Go..............Jets??

Fully Tilted

GhostGronk
Reaction score
Was listening to 98.5 about 30 minutes ago and Tony MaZZ stated that if the Jets beat Pittsburgh, NE only has to beat either MIA or BUFF to lock up the #1 seed in the AFC. :blink:

I don't think I can stomach rooting for the Jets. It goes against the purpose of every fiber of my being.

Guess I won't be seeing you on Sunday if you go that route. :coffee:

TG...withholding the boo-tay to support the team.

Most impressive.

Wins against the Bills and Packers will do the exact same thing. Besides, if we get the number 2 seed, we'll just have to beat the Steelers in Pitt. Stranger things have happened :coffee:

Semantics. :harumph:

Not exactly. :coffee:

I have to do what I have to do. This is football. R Serious business.

<----------- Will keep this in mind.

Wins against the Bills and Packers will do the exact same thing. Besides, if we get the number 2 seed, we'll just have to beat the Steelers in Pitt. Stranger things have happened :coffee:

Obviously there are numerous ways for this to happen. Having to only beat either MIA or BUFF instead of BUFF and GB is IMO easier. :shrug:

Let's put it this way, if the NYJ beat PIT, we have a pretty big silver lining that correlates to the ease of which we can lock up home-field and a 1st round bye. Seeing them lose has never been funner but I care more about our play off seeding.

Agreed. NE clinches a bye with a Jet loss and a win of any kind. I'd rather have something like that locked up now than potentially be able to lock up the #1 seed even if NE loses to Green Bay.

Frankly, as long as NE takes care of business this week, the #1 seed situation against Buffalo is identical.

I'll pass on rooting for the Jets, TYVM.

Was listening to 98.5 about 30 minutes ago and Tony MaZZ stated that if the Jets beat Pittsburgh, NE only has to beat either MIA or BUFF to lock up the #1 seed in the AFC. :blink:

I don't think I can stomach rooting for the Jets. It goes against the purpose of every fiber of my being.

Yeah, but if the Jets run the table, and the Pats lose to both the Bills and the Phins, the Jets could still get the #1 seed.

Also, if the Jets lose their last three games and Miami wins their next two, the Pats could have the chance to knock the Jets out of the playoffs by losing to the Bills.

So many possibilities . . .

Man, if there was ever a nasty predicament. Root for the Jets to win, or if you don't root for the Jets, by default you're picking the Steelers. It's like saying, would I rather slit my wrists with a dull razor or a new one.

I'm going for rooting for the rapist. I hope the Steelers win, all the while Big Ben gets his nose broken again, or Ellis steps on his broken foot, and/or Polamalu's ankle situation gets so bad he can't play the rest of the season (I actually hate saying that), Ryan Clark ends up seeing double, Mendenhall pulls a hammy, and Ike Taylor gets mistaken for Ike Turner and has a bad drug urine. This will cover all bases.

ROFL

When you are fortunate enough to be a fan of the team in the driving seat at this juncture of the season, you root for the pawns that aid in your ability to remain in the driver's seat.

Division rivalries and personal hatred go out the window. Other than avoiding key injuries, there is nothing more important at this point in the season than securing home-field advantage.

Man, if there was ever a nasty predicament. Root for the Jets to win, or if you don't root for the Jets, by default you're picking the Steelers. It's like saying, would I rather slit my wrists with a dull razor or a new one.

Nah, not that bad, m'dear. Apart from the evil buffoon at QB, I actually kind of like the Steelers. James Farrior has always been a big fave of mine and I always wished he would play for us. No ill will against any of them now that Joey Big Mouth Porter isn't there anymore. Steelers fight hard and fair.

The Jests is an entirely different ball of hair. Cannot imagine rooting for them under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Don't have to go against my own religion (i.e. - Jests = De Debbil) to guarantee the Pats' position in the playoffs. Any number of other options get them to where they WILL BE!!! First Seed!
:patriots!:patriots!

Nah, not that bad, m'dear. Apart from the evil buffoon at QB, I actually kind of like the Steelers. James Farrior has always been a big fave of mine and I always wished he would play for us. No ill will against any of them now that Joey Big Mouth Porter isn't there anymore. Steelers fight hard and fair.

The Jests is an entirely different ball of hair. Cannot imagine rooting for them under ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. Don't have to go against my own religion (i.e. - Jests = De Debbil) to guarantee the Pats' position in the playoffs. Any number of other options get them to where they WILL BE!!! First Seed!
:patriots!:patriots!

:blink:

Back