Happy Halloween!

Bit of boring trivia, Halloween comes from the ancient Irish festival of Samhain. It was for the end of harvest and was celebrated on 1st November, but the festivities started the night before. It was believed the boundary between this world and the "outer world" thinned at this time allowing spirits/ghosts to enter freely, including spirits of dead relatives. So food and drink were offered and places were set at the table for dead relatives. People dressed up in costumes and went door to door, reciting poems/lyrics in exchange for food. They dressed up, hoping to disguise themselves from malevolent spirits who might spot them.

The Irish and Scots took a lot of these traditions to America. Not Surprising it's huge in the US, Ireland and Scotland.

We celebrated on Saturday with an early wakeup and a trip to Worcester to see Holy Cross (7-0) take on Fordham (6-1). We're related to a Freshman TE at Fordham who is a great kid and has
(imo) pro potential. It was one of the craziest games I've ever seen with the teams tied at 45 after regulation. Fordham won the toss and got a 25 yard TD on the first play and
went up 7. The Cross punched in a TD and, down one, called a double reverse to win the game 53-52. It might have been the best football game I've ever attended.

Then we drove home and changed into costume. We have some friends who have an unbelievable Halloween theme park setup in their back yard with a full bar, heaters, a grave yard, a haunted garden, firepit, dozens of huge animatronic monsters, fog machines and a "crypt" building with a full-size casket. My wife and I went as Jim Hopper and Joyce Byers from Stranger Things and our costumes were detailed and excellent. Others included Jon Snow and Danaeyrs Targaryen, Rip and Beth from Yellowstone and the scariest Pennywise I've ever seen. I wish I had pictures, because the people that put this on start decorating just after Labor Day and I finally have friends who give a shit about Halloween. I love it.

That was an excellent use of a nice fall day.

I can’t decide if I should go as Zach Wilson… or Sam Darnold. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 677401EF-BAC4-4742-834C-274EE8B5DD22.jpeg
    677401EF-BAC4-4742-834C-274EE8B5DD22.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 7
Nice boots. Did you bedazzle them?
they're betsey johnson. she bedazzles everything...😁

baaack in the day i would go to the little shop she started on newbury st and think one day when i have a real job i can shop here. ff years later...and her prices...thrift stores are my friend.

We're having our traditional Halloween party for our son and his friends. We have a tv set up out on the deck. He's in charge of the invitations and planning. Lets just say that those are not his strengths. According to him we should expect anywhere from 5-15 friends tonight. 🤦‍♂️

We're having our traditional Halloween party for our son and his friends. We have a tv set up out on the deck. He's in charge of the invitations and planning. Lets just say that those are not his strengths. According to him we should expect anywhere from 5-15 friends tonight. 🤦‍♂️
so...50? 😄

Back