Game Day (Kinda!) Preseason Game 3 - NYG

Dude, agian. show me where anyone said you were wrong. Differing opinions are part of sports discussion. It doesn't mean peope are upset, or that they hate Brady or anyof that other bullshit.
Then stop talking about it. You're complaining to people who weren't even talking to you.
Nothing started with this long drawn-out discussion about why Cam didn't do something well. You and Mazz, for whatever reason, have been pointing out and beaing to death every instance Cam did something that could reflect badly on him since the day he was signed. In Thursday's game, this is the only play you've invested about 50 posts on. It's like Cam did not do anything worthwhile and every player other than Cam executed every play perfectly. It is only Cam you and Mazz needs to harp on several times a day.

I hear your complaint and understand your pain, but no, your beating this play to death did NOT start talk about hating Cam.

If Olszewski is the best punt returner on the roster, then that's a pretty damning indictment of the punt return depth on the roster.

Some people want to make this guy Julian Edelman, and he's just not. And he's never going to be.
To be fair, no one thought Edelman would be Welker until he was and better. I liked Gunner, but I think he played himself off the team.

That has been a trend in market share for this Patriots preseason. They destroyed the Red Sox a few weeks back by a factor of something like 7 to 1, which shows how much interest there is not only in NFL football, but in the QB battle and Patriots fans wanting to see Mac Jones. It's all good.

On and unrelated note, I've watched the play discussed above about a half dozen times and the angles weren't the best, but in fairness to Newton I think it's important to recognize that it was a longish route and the guy covering Bourne peeled off right around the time Newton would have had to make a decision as to where to deliver the ball. It's pretty bang-bang and I'm not sure that it was as obvious that Bourne was wide open as some believe. In addition, credit should be given to Giants LB Blake Martinez for a really great deep drop to get himself in position to rip the ball away from Jakobi, which he did.

I don't feel any need to be an apologist for Cam Newton, but I'm not sure enough credit is being assessed to the other team whose guy raced quickly back into coverage late, got himself into position and made a fine play.

Blake Martinez is a guy who was drafted in the second day (round 4, pick 131) because he was supposed to be a two-down thumper LB with limited coverage skills and that assessment has proven to be wrong and he's far outplayed his draft slot as a guy that is an all-around fine player. He's better than the tag that was placed on him and has piled up huge tackle numbers of close to 140 tackles a year during his five-year career which is a hell of a lot more than anybody figured or he would have been a blue chip high first-rounder. That is a shitload of tackles and he's probably the best and most consistent defensive player on that team.

I can blame Cam for some of the other plays that didn't go well, but that one wasn't quite as obvious as some people seem to be saying it was. Martinez is an underrated beast.

It's a hard league and the other guys are fighting hard to make plays, too.

I wonder if Mac was pressing to try to "show something" last night. He was holding the ball significantly longer than he had been, and took what, four sacks? I wonder if he was trying to show that he's not just a game manager. And/or had stats on his mind when choosing not to throw the ball away when under pressure. He also missed a couple of open guys on plays where he was holding the ball. I know the announcers commented on at least one, and I noticed one (I think...can be tough without the All 22) when they didn't say anything. His numbers were better last night, but he didn't look as good to my eye.

That right side of the OL is going to maul some people this year. And yet, by season's end I wonder if it won't be clear that Onwenu > Mason. And Onwenu => Thuney, even. We need Andrews back, but it could be worse than Karras. I wonder if Justin Herron will make the 53 - Cajuste is starting to look awfully strong. Redmond, Cunningham, Ferentz...are not. But Ferentz is all but assured a roster spot as our only flex IOL (AFAIK). What happened to the scuttle about Will Sherman being this year's Big Steal OL Steal? I'm asking because I honestly don't know - I literally haven't noticed him. Did he get hurt, or is his play just totally nondescript?

The thing about Mac is that even when he doesn't look that good, he looks pretty damn good. The fucking kid has had a tremendous summer for this team, but I'm sure you feel the same way. It's not supposed to be a linear progression straight up for anybody. I also wondered if the O was vanilla because he was ready to throw and had to stop and reassess a number of times. Plus, I think the Giants started responding to Judge's program around mid-season last year and became a pretty tough out. They don't have Fantasy skill players when their big RB is out, but they play pretty hard and smart.

I found it interesting that you showed a preference for the right side of the OL. I believe the left side is equally dominant and the only thing that holds them back is that Wynn keeps missing blocks of time. When he and Onwenu have had reps there have been times when they just cave their side in. It's a wipeout across the board. And Andrews is stronger than he's been in a very light workload. We will pound the hell out of the teams built to defend four wide offenses and will win against almost everybody else. I can't wait to see it play out. We got killaz.

