Facemask Penalty

Is this in reference to McCourty being decapitated on the TD?

Yeah, that was complete bullshit. It was completely clear that he pulled the mask down. Hard.

And the fact that Phil Simms, who was giving the Ravens a blowjob all friggin' game long, didn't mention it, is atrocious.

Pissed me off pretty badly but on the flip side, they let them play for the most part today which was somewhat refreshing. Nevertheless, not sure how you don't see a guy being dragged in mid air by his facemask.

They never call that against the offense, so I didn't expect the refs to start calling it in the playoffs.

They never call that against the offense, so I didn't expect the refs to start calling it in the playoffs.

The facemask perhaps is not called on offense, although I don't see that in the rule, but when he didn't let go it should have been called a personal foul, unnecessary roughness.

Honestly thought it was just a hand to the face, which is legal if you're the ball carrier, rather than the man grasping and pulling the facemask down. Probably should re-watch it, perhaps.

Honestly thought it was just a hand to the face, which is legal if you're the ball carrier, rather than the man grasping and pulling the facemask down. Probably should re-watch it, perhaps.

Yeah, he had all his fingers inside McCourty's grill and was hanging on for dear life. Y'know how when you're leaning way over to reach for something and you grab onto something behind you to steady yourself? It was like that.

Re-watch it. I don't think I've ever reacted to an offensive player putting his hands to the face of a defender but by the end of the play, McCourty was being flown like a kite. I was in awe.

Yeah, that was complete bullshit. It was completely clear that he pulled the mask down. Hard.

And the fact that Phil Simms, who was giving the Ravens a blowjob all friggin' game long, didn't mention it, is atrocious.

Someone would need to point it out to Phil and hold his hand while they explained to him what actually happened... I can't believe that man actually played football once upon a time.

The official standing right beside them as they went down the line was too busy watching to see if the ball got over the pylon instead of seeing that McCourty was being dragged like a dog on a short leash.

Idiots. Not one mention, even on the 3 replays when it was so clear.

Does anyone have a pic of this from the game? It was brutal. He was being carried by the facemask like a bag of groceries.

Someone would need to point it out to Phil and hold his hand while they explained to him what actually happened... I can't believe that man actually played football once upon a time.

he shot his wad telling us all how Gronk was clearly out of bounds simultaneous with the reply clearly showing him getting both feet down on that catch, so he probably he had nothing left.

Even if the ref is looking at the pylon, it's pretty blatant.

kite_02.jpg

kite_01.jpg

It's actually pretty impressive he got the distance on the jump he did considering he had McCourtey in tow with him.

It's actually pretty impressive he got the distance on the jump he did considering he had McCourtey in tow with him.

Counter balance my friend, counter balance.

Kinda like the long tail on a kangaroo. :coffee:

Back