First Game Of The 2013 Regular Season, Broncos vs Ravens

I would rather have Joe Flacco throw 6 picks, get sacked 6 times, and get shut out any day of the year. The Broncos will eventually fail, so I think it would be way more fun to have Flacco whine about how they lost because they didnt have HFA because of the Orioles ruining everything.
This would make me ecstatic.

No. I want to watch an elite QB (Flacco) pile it on against an overrated chump pretender of a QB (Peyton) and his choking assgiraffe of a slot WR (Dropsy).

Baltimore will fade. Denver needs to be exposed for the nation to see on Day 1. GETCHA SUPER BOWL ODDS!!!

No. I want to watch an elite QB (Flacco) pile it on against an overrated chump pretender of a QB (Peyton) and his choking assgiraffe of a slot WR (Dropsy).

Baltimore will fade. Denver needs to be exposed for the nation to see on Day 1. GETCHA SUPER BOWL ODDS!!!

This is so unlike you, Dave, to seek joy with petty revenge.

Oh, wait...I was thinking of someone else.

Carry on. This is exactly like you. ROFL

This is so unlike you, Dave, to seek joy with petty revenge.

Oh, wait...I was thinking of someone else.

Carry on. This is exactly like you. ROFL

The perfect ending to this game:

10 seconds left. Manning fires to the end zone, it bounces off of Dropsy's hands, into the hands of a Raven, and is subsequently returned for a TD.

The perfect ending to this game:

10 seconds left. Manning fires to the end zone, it bounces off of Dropsy's hands, into the hands of a Raven, and is subsequently returned for a TD.

Only thing to make that better is, in the replay, the pbp guy calls him the "Normally Sure-Handed" Wes Welker.

:huh::blink::confused:WTF?:insane:

hi-res-7009720_crop_650x440.jpg

Unlike most, I have no hate for Welker. He phucked up and will know that eventually, but I expect him to have a good game given that Denver has viable WRs to draw coverage, unlike last year's sorry finale.

This was about a player trusting his agent to get him a payday and Wes had been underpaid for his best years here. It was a business deal and I don't think his comments since are particularly egregious. He was a great player for us and has a little gas left in his tank, but the Pats played it correctly in his case. He was so good at what he did that eventually he handcuffed Brady into depending on him more than he should have when his best role is as a counterpuncher. He rode down the biggest hill on his rollercoaster a while back and it won't be very long before he clanks to a stop.

On the flip side, I have nothing but respect for Baltimore who are big, tough, well-coached and peaked at the right time last year.

I think Denver is a swiss cheese team-- the cheese is good but there are plenty of holes and they are quite oversold by the media. The Ravens are significantly better in at least two of the three phases.

Solid win by Baltimore coming up.

Unlike most, I have no hate for Welker. He phucked up and will know that eventually, but I expect him to have a good game given that Denver has viable WRs to draw coverage, unlike last year's sorry finale.

This was about a player trusting his agent to get him a payday and Wes had been underpaid for his best years here. It was a business deal and I don't think his comments since are particularly egregious. He was a great player for us and has a little gas left in his tank, but the Pats played it correctly in his case. He was so good at what he did that eventually he handcuffed Brady into depending on him more than he should have when his best role is as a counterpuncher. He rode down the biggest hill on his rollercoaster a while back and it won't be very long before he clanks to a stop.

On the flip side, I have nothing but respect for Baltimore who are big, tough, well-coached and peaked at the right time last year.

I think Denver is a swiss cheese team-- the cheese is good but there are plenty of holes and they are quite oversold by the media. The Ravens are significantly better in at least two of the three phases.

I'm with you on the no hate for Welker bus.

And on the other side of the coin, I hate Baltimore and its coach just shy of matching the hatred I have for the Lions and their coach.

And on the other side of the coin, I hate Baltimore and its coach just shy of matching the hatred I have for the Lions and their coach.

Ahhh, the hate is very strong in you and I do admire it.

I should have added that I while I have respect for them I don't like Baltimore as I have mellowed over the years and try to save my hatred for a key spot in the season when the white-hot hatred of a thousand suns exploding is called for.

I can't hate everybody that beats us even if that seldom happens. I'm just pacing myself. Long way to go yet.

:D

I hate the bastard until the day he retires and then I will look back fondly on his time here in New England.

I do not hate Mesko for some reason despite him going to the stillers,maybe it was the way Welker left and babbled and Mesko left and wrote a wonderful good bye

or maybe it is just me being a brat.

I hate the bastard until the day he retires and then I will look back fondly on his time here in New England.

I do not hate Mesko for some reason despite him going to the stillers,maybe it was the way Welker left and babbled and Mesko left and wrote a wonderful good bye

or maybe it is just me being a brat.

Mesko. Didn't lose Super Bowl. etc etc..

Fair point, except why is Asante still hated upon for basically the same circumstances? Asante wanted to get paid. Welker wanted to get paid. Asante dropped a ball that cost us a SB against NYG. Welker dropped a ball that cost us a SB against NYG. Asante begrudgingly played a year under the franchise tag. Welker begrudgingly played a year under the franchise tag. Asante left for cash money. Welker left for cash money. The Patriots didn't value either player enough to bring them back, but probably valued Asante more than Welker.

Yet Asante is a four letter word to most Pats fans.

As much as I dislike the Ravens, I respect them. I don't respect Denver and I am always sick of the never-ending hype around Peyton Manning.

I hope the Ravens punch the Broncos in the mouth. Ideally, this is a high body-bag count on both sides of the ball with neither team fully recovering until week 8.

and I bear no animosity to Welker. It's a business decision... Welker can talk all he wants. He plays for the Broncos

Fair point, except why is Asante still hated upon for basically the same circumstances? Asante wanted to get paid. Welker wanted to get paid. Asante dropped a ball that cost us a SB against NYG. Welker dropped a ball that cost us a SB against NYG. Asante begrudgingly played a year under the franchise tag. Welker begrudgingly played a year under the franchise tag. Asante left for cash money. Welker left for cash money. The Patriots didn't value either player enough to bring them back, but probably valued Asante more than Welker.

Yet Asante is a four letter word to most Pats fans.

:shrug: Asante had a much tougher play.

Back