HBO's "Game of Thrones"

This season has been too predictable for me so, if I had to guess how it's going to predictably end .... all of the living team-up to fight the white walkers who are gifted 1 of the dragons in order to make the fight fairer.

Of the seven I agree, Berric and Thoros, are most likely (if any) to get killed. Gendry I think has more to do; Jorah, I've recently read a theory which changed my opinon to 50/50, but in either case his story isn't done either.

The rest of them I would say better than 95% they all get back.

SSDD

So only Thoros didn't make it.

SSDD

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

This season has been too predictable for me so, if I had to guess how it's going to predictably end .... all of the living team-up to fight the white walkers who are gifted 1 of the dragons in order to make the fight fairer.

Enter the White Walker Dragon!

SSDD

I've been watching game of thrones this season because I thought it was the last and wanted to know how the series ended. I just googled this and see that there is another season planned. Feeling kind of ripped off. I guess I should be grateful I never saw much of the show after season one.

I just want to know whether the Zombie Dragon shoots ice instead of fire at it's sibling or siblings.

Maybe that is what a "Song of Ice and Fire" is all about.

In any case, I'm all excited over the possibility of the Night King riding one into battle, Dany riding the other and when the dragons shoot at each other a giant steam explosion results killing everything within miles.

Everybody dies. The end.

:clap:

So only Thoros didn't make it.

SSDD

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

Enter the White Walker Dragon!

SSDD

Yeah, I don't understand why Berric didn't die. I figured both of their story arcs would come to a natural conclusion during that fight. I really thought Gendry was reintroduced just so he could be killed. A cheap way to raise the stakes. Kill someone we care about but is really of no consequence. I mean out of the 7, Thoros is the one most people cared the least about. I thought for a second that they were going to kill Tormund and I was standing going, no no no no!

I'm thinking in the finale the Nights King shows up at East watch and the Ice dragon either carries him over the wall and they open the gate from the other side or it freezes the sea and they go around it. Berric and maybe Tormund then die in the fight as a way to give the whole thing a more personal feel. Its the only reason I see for Berric to still be alive.

I think you mean the White Flyer Dragon.

I just want to know whether the Zombie Dragon shoots ice instead of fire at it's sibling or siblings.

In any case, I'm all excited over the possibility of the Night King riding one into battle, Dany riding the other and when the dragons shoot at each other a giant steam explosion results killing everything within miles.

Everybody dies. The end.

Let me give you the most predictable answer;

The Ice Dragon breathes cold, and uses it to freeze the ocean so his army can walk right around the wall.

I am quickly becoming disenchanted with the script for season 7 and, presumably, season 8. What made GoT great is gone, replaced by very stereotypical, predictable, formulaic script writers hiding behind special effects to keep the show interesting.

And another thing that really bothered me, aside from the "redshirt wildlings" being the only ones killed, and besides John Snow and Dany apparently using the "Beam me up, Scotty" transporter to get from palce to place in 5 minutes without ever having to pass through enemy territory in between, is John Snow going into the water, and then climbing out, getting on a horse, and riding to the wall, which is, apparently, only about 500 feet away, it seems. And just how fast are these pigeon messengers, anyway? These must be some amazing pigeons...like supersonic pigeons. Maybe the Westeros Pigeons actually just email each other, or something.

You don't have to be a survival expert to know what happens if you are in the arctic circle and take a bath in the water. You are not surviving that without immediate help, and you certainly aren't taking a pony ride in your wet clothes and surviving it.

I guess that about sums up my /bitchmode for this week.

Let me give you the most predictable answer;

The Ice Dragon breathes cold, and uses it to freeze the ocean so his army can walk right around the wall.

I am quickly becoming disenchanted with the script for season 7 and, presumably, season 8. What made GoT great is gone, replaced by very stereotypical, predictable, formulaic script writers hiding behind special effects to keep the show interesting.

And another thing that really bothered me, aside from the "redshirt wildlings" being the only ones killed, and besides John Snow and Dany apparently using the "Beam me up, Scotty" transporter to get from palce to place in 5 minutes without ever having to pass through enemy territory in between, is John Snow going into the water, and then climbing out, getting on a horse, and riding to the wall, which is, apparently, only about 500 feet away, it seems. And just how fast are these pigeon messengers, anyway? These must be some amazing pigeons...like supersonic pigeons. Maybe the Westeros Pigeons actually just email each other, or something.

You don't have to be a survival expert to know what happens if you are in the arctic circle and take a bath in the water. You are not surviving that without immediate help, and you certainly aren't taking a pony ride in your wet clothes and surviving it.

I guess that about sums up my /bitchmode for this week.

Ahhh, gahead and gripe, because you certainly aren't alone.

My take is that, yes, sometimes even somebody like me, who tries to just shut the brain down and enjoy the show for the most part, can see things coming more than in past seasons, but I recognize that it isn't easy to please a global, devoted audience for as long as they've been doing it and I'm going to be happy enough to have a solid, apocaplyptic conclusion and won't let perfect be the enemy of good.

Yes, the way guys wearing armor and heavy fur manage to avoid drowning is ludicrous. In addition to Jon, the scene where Bronn rescues Jaime from his little swim last week is way over the top since they surface about a mile away from where all the smoke and action were and I don't imagine the Kingslayer's metal paw doubles as a flotation device or that Bronn was ever a Navy Seal in Fleabottom.

So, it can often be amazingly silly, but I'm going to keep on telling myself that the ravens are really fast and the dragons are even faster and that if the Jets signed that spear-chucking WW in the fashionable tunic who took the dragon down from about a half mile away then the AFC East just got a lot tighter.

