Gaffney released from Redskins

Not sure there is room...we have enough 30+ year old receivers on the team already...adding another will not really help things.

Not sure there is room...we have enough 30+ year old receivers on the team already...adding another will not really help things.

At this point, I prefer him over Branch, he's got a little more left in his step.

So we can sign him, release Ocho and Branch, trade Lloyd for Moss, sign Maroney, and we'll have the '07 offense back together.

Currently on the roster at WR:

Lloyd
Ocho
Branch
Edelman
Gonzalez
Stallworth
Underwood
Slater
Ebert - Rookie
Davis - PS Last year

Wes has not signed his tender.

That's a lot of bodies, but damn I'd lke to find a way to throw Gaffney into the mix.

Atleast 4-5 of these guys will be camp cuts.

Currently on the roster at WR:

Lloyd
Ocho
Branch
Edelman
Gonzalez
Stallworth
Underwood
Slater
Ebert - Rookie
Davis - PS Last year

Wes has not signed his tender.

That's a lot of bodies, but damn I'd lke to find a way to throw Gaffney into the mix.

Atleast 4-5 of these guys will be camp cuts.

5 cuts??? Who though?

5 cuts??? Who though?

If they bring Gaffney into the mix, I would go into the season with 6 WR spots (they used 5 most of last year).

On the team:
Wes, Lloyd, Gaffney, Slater (ST)

On the bubble, take the 2 with the best preseason:
Ocho, Branch, Stallworth, Underwood

Out:
Edelman, Gonzalez

Practice Squad:
Davis and Ebert

Gaffney may have a bit more zip than Branch, but Branch and Brady are damn near telepathic at times. I'd take Branch over Gaffney.

Can't see Belichick cutting Edelman, he's shown that he can do a job as a DB and does a decent job of returning punts, e.g. he's shown some versatility, something that BB loves.

Underwood I think may be a cut, Gonzalez is probably also camp cut, and unless Ocho shows some improvement I think he may also be cut.

If they bring Gaffney into the mix, I would go into the season with 6 WR spots (they used 5 most of last year).

On the team:
Wes, Lloyd, Gaffney, Slater (ST)

On the bubble, take the 2 with the best preseason:
Ocho, Branch, Stallworth, Underwood

Out:
Edelman, Gonzalez

Practice Squad:
Davis and Ebert

Dude, get over it. Edelman is probably the most versatile and, therefore, valuable...leaving Welker aside...of the entire group. He's not going anywhere.

Dude, get over it. Edelman is probably the most versatile and, therefore, valuable...leaving Welker aside...of the entire group. He's not going anywhere.

How about we try a different concept this year, like having actual DB's play defense. Sure Troy and Edelman have done it in the past, but if it's done again this year, something went wrong. We do not want to see WR's playing DB every year. They were used as Fill-In's and really shouldn't be kept entirely for that reason.
Troy contributed greatly to the offense, Julian not so much. I am actually a big Edelman fan as far as a punt returner. I think he is greatly undervalued in regards to that.

Gaffney may have a bit more zip than Branch, but Branch and Brady are damn near telepathic at times. I'd take Branch over Gaffney.

Can't see Belichick cutting Edelman, he's shown that he can do a job as a DB and does a decent job of returning punts, e.g. he's shown some versatility, something that BB loves.

Underwood I think may be a cut, Gonzalez is probably also camp cut, and unless Ocho shows some improvement I think he may also be cut.

Branch is broken. Time to replace.

I think Gonzales has a lot of upside if he can stay healthy. There are already some tough choices to make, especially when you factor in special teams. If you do bring in Gaffney, pretty sure that signals the end of the Ocho experiment. I think Branch has one year left.

I'd keep:
Lloyd
Welker
Branch
Gonzalez
Stallworth
Gaffney
Slater

And Cut the rest.
Ebert - Rookie
Davis - PS Last year
Underwood
Edelman
Ocho

If they do not sign Gaffney, that saves Edelman or Ocho, my guess is Edelman.

Raise your hand if you saw Gaffney play last year.

I saw 8+ games last year in which he played, and he is virtually as good now as he was back then. He was the Skins' best offensive option at times.

I'd rather him as our #3 than Branch, to be honest, or at least our #4.

I saw 8+ games last year in which he played, and he is virtually as good now as he was back then. He was the Skins' best offensive option at times.

:toast:

I don't think the argument is about whether he could do more than Branch and Ocho combined, I think the question is whether he could do more than Gonzalez or Stallworth.

I don't have any issue with bringing him in to find out, though.

I would hate like hell to see the Patriots cut Branch. Hopefully they'll chat with him and he'll decide that it's time to retire. Hell, once he gets to camp, he might decide that on his own.

I don't think the argument is about whether he could do more than Branch and Ocho combined, I think the question is whether he could do more than Gonzalez or Stallworth.

I don't have any issue with bringing him in to find out, though.

We have a lot of WRs but why not bring him in and keep those that do well in TC? He may prefer somewhere he can, you know, actually make the team though.

Back