Flores suing the Giants - Dramatic revelations

It can't.

Just another attempt to twist everything against Belichick.
There seems to be only one place that I'm aware of that has some attempting to paint Belichick in a negative light - this board. I watched Flores and his attorneys on the CBS morning show, Boomer and GIO on WFAN, listened to Gresh and Keefe on WEEI, read a couple of outside NE articles on-line, watched Early Edition on NBC Sports Boston with a Kusnierik, Curran, Giles and Perry and no one was bashing Belichick anywhere.

I don't know how it can be broken down that he lied. JMHO
I broke it down in detail.

What other interpretation of "I double checked & misread the text" do you have?

Belichick (4:51 PM): Sorry - I fucked this up. I double checked & I misread the text. I think they are naming Daboll. I'm sorry about that. BB

Flores: Thanks Bill

----

I never seen this part before...interesting.

I don't believe that BB lied. He was mistaken. This happens a LOT during texting. Way too much in fact.
Belichick does not indicate he was mistaken about who he thought he was texting. He indicates he "misread" the text. What text do think he is talking about there?

Everyone is just assuming Belichick merely texted the wrong Brian. Which he did. But it doesn't end there because he's actually telling Flores he misread a text to say he (Flores) had been hired. Like he intended on texting Brian Flores to begin with, which if that's the case then he was not mistaken on which Brian he thought he was texting. Do you see the inconsistency?

It can't.

Just another attempt to twist everything against Belichick.
So you tell me what text Belichick double checked and discovered he had misread? Because after that comment he says "I think they are naming Daboll."

Belichick does not indicate he was mistaken about who he thought he was texting. He indicates he "misread" the text. What text do think he is talking about there?

Everyone is just assuming Belichick merely texted the wrong Brian. Which he did. But it doesn't end there because he's actually telling Flores he misread a text to say he (Flores) had been hired. Like he intended on texting Brian Flores to begin with, which if that's the case then he was not mistaken on which Brian he thought he was texting. Do you see the inconsistency?

So you tell me what text Belichick double checked and discovered he had misread? Because after that comment he says "I think they are naming Daboll."

I simply disagree with the fact Bill lied. We don't know for a fact he didn't double check. He could have. We were not in the room

It's simply my opinion.

You have no fucking idea what actually happened, only a thin timeline, and you’re twisting it to make it out as a fact that Bill lied.

You do this sort of shit a lot. If you haven’t noticed, it doesn’t go over well. Most people here know how to think for themselves and how to recognize someone injecting their personal feelings about a specific person in every post.

I posted elsewhere earlier that it could’ve simply been that Belichick misread in a prior text message which Brian was getting the job. He also could have texted the wrong Brian. Both of these scenarios are much more likely than the one you are peddling IMO.

Last edited:
I simply disagree with the fact Bill lied. We don't know for a fact he didn't double check. He could have. We were not in the room

It's simply my opinion.
So which Brian do you think Belichick thought he was talking to before Flores asked him that question?

And which message would Belichick have been checking and for what reason?

You have no fucking idea what actually happened only a thin timeline and you’re twisting it to make it out as a fact that bill lied.

You do this sort of shit a lot. If you haven’t noticed, it doesn’t go over well. Most people here know how to think for themselves and how to recognize someone injecting their personal feelings about a specific person in every post.

I posted elsewhere earlier that it could’ve simply been that Belichick miss read in a prior text message which brian was getting the job. He also could have texted the wrong brian. Both of these scenarios are much more highly likely than the one you are peddling IMO.
You swearing at me and calling me names doesn't go over well with me. Especially when I'm trying to make a thoughtful argument. I didn't twist anything, I'm quoting straight from the text transcript.

So you're saying it's possible Belichick texted the Brian he intended on texting from the get go? Come on, it wasn't until Flores asked "Coach, are you talking to Brian Flores or Brian Daboll. Just making sure." that Belichick realized he had texted the wrong Brian. At no point does Belichick admit to that mistake. He instead tells Flores he misread a text (regarding which Brian was hired), which is not plausible when reading through the full transcript of the text messages. Belichick says "I hear from Buffalo & NYG that you are their guy." Clearly when Belichick says Buffalo he thinks he's talking to Daboll.

While I believe that Brian Flores was a highly capable HC that took the Dolphins, who were a putrid team, and built them into a competitive team in 3 years, which is not
easy. I was stunned when I read that he'd been fired and hoped we could get him back in his old position here, because one thing we can't use right now is a new HC. If
we were, I'd be happy to have him as our HC, because I think he's a seriously good coach, as far as I know, and I don't give a shit what his complexion or ancestry is.

