HBO's "Game of Thrones"

Game Of Thrones director admits the show’s timeline is “straining plausibility”

http://www.avclub.com/article/game-thrones-director-admits-shows-timeline-strain-259742

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/gam...beyond-the-wall-timeline-director-1202534403/

“We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy,” Taylor told Variety. “We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments. We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there. I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.”

“It’s cool that the show is so important to so many people that it’s being scrutinized so thoroughly,” he continued. “If the show was struggling, I’d be worried about those concerns, but the show seems to be doing pretty well so it’s OK to have people with those concerns.”

I hardly noticed.:coffee:

I was expecting more death in the finale but the look on Littlefinger's face pretty much made the episode for me. I'm looking for Arya to use his face for something really big in the final season. Probably sneak in to take out Cersei. My prediction is she goes in as Littlefinger accompanied by The Hound and we end up with a Arya and The Hound vs. Cersei and The Mountain tag team championship match.

Who knew that Sam would actually know more than the Three Eyed Raven?

I'm also predicting that Theon catches up to Euron before he takes off. He will kill him and take command of the fleet and order them to pick up the Golden Army and deliver them to Jon and Daenerys.

At first I thought we had seen the last of Jaime and then I thought Bronn was going to fly in out of nowhere and we would see Bronn vs. The Mountain. I was really surprised that Cersei just let him walk away like that. I guess she thinks that he will end up dead anyway.

Was anyone else really disappointed that after all of the build up over the wall that all it took was one dragon to make short work of it?

I was expecting more death in the finale but the look on Littlefinger's face pretty much made the episode for me. I'm looking for Arya to use his face for something really big in the final season. Probably sneak in to take out Cersei. My prediction is she goes in as Littlefinger accompanied by The Hound and we end up with a Arya and The Hound vs. Cersei and The Mountain tag team championship match.

I'm also predicting that Theon catches up to Euron before he takes off. He will kill him and take command of the fleet and order them to pick up the Golden Army and deliver them to Jon and Daenerys.

At first I thought we had seen the last of Jaime and then I thought Bronn was going to fly in out of nowhere and we would see Bronn vs. The Mountain. I was really surprised that Cersei just let him walk away like that. I guess she thinks that he will end up dead anyway.

Was anyone else really disappointed that after all of the build up over the wall that all it took was one dragon to make short work of it?
If she walks into KL to kill Cersei as anyone it will be as Jamie.

Some good takes, thanks.

Some pretty good skullduggery last night between Cersei shaking and baking and the very clever juke by Arya and Sansa to kill the very deserving Littlefinger. I didn't see it coming, so perhaps it wasn't blindingly obvious that the sisters were still a team-- something that pleased me.

Cersei is going to regret letting Jaime walk, but I've come to enjoy his character and didn't want him to meet his end like that. The Mountain needs to grow a set, get off of Cercei's tit and join up with the North so we can see him go totally fvcking crazy against somebody that deserves it for a change. Him and the Hound shoulder-to-shoulder and backs to what is left of the Wall. Call me a sucker for families burying the hatchet and not necessarily in each other's skulls.

Overall, I was very pleased with the finale and I'm going to miss looking forward to GOT Sunday nights for what will seem like a very long time.

I'm hoping that the purists will be reasonably pleased with last night and I'm not really referring to anybody here, but I think they pulled it off with some unexpected twists and turns to mix in with the stuff that everybody saw coming, like Jon's royal heritage.

Dany: I can't have children...
Jon: Schwing!!! I'm not a big fan of rubbers, Auntie!

Last night's episode had much, much better pacing than the week before. Not much action but some satisfying dialogue.

It's interesting how this series once had a million different things happening in a million different places, and now you've got most of the major characters joining in just a few spots.

The final season is definitely set up to be an epic series of battles, but we'll see.

Also, it seems clear that Martin's obsession with 'random' deaths and story arcs concluding only with death have been removed by the crew now writing the TV story. Littlefinger's end was a great example of a more traditional TV death that wasn't common at all when Martin was still writing. You also now feel like many of the main characters are unkillable (at least for the time being), which was a very rare feeling earlier on but quite common for TV.

Not saying it's a bad thing - but I do think the ending of the show could end up being very different from how we'd have imagined it during the first few seasons, and quite possibly very different from Martin's original idea(s).

Last night's episode had much, much better pacing than the week before. Not much action but some satisfying dialogue.

It's interesting how this series once had a million different things happening in a million different places, and now you've got most of the major characters joining in just a few spots.

The final season is definitely set up to be an epic series of battles, but we'll see.

Also, it seems clear that Martin's obsession with 'random' deaths and story arcs concluding only with death have been removed by the crew now writing the TV story. Littlefinger's end was a great example of a more traditional TV death that wasn't common at all when Martin was still writing. You also now feel like many of the main characters are unkillable (at least for the time being), which was a very rare feeling earlier on but quite common for TV.

Not saying it's a bad thing - but I do think the ending of the show could end up being very different from how we'd have imagined it during the first few seasons, and quite possibly very different from Martin's original idea(s).

Agreed. In GRRM's world, there is no way that both Tyrion and Jaime make it out of that episode.

The Mountain needs to grow a set, get off of Cercei's tit and join up with the North so we can see him go totally fvcking crazy against somebody that deserves it for a change.
[/I]

Must I point out that The Mountains is the walking dead?

Kind of makes me wonder why Cersei didn't believe in the white walkers.

Must I point out that The Mountains is the walking dead?

Kind of makes me wonder why Cersei didn't believe in the white walkers.

Also Thor is just a cool ****ing dude, so it'd be nice to see him do SOMETHING other than stand around like a robot :(

Also Thor is just a cool ****ing dude, so it'd be nice to see him do SOMETHING other than stand around like a robot :(

It's not Thor any more. That's why he looks smaller and his armor changed.

EDIT: By the way, anyone else keep thinking that The Mountain looks familiar?

ooam4p1ghpypqousehvw.jpg

It's not Thor any more. That's why he looks smaller and his armor changed.

EDIT: By the way, anyone else keep thinking that The Mountain looks familiar?

ooam4p1ghpypqousehvw.jpg

It is Thor still playing him.

"Hafþór was cast as Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane for the fourth season of the HBO series Game of Thrones in August 2013.[22] This was his first main acting role, and he is the third person to depict the character after Conan Stevens played the role in season 1 and Ian Whyte in season 2. He became the first actor to portray Clegane in more than one season with his appearances in season 4, season 5, season 6 and season 7.[23]"

Also remember him posting a few set shots on Instagram, etc. while filming last year.

It is Thor still playing him.

"Hafþór was cast as Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane for the fourth season of the HBO series Game of Thrones in August 2013.[22] This was his first main acting role, and he is the third person to depict the character after Conan Stevens played the role in season 1 and Ian Whyte in season 2. He became the first actor to portray Clegane in more than one season with his appearances in season 4, season 5, season 6 and season 7.[23]"

Also remember him posting a few set shots on Instagram, etc. while filming last year.
It's him. In the behind the scenes for Episode 7 you see him without the helmet and all the makeup.

Back