Has anyone figured out how to stop all the popups on this site?

Shemp

Upright Member
Reaction score
It's basically unusable for me now. Worse today than ever.

A pop up blocker on my work computer makes it usable. On my phone, which I use for PP when not at work, sucks.

I use Tapatalk on my phone; no such thing as a pop up here.
But the website itself is unusable without very good pop up blockers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find for the first dozen times on the site (on my iPhone which is all I use) it’s incessant, then it seems to stop. Until I go to another network or just use LTE. Then it starts again and you go through the whole thing all over again. It’s truly annoying.

I use Adblock Plus on my iPad and that works. I don't have a problem using Chrome on my laptop. I've given up using Firefox on my laptop because the popups and redirects are unstoppable. I hesitate to install Adblock Plus on my laptop because I don't know how it might interact with my Trend Micro Internet Security.

I have been conditioned to get used to them.

I just wish the powers that be would enable youtube, etc to work again.
I thought the reasoning was to stop the popups? It aint working.

And my guess is it has pretty much shut down the nostalgic music thread and the posters who frequented it.
One of my favorite threads.
I miss it.

And my guess is it has pretty much shut down the nostalgic music thread and the posters who frequented it.
I miss it.

Yes, the ability to embed videos is sorely missed.

I miss it.

This. I mean my god, I so love music and stuff and when it moves me I always want to share it with my friends here.

AdBlockPlus like Chevss mentioned is the solution to the popups on a PC and I have no issue, like PF09 said on Tapatalk for my mobile phone.

I use Adblock Plus on my iPad and that works. I don't have a problem using Chrome on my laptop. I've given up using Firefox on my laptop because the popups and redirects are unstoppable. I hesitate to install Adblock Plus on my laptop because I don't know how it might interact with my Trend Micro Internet Security.

I use ad block plus with Chrome and Trend Micro on my PC and have no issues.

If something does crop up do a chat with Trend Micro help desk. They are quite amazing with their customer service.

I had an issue a year or so ago where I had trouble copying some files to my WD My Cloud external HD.

Turned out the issue was TM thought that might have been a ransomware attack since it was going out over the LAN.

The TM guy worked with me to try and fix it and even followed with a couple of e-mails to see if I still had a problem.

They fixed this issue in one of their updates and i haven’ft had an issue since.

BTW, there is a version of AdBlock plus for iOS.

I had horrible popups with Safari before I installed it and now nothing.

My phone security tries to block it. Saying it's a dangerous site.

I miss it.
Ditto

I had to format my Firefox browser and got the pop ups for the first time. They are really annoying. Did several adware tests but didn't find anything then I remembered I forgot to add Adblockplus. That's what fixed it. Zero popups again. So yeah, if you use Chrome or Firefox just get Adblockplus and that should take care of it.

I think the owner signed up for Propeller Ads, one of the worst native ad networks.

Pop-Under Ads (also known as clickunders) appear in a new browser tab hidden under the main page the user is viewing...so Popunder ads appear when a user clicks anywhere on the page.

Adblockplus seems to be doing the trick in Firefox on my Macbook. Thanks for the tip.

Back