Happy Birthday, Bill Belichick

Ryan91

RIP Gran - Always love you
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Coach Belichick, the greatest coach of all time, is 65 today.

Happy Birthday, Coach

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter <small class="time"> 1h1 hour ago </small>
17-year anniversary of this draft pick, which came on Bill Belichick's 48th birthday:

Jerry Thornton‏Verified account @jerrythornton1 <small class="time"> 30m30 minutes ago </small>
On this day:
2000 - Tom Brady is drafted
1952 - Bill Belichick is born
33 A.D. - Jesus is risen
Enjoy this day of miracles.

C9iAfK_XoAEDy8-.jpg

Brady was a comp pick? I never knew that. What player that left yielded us pick 199? I would love to know.

Brady was a comp pick? I never knew that. What player that left yielded us pick 199? I would love to know.

In 1999, the Patriots lost linebacker Todd Collins, punter Tom Tupa, defensive tackle Mark Wheeler and offensive lineman Dave Wohlabaugh in free agency. As a result, they were awarded four compensatory picks: Nos. 127, 199, 201 and 239.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2012/04/tom-brady-b...-in-2000-due-to-the-loss-of-four-free-agents/

~Dee~

What makes it even better is that the Pats HAD to use the pick because they couldn't trade them back then. Knowing what a wheeler dealer BB is, I wonder if they could have traded it, they would have.

Happy Birthday to the greatest sports coach of all time. Here's to a man who really knows how to party!

Part of me hopes he's what we see all the time: the calculated, planning, intelligent sort who's just in his comfort zone as we see him.

But another part of me is hoping he's thinking "Got them fooled!" as he screams around the house to Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet at 11 in a cheetah loin cloth ripping rails off Holidays curvaceous naked posterior.

Anyway, happy b-day Bill.

Back