Has Tom being silently protesting?

I find that very interesting.

Pointless, but very interesting. This gives Roger reason to fine Brady for violation of the NFL's official uniform policy. Or because he is breathing.

So.......WTF.........

Maybe Brady is baiting Roger into fining him in order that he appears more vindictive and petty than he usually does.

I suppose that is plausible, but I really don't know why he bothered other than that. If so, it's a decent idea.

I'm waiting for the 100,000 fine & 1 game suspension from Goodell.

I find that very interesting.

Pointless, but very interesting. This gives Roger reason to fine Brady for violation of the NFL's official uniform policy. Or because he is breathing.

So.......WTF.........

Maybe Brady is baiting Roger into fining him in order that he appears more vindictive and petty than he usually does.

I suppose that is plausible, but I really don't know why he bothered other than that. If so, it's a decent idea.

I'm not sure Brady wanted any attention over this. Some guy captured a pic and sent it to Mike Hurley. Now it's everywhere, including PFT, which means the NFL is most definitely aware now.

Could this be conduct detrimental? Goodell might see it that way. And we know what that means.

I don't even think it was in protest. I just think he said **** the NFL. I'm playing for me and my team, and I don't give a rat's ass about the NFL. At this point I think he'd play for free if he could.

This could get ugly. Not as ugly as the police now refusing to work the Niners games, which if I were Gerschwedes I would say I told you so, but I'm not, so I won't. But ugly anyway.

I believe this fan base will absolutely lose it if Brady is suspended or fined for this helmetgate crap.

But I totally expect something to happen. During Week4.

I think JimmyG scraped it off unbeknownst to TFB. And then Tweetered the pictures out.

I fully expect more BS from Rodger/Dodger as long it's employed by the NYFL...

In fact, Brady should make the NYFL sticker a thing...and put it on his brain/bucket...and then put it upside down.

What's the fine for an equipment violation, $25K? Peanuts to Tom.

I like his silent protest of the league & the league's owners for their lack of integrity & for smearing him.

I like his silent protest of the league & the league's owners for their lack of integrity & for smearing him.

yeah we thought before and....with the power the commish has, there is no telling. I doubt he would throw the book at him, but nothing surprises me anymore.

yeah we thought before and....with the power the commish has, there is no telling. I doubt he would throw the book at him, but nothing surprises me anymore.

This is an absolute slam at Roger's "integrity of the shield" mantra. Tommy knows there is no integrity.

This is an absolute slam at Roger's "integrity of the shield" mantra. Tommy knows there is no integrity.

If he does not know that by now, he never will. I just read a tweet where someone compared Brady and kap which is stupid to begin with, but called what Brady did throwing a fit.

There are no rules against removing the so-called shield from the helmet, so Brady or the Patriots should not face any discipline.

http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/9/3/...eason-deflategate-goodell-suspension-insanity

From PFT:

" The NFL’s Uniform Policy expressly requires that the logo appear on the “lower-left exterior” of the helmet"

"And so it’s fitting that, on his way out the door for four weeks, it comes to light that Brady engaged in an actual equipment violation. Unless they pull this one under Article 46, too."

And they might. "Conduct detrimental" to the NFL and the integrity of the shield.

From PFT:

" The NFL’s Uniform Policy expressly requires that the logo appear on the “lower-left exterior” of the helmet"

"And so it’s fitting that, on his way out the door for four weeks, it comes to light that Brady engaged in an actual equipment violation. Unless they pull this one under Article 46, too."

And they might. "Conduct detrimental" to the NFL and the integrity of the shield.

Now I'm confused...also from PFT

One thing learned tonight, acting on a tip from a reader, was this: Players can (and at least one did) remove the NFL shield from their helmets.
In each of the final two preseason games of 2016, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady played in a helmet that did not have the NFL shield in the left rear portion of the helmet. He didn’t play at all in the first two preseason games.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...s-preseason-games-without-nfl-logo-on-helmet/

Ummmm, wasn't removing air from a football an equipment violation?

Oh and the rule book is pretty clear about the logo (at least the 2011 verion I found)

Section 4 Equipment, Uniforms, Player Appearance
GENERAL POLICY

Mandatory equipment, apparel

Article 3

All players must wear the equipment and uniform apparel listed below, which must be of a suitably protective nature, must be designed and produced by a professional manufacturer, and must not be cut, reduced in size, or otherwise altered unless for medical reasons approved in advance by the Commissioner. During pregame warm-ups players may omit certain protective equipment at their option, except that helmets must be worn. Where additional rules are applicable to specific categories of mandatory equipment or apparel, or where related equipment is optional, such provisions are also spelled out below. Helmets, face protectors (a) Helmet with chinstrap (white only) fastened and facemask attached. Facemasks must not be more than 5/8-inch in diameter and must be made of rounded material; transparent materials are prohibited.

Clear (transparent) plastic eye shields are optional. Tinted eye shields may be worn only after the League office is supplied with appropriate medical documentation and approval is subsequently granted. The League office has final approval.

No visible identification of a manufacturer’s name or logo on the exterior of a helmet or on any attachment to a helmet is permitted unless provided for under a commercial arrangement between the League and manufacturer; in no event is identification of any helmet manufacturer permitted on the visible surface of a rear cervical pad. All helmets must carry a small NFL shield logo on the rear lowerleft exterior and an approved warning label on the rear lower-right exterior. Both labels will be supplied in quantity by the League office.

Back