Everybody dies. The end.

Zombie Hodor riding Zombie dragon. HODOR!

My guess is that he Hodors in and Hodors the Hodor out of Hodor, before Hodorring off to Hodor with Hodor Hodorring Hodor. HODOR!!!

Yes, the way guys wearing armor and heavy fur manage to avoid drowning is ludicrous. In addition to Jon, the scene where Bronn rescues Jaime from his little swim last week is way over the top since they surface about a mile away from where all the smoke and action were and I don't imagine the Kingslayer's metal paw doubles as a flotation device or that Bronn was ever a Navy Seal in Fleabottom.

"People" in GoT are actually amphibians - this makes as much sense as anything and is why I don't particularly care for the genre - I really don't get why people get caught up in fantasy plots, where anything can happen for any reason or no reason at all. I was kind of curious to see how they would end the series but I don't really care how they get there.

Clearly some have fun searching for plot hole and get satisfaction when they find them and report them.

Any show that has and accepts that dragons live doesn't warrant even a second of my time worrying about plot holes.

Clearly some have fun searching for plot hole and get satisfaction when they find them and report them.

Any show that has and accepts that dragons live doesn't warrant even a second of my time worrying about plot holes.

Understood, but your talking about a show that devoted 2 years just to Dany travelling from one city to another.

It's not the plot holes so much as the jarring change from Martin's books to the typical television script. Season 7 is vastly inferior to seasons 1-6 without the special effects.

Have to agree. The action is great when it happens and obviously the effects, but the storytelling in s7 is incredibly lacking. The pacing is completely ****ed as everything is rushed and there's almost no consistency with the passage of time from event to event or scene to scene. Jon and Daenerys covered a massive amount of land over the course of this episode.

Perhaps the show was too slow and deliberate in early seasons, but the complete opposite is hurting my enjoyment of s7. Not only that, but the stories have become insanely predictable and there are far more 'warm and fuzzy' moments (where things work out as the viewer would want) than ever before.

It's still entertaining - just not as compelling.

This guy always has great recaps on the episodes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oV0m_6VGbU4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Game Of Thrones director admits the show’s timeline is “straining plausibility”

http://www.avclub.com/article/game-thrones-director-admits-shows-timeline-strain-259742

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/gam...beyond-the-wall-timeline-director-1202534403/

“We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy,” Taylor told Variety. “We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments. We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there. I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.”

“It’s cool that the show is so important to so many people that it’s being scrutinized so thoroughly,” he continued. “If the show was struggling, I’d be worried about those concerns, but the show seems to be doing pretty well so it’s OK to have people with those concerns.”

Behind the scenes Lake of Ice. I though this was pretty neat

LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF HUGE MASSIVE SPOILERS!!!!1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yx9dRL1BCCQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This guy always has great recaps on the episodes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oV0m_6VGbU4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They were both great, yet neither one of them explained where they got those big chains from, to pull Viserion out of the lake.

:shrug_n:

:huh:

They were both great, yet neither one of them explained where they got those big chains from, to pull Viserion out of the lake.

:shrug_n:

:huh:

They were the chains that they had been using on their giant zombie bear. Duh!!

Game Of Thrones director admits the show’s timeline is “straining plausibility”

http://www.avclub.com/article/game-thrones-director-admits-shows-timeline-strain-259742

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/gam...beyond-the-wall-timeline-director-1202534403/

“We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy,” Taylor told Variety. “We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments. We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there. I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.”

“It’s cool that the show is so important to so many people that it’s being scrutinized so thoroughly,” he continued. “If the show was struggling, I’d be worried about those concerns, but the show seems to be doing pretty well so it’s OK to have people with those concerns.”

This episode wasn't the first one this season they've played fast and loose with the "timeline" as I pointed out here.

OK, I have to issue an official "murmurs" on the geographic aspects of the last few episodes.

Look at the map.

739872a4c7a7cda839b8c19098018b2c--westeros-game-of-thrones-map-of-westeros.jpg

OK, so first we had Danny's Pyke fleet split in two. One part was taking the Unsullied to Casterly Rock and the other part went to Dorne to pick up their forces to take them to place King's Landing under seige.

Now, it would have taken some time, a few days at least to load that whole army, so assuming the Unsullied sailed at the same time from Dragonstone (and why wouldn't they), they would have a few days head start on the Dorne contingent.

Next we have Cersie's Pyke fleet annihilate the Dorne transport portion while enroute to King's Landing

That would have to have taken place somewhere between Sunspear and Massey's hook.

So how the frack did they get to Casterly Rock a few hours after the Unsullied to destroy that fleet?

Next we have last nights episode.

Two problems.

First, where were the Dothraki before previous episodes?

Presumably at Dragonstone.

OK, so just what ships did they use to transport them to the mainland? How many of Danny's Pyke fleet was left after the Dorne and Unsullied disasters?

Second, assuming they Gloucester fishermen hidden away, just where did they land?

They needed to get around King's Landing and into The Reach to intercept Jamie's army.

I find it ludicrous to think that the Lannisters didn't have scouts along the shore of Blackwater Bay keeping an eye on things to let them know if Danny was coming.

So how did they avoid them?

The further they sailed down the coast, the longer it would take to get there.

Yeah OPT, the timeline stuff has just been awful, and they don't seem to care. Too bad. One of the best shows ever coming to a climax, with some great special effects, but now the writing and directing is subpar.

If GRRM finishes the books before he kicks it (not holding my breath), it might make for a much more satisfying ending.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Back