The thing is, the shadow of racism now taints everything in this story and the main question is: what can be done about it?

The one thing I'm sure of is that you cannot legislate that any team has to hire an HC based on race. But, will any other remedy satisfy Flores and any other people that join
the class-action suit? It seems like an issue that can't really be solved on the surface of it. Not to me. If anybody has a realistic solution I'd love to hear it.

The Rooney rule and it's enhanced version have arguably worked to get more black HC's hired (and likely OCs and HCs), but it's probably true that, and I'm just going on
memory here, most all of the black HCs fired recently, except Flores, deserved to get fired based on not enough wins. The Billionaire Boys Club wants results and aren't
in business to advance social causes unless that happens to dovetail with the bottom line. Wins and postseason success, hence profit.

So.....what can realistically be done about this situation? Can the league mandate that the mandatory number of black candidates goes from 2 to 3? Four? I doubt that will help
solve anything because it's already alleged in Flores' complaint that the interview process is a sham. What does he really want in terms of what specific rules or
legislation the league can provide that will improve the situation?

What if Goodell mandates that two black or minority candidates have to be interviewed before any caucasians and any team caught circumnavigating that decree gets a new NFL version of the NCAA death penalty with significant loss of draft picks and a reduced salary cap? It's problematic, I know, but maybe it could be part of the process of coming up with a compromise solution
so we can get back to actual football someday without everybody constantly feeling like they're getting fucked over.

I thought Bill thought he was talking to Flores. He realized the snafu during the text dialogue.

I was not in the room so this is my opinion.

It's almost 11 pm and I'm tired.

This will be the last response I do on the topic concerning Bill and Brian text. There is nothing more I can say. We disagree, simply disagree.

Done.

Here's the fix:

Change the name to BLMFL. Cut all of the white's. Replace them with non-white's. Including owners and coaches. All halftime shows will be riots with Antifa everywhere and bricks conveniently placed in strategic areas. Cancel Culture everything.

Here's the fix:

Change the name to BLMFL. Cut all of the white's. Replace them with non-white's. Including owners and coaches. All halftime shows will be riots with Antifa everywhere and bricks conveniently placed in strategic areas. Cancel Culture everything.
It looks like what I was told was true. Nothing good happens at 2:47 in the morning.

I mean, what if he misread the text he revived? "Like maybe it just said Briand is our guy"

Exactly! What gives him the right to have personal conversations with other people in the league? He should
be fined, suspended or worse for doing the exact same thing everybody else does practically every day.

People gossip and exchange information with other people. They do so for every reason imaginable, but mainly to be
informed about things that affect their life. They give something and get something back and the world keeps spinning.

Gossip is endemic throughout human history. It is a major reason for the development of human language and
makes Bill Belichick exactly like every normal homo sapien for the last 50,000 years or so.

So, what's your remedy? What price should Belichick pay for this heinous act of attempting to congratulate one of his many former
students and friends who have progressed in their careers directly due to his tutelage and influence?

You really need to find something with a little more substance before you attempt to throw even more shade at Bill. Stick to 2nd round draft picks or
Malcolm Butler.
Right on point. But I'd say at least equal to "but mainly to be informed about things that affect their life" is the massive number of pathetic people who just HAVE make themselves feel important. Look, I KNOW this. I'm smart, I'm on the inside, You're not but I'll let you in. Cause I'm smart AND considerate. Please love me.

I thought Bill thought he was talking to Flores. He realized the snafu during the text dialogue.

I was not in the room so this is my opinion.

It's almost 11 pm and I'm tired.

This will be the last response I do on the topic concerning Bill and Brian text. There is nothing more I can say. We disagree, simply disagree.

Done.
Belichick thought he was talking to Daboll. Belichick says "I hear from Buffalo & NYG that you are their guy." Clearly when Belichick says Buffalo he thinks he's talking to Daboll because obviously Daboll was the OC for Buffalo. Belichick didn't realize he had texted Flores instead of Daboll until Flores asked him "are you talking to Brian Flores or Brian Daboll." As opposed to acknowledging with Flores that he (Belichick) thought he was talking to Daboll (which would have been a direct response to Flores' question), he acted like he double checked a text (from Buffalo and/or NYG), which indicated Daboll got the HC job but he (Belichick) had misread it. We know this is a lie because he had previously said Buffalo and NYG told him who (Daboll) had been hired. Belichick straight out lied to Flores about having misread a text. No doubt. He in fact had texted the wrong Brian from the start. It's the only plausible interpretation.

