Gronk is back

Until Papa Gronk tells BB "OK" he won't play.

No don't freak out, but I believe there is a very small but also increasing chance that Gronk is trade bait this winter. For several reasons.

I am not predicting it, but signs are there. Call it 10%.

oROFL

Even at 10%.

No don't freak out, but I believe there is a very small but also increasing chance that Gronk is trade bait this winter. For several reasons.

What!? Highly doubt that

For what reason? His contract is very friendly given they signed him up in 2012 for what is now a below market contract for a player who is the best at his position. He was also injury free last year and most of this year. He is too dominant and too young to trade and let's be honest I doubt he has the same impact in another offense given the Pats have no outside receiver or run game and use him to roll coverage. I mean there is a reason he has already passed Sharpe and it is not just that he is a beast but that he is fed the ball a lot.

For what reason? His contract is very friendly given they signed him up in 2012 for what is now a below market contract for a player who is the best at his position. He was also injury free last year and most of this year. He is too dominant and too young to trade and let's be honest I doubt he has the same impact in another offense given the Pats have no outside receiver or run game and use him to roll coverage. I mean there is a reason he has already passed Sharpe and it is not just that he is a beast but that he is fed the ball a lot.

Yea not sure on a trade, and if they did. How do you replace him?

This^.

If I understand correctly, his cap hit next year goes down from 8,650,00 to 6,650,000 and the dead money goes from 18 mil+ to 9 mil+
his 2017 cap hit would be 7 mil still way below this year. 2018 would be 11 mill cap hit and 2019 would be 12 mil. Cap space still strongly upward trending. Why on earth? :shrug:

Only possible issue is if Gronk inc, demands a giant raise.

Cheers, BostonTim

It's been confirmed that Gronk is playing today and Hightower and Kline are out.

Yea not sure on a trade, and if they did. How do you replace him?

I don't know how you replace him.

That said, why would there need to be a "new" Gronk? Gronk gets featured because the Pats have him. They could simply feature a different position of strength as they did before him and will do after him.

The news that he is "playing" tonight is good.

Bill is not putting him out there on that turf in Hou if there is the slightest doubt. He hates that field.

i just read somewhere today that houston installed artificial turf right before this season so i checked and they did. wonder if that factored into gronk's playing?

Gronk was a beast last night even in a limited role. Good to have 87 out there.

Guess he wasn't as much of a drama queen as some made it out to be....

Well, I put my hand up, I was very wrong about Gronk.

I thought for sure he would be out until the playoffs. But he was awesome last night, looked aggressive and showed why he's almost unplayable. He toughed it out, knew the team desperately needed him for a must win game.

Way to go Gronk.

Guess he wasn't as much of a drama queen as some made it out to be....

I don't think he is necessarily. His dad? maybe.
It was funny to read all those comments on PFT about how he acted like he was shot when he got hurt and what a soft ass he is. For real?????? Dude has played in pain, he's no softie. Pretty sure that hurt like a bitch when it happened and that's why he rolled around. He ain't no Patrick Pass. ROFL

I don't think he is necessarily. His dad? maybe.
It was funny to read all those comments on PFT about how he acted like he was shot when he got hurt and what a soft ass he is. For real?????? Dude has played in pain, he's no softie. Pretty sure that hurt like a bitch when it happened and that's why he rolled around. He ain't no Patrick Pass. ROFL

They said in the broadcast last night that Gronk told them it was the worst pain he had even been in his life. Plus add the mental aspect of him thinking that his season was over and the whole rehab process he'd have to go through again it makes sense. I'm surprised people actually question the toughness of Gronk of all people.

They said in the broadcast last night that Gronk told them it was the worst pain he had even been in his life. Plus add the mental aspect of him thinking that his season was over and the whole rehab process he'd have to go through again it makes sense. I'm surprised people actually question the toughness of Gronk of all people.

It's not Gronk. It's his dad, his agent that people are wary of.

The will he won't he of the start of last season when he kept being held back, the way his dad sticks his nose in is reminiscent of Barry Sanders' dad.

And the way that weird statement was released by the Gronkowski Family was very questionable.

Gronk gets featured because the Pats have him. They could simply feature a different position of strength as they did before him and will do after him.

I dunno. Replace the greatest, most productive player at his position in history with some else, somewhere else, who's pretty good too?

Cheers player

I don't know how you replace him.

That said, why would there need to be a "new" Gronk? Gronk gets featured because the Pats have him. They could simply feature a different position of strength as they did before him and will do after him.

The news that he is "playing" tonight is good.

Yeah but its getting that other position of strength. Right now, its not on this team. His production has to get replaced somehow. I get what you are saying, but its just tough to do.

Back