. Like, if he just accidentally gets his hand on a guy's facemask, but lets go right away, they used to call that 5 yards, but now they don't. But if you hold onto the facemask, they'll call it, even if you don't yank the guy's head around.

2. Roughing the passer.... yeah it was close. But hey, Ben gets hit after the throw, or hit in the head, or hit helmet to helmet, or hit below the knees, every single game and this is probably the 1st time in his career that it's actually been called, so I'll take it.

3. How can you complain about the running over the holder call? Wilson destroyed Berger. Just ran right through him and tackled him. You can't do that.

4. I assume you're talking about the defensive holding call on the attempted pass to Ward? If so, the Cardinals got lucky on that one. There was no defensive holding, there was pass interference. Hood grabbed Ward by the shoulders and was throwing him to the ground before the ball even got there. That should have been penalized from the spot of the foul, not just a 5 yard penalty.

Well... not in the 4th quarter, at least. There were a TON of questionable calls before then tonight, that's for damn sure. Who else wanted to know what Mike Holmgren was thinking when Roethlisberger's TD on the opening drive was called back as it should have been 3 years ago?

Yeah that was ironic. If they overturn it in 05, we just go for it on 4th down and Bettis (and our vastly superior O-line) get that inch easily. They overturn it this time, and with no true power RB and a swiss cheese O-line, we don't dare go for it. I'd have rather switched calls and had them overturn it in 05, and not overturn it this year.

BTW, I used to respect Holmgren when he was with the Packers. After his whining in 05 and his obvious bitterness last night, I've lost all respect for that joke.

to take a hit like that and not miss practice tells you what kind of balls Welker has..

You cannot hurt that little torpedo...on the game last night, yeah I saw some touchy calls, and some that it seemed was going pitt's way and not the cards, especially that roughing the passer. You know I was talking to my Bro is law last night, I think in 20 years of watching football that was the first time I ever saw a roughing the holder call, then I was thinking, when does that ever happen?

You cannot hurt that little torpedo...on the game last night, yeah I saw some touchy calls, and some that it seemed was going pitt's way and not the cards, especially that roughing the passer. You know I was talking to my Bro is law last night, I think in 20 years of watching football that was the first time I ever saw a roughing the holder call, then I was thinking, when does that ever happen?

He's a holder, who care's if he gets 'roughed':shrug:

Egging on isn't a ejectable offense. Punches are NEVER supposed to be thrown on the field, OH MOMMY He EGGED me on so I punched him.

He should have been ejected but i'm guessing the ref was too afraid to do it, he's a scary dude..

He should have been ejected but i'm guessing the ref was too afraid to do it, he's a scary dude..

Then the ref has no place on an NFL field. I think it wasn't HARRISON he was afraid of but some other league official.

I will say that is IT possible Harrison MAY have gotten game MVP had he not done that .:)

They didnt call nothing on the Cardnal player who through the punch in the 2nd quarter either :shrug:

Egging on isn't a ejectable offense. Punches are NEVER supposed to be thrown on the field, OH MOMMY He EGGED me on so I punched him.

it was a dumb play(prolly cost him mvp), but he wasnt alone with the fist out there in the game

I think Harrison was tired of people blocking him low (remember they actually did call a chop block at one point) and he just snapped. Stupid, stupid, undisciplined thing for him to do, and I agree it probably cost him the MVP.

I think Harrison was tired of people blocking him low (remember they actually did call a chop block at one point) and he just snapped. Stupid, stupid, undisciplined thing for him to do, and I agree it probably cost him the MVP.

Could be SF87..but the refs need to call it no matter his reasons..even if they are legit.

I will never forget that play though! And really? Fitz coming back to almost get him either. Classic SB moment.

Back