I mean, what if he misread the text he revived? "Like maybe it just said Briand is our guy"
As I'm pointing out repeatedly, Belichick said Buffalo and NYG told him who had been hired. He got unclear texts from both? Virtually impossible. Aside from that, obviously only Buffalo would be saying anything about Daboll since he was their departing OC. Belichick tells who he thinks is Daboll that he had "heard from Buffalo and NYG that you're their guy." I'm sure Flores looked at the "from Buffalo" part and thought to himself does Bill know who he's talking to? Obviously at that point Flores suspects Belichick texted the wrong Brian. Hence he asked that question directly, "are you talking to Brian Flores or Brian Daboll?" Belichick doesn't say, oh shit Brian I'm sorry I thought I had texted Daboll, instead he blames misreading a text from Buffalo and/or NYG. Which is a lie.

Belichick thought he was talking to Daboll. Belichick says "I hear from Buffalo & NYG that you are their guy." Clearly when Belichick says Buffalo he thinks he's talking to Daboll because obviously Daboll was the OC for Buffalo. Belichick didn't realize he had texted Flores instead of Daboll until Flores asked him "are you talking to Brian Flores or Brian Daboll." As opposed to acknowledging with Flores that he (Belichick) thought he was talking to Daboll (which would have been a direct response to Flores' question), he acted like he double checked a text (from Buffalo and/or NYG), which indicated Daboll got the HC job but he (Belichick) had misread it. We know this is a lie because he had previously said Buffalo and NYG told him who (Daboll) had been hired. Belichick straight out lied to Flores about having misread a text. No doubt. He in fact had texted the wrong Brian from the start. It's the only plausible interpretation.

As I'm pointing out repeatedly, Belichick said Buffalo and NYG told him who had been hired. He got unclear texts from both? Virtually impossible. Aside from that, obviously only Buffalo would be saying anything about Daboll since he was their departing OC. Belichick tells who he thinks is Daboll that he had "heard from Buffalo and NYG that you're their guy." I'm sure Flores looked at the "from Buffalo" part and thought to himself does Bill know who he's talking to? Obviously at that point Flores suspects Belichick texted the wrong Brian. Hence he asked that question directly, "are you talking to Brian Flores or Brian Daboll?" Belichick doesn't say, oh shit Brian I'm sorry I thought I had texted Daboll, instead he blames misreading a text from Buffalo and/or NYG. Which is a lie.
Flores LITERALLY said on espn yesterday , "look, that was just a mistake by belichick. we've all sent the wrong text message to somebody."

Flores LITERALLY said on espn yesterday , "look, that was just a mistake by belichick. we've all sent the wrong text message to somebody."
That doesn't refute anything I'm saying.

Everyone including Flores is saying Belichick sent text messages to the WRONG person. Belichick thought he was texting Baboll.

So why does Belichick say, "Sorry - I fucked this up. I double checked & I misread the text. I think they are naming Daboll. I'm sorry about that."

Belichick is trying to pass it off like the confusion was from a text he had misread about who was getting the job. We KNOW this isn't true because Belichick thought he was talking to Daboll to congratulate him on getting the job. Get it?!?!

Everyone including Flores is saying Belichick sent text messages to the WRONG person. Belichick thought he was texting Baboll.

So why does Belichick say, "Sorry - I fucked this up. I double checked & I misread the text. I think they are naming Daboll. I'm sorry about that."

Belichick is trying to pass it off like the confusion was from a text he had misread about who was getting the job. We KNOW this isn't true because Belichick thought he was talking to Daboll to congratulate him on getting the job. Get it?!?!
you said bb lied. what flores says refutes that he thinks bb lied.

Hey

That horse you're beating -- it's dead. Very dead. Quit beating it.

you said bb lied. what flores says refutes that he thinks bb lied.
I said it because it happened. It's right there in plain sight. Flores merely comments on Belichick having mistakenly texted him instead of Daboll. What Belichick meant by "I double checked & I misread the text" isn't addressed in the interview. It's coming when media outlets start delving into the details of this story. Deservedly the focus is all bigger picture at this point.

Hey

That horse you're beating -- it's dead. Very dead. Quit beating it.
The horse is beaten due to flippant denials of the truth.

I'll step out of the discussion per your ultimatum.

Back