I haven't seen any potential out of Sherman whatsoever, but that is out of a very limited sample and anybody can improve over 3 years in our program as Ferentz (the patron saint of scrub OLs) has shown. Will doesn't have great feet and seems to struggle to move anybody. I'd call him a slow, bad body guy right now. I wish I could give people a redeeming virtue to work with but I see a Jordan Devey level lack-of-skill set in him only Devey had a nice frame. I also believe that in another season Sherman wouldn't look that lost because the first seven are more impressive than usual. I don't think we do anything heroic to try and keep him just because he was a late pick. We'd be better off converting Justin Herron to guard and keeping Cajuste as swing T. Yodny's come a long way in the last few weeks, but still has a way to go to reach the potential I've seen in him, which is to replace Wynn when he develops another series of assaches. Redmond and Cunningham are cuts. Period. I'd delete them from the contact list and go with somebody else when we require a warm body.

It was Cover 2 and he threw it up the seam. He had to throw it right in between the LB and safety, which he did. The LB made a great play... but don't let that get in the way of your Cam hate.

That wide open guy at the top of the screen though...

The thing about Mac is that even when he doesn't look that good, he looks pretty damn good. The fucking kid has had a tremendous summer for this team, but I'm sure you feel the same way. It's not supposed to be a linear progression straight up for anybody. I also wondered if the O was vanilla because he was ready to throw and had to stop and reassess a number of times. Plus, I think the Giants started responding to Judge's program around mid-season last year and became a pretty tough out. They don't have Fantasy skill players when their big RB is out, but they play pretty hard and smart.

I found it interesting that you showed a preference for the right side of the OL. I believe the left side is equally dominant and the only thing that holds them back is that Wynn keeps missing blocks of time. When he and Onwenu have had reps there have been times when they just cave their side in. It's a wipeout across the board. And Andrews is stronger than he's been in a very light workload. We will pound the hell out of the teams built to defend four wide offenses and will win against almost everybody else. I can't wait to see it play out. We got killaz.

I haven't seen any potential out of Sherman whatsoever, but that is out of a very limited sample and anybody can improve over 3 years in our program as Ferentz (the patron saint of scrub OLs) has shown. Will doesn't have great feet and seems to struggle to move anybody. I'd call him a slow, bad body guy right now. I wish I could give people a redeeming virtue to work with but I see a Jordan Devey level lack-of-skill set in him only Devey had a nice frame. I also believe that in another season Sherman wouldn't look that lost because the first seven are more impressive than usual. I don't think we do anything heroic to try and keep him just because he was a late pick. We'd be better off converting Justin Herron to guard and keeping Cajuste as swing T. Yodny's come a long way in the last few weeks, but still has a way to go to reach the potential I've seen in him, which is to replace Wynn when he develops another series of assaches. Redmond and Cunningham are cuts. Period. I'd delete them from the contact list and go with somebody else when we require a warm body.

Do you know anything about this guy? There must be some reason BB traded for him this late in camp.

View: https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1432666451131961345

For what it's worth, here's what Chiefs fans said.

IQs of 50 sharing their dunce cap views and hatred of the Pats.

keeping up with the kardashians kim GIF by E!

That has been a trend in market share for this Patriots preseason. They destroyed the Red Sox a few weeks back by a factor of something like 7 to 1, which shows how much interest there is not only in NFL football, but in the QB battle and Patriots fans wanting to see Mac Jones. It's all good.

On and unrelated note, I've watched the play discussed above about a half dozen times and the angles weren't the best, but in fairness to Newton I think it's important to recognize that it was a longish route and the guy covering Bourne peeled off right around the time Newton would have had to make a decision as to where to deliver the ball. It's pretty bang-bang and I'm not sure that it was as obvious that Bourne was wide open as some believe. In addition, credit should be given to Giants LB Blake Martinez for a really great deep drop to get himself in position to rip the ball away from Jakobi, which he did.

I don't feel any need to be an apologist for Cam Newton, but I'm not sure enough credit is being assessed to the other team whose guy raced quickly back into coverage late, got himself into position and made a fine play.

Blake Martinez is a guy who was drafted in the second day (round 4, pick 131) because he was supposed to be a two-down thumper LB with limited coverage skills and that assessment has proven to be wrong and he's far outplayed his draft slot as a guy that is an all-around fine player. He's better than the tag that was placed on him and has piled up huge tackle numbers of close to 140 tackles a year during his five-year career which is a hell of a lot more than anybody figured or he would have been a blue chip high first-rounder. That is a shitload of tackles and he's probably the best and most consistent defensive player on that team.

I can blame Cam for some of the other plays that didn't go well, but that one wasn't quite as obvious as some people seem to be saying it was. Martinez is an underrated beast.

It's a hard league and the other guys are fighting hard to make plays, too.

View: https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1432435965377671170

IQs of 50 sharing their dunce cap views and hatred of the Pats.

keeping up with the kardashians kim GIF by E!
LOL. So true. One take away is they didn't say he was a bum but that he was overflow at the position. I take that as a positive that this guy can maybe be a decent back up.

Back