Heist movies? Bank jobs, art thefts.

The Thomas Crown Affair
In agreement if you are referring to the original with Steve McQueen. Also the original, pre-television "It Takes a Thief" and one more, The Brinks Job.

Interesting topic.

The Thomas Crown Affair: original had Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway, remake had Pierce Brosnan and Rene Russo. Both were very good.

Ocean's Eleven: original had a huge starring cast: Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, et. al., and the remake also had huge starring cast, led by George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and others. Both were very good.

The Italian Job: the original had Michael Caine , the original Mini Coopers, and a literal cliff-hanger ending. The remake had a stronger cast, the updated line of Mini Coopers, and a conclusive ending.

I preferred the remake to the original in all three cases, although in the first two cases the original movie is well worth the time invested in watching. But I wouldn't choose to watch the original Italian Job over the remake - the remake is far superior, IMO.

I prefer 'true' depictions over movies. Loved 'Master Minds'.

How to Steal a Million with Peter O'Toole and the beguiling and brilliant Audrey Hepburn. Good Film.

Cheers, BostonTim

Thanks to all others, as well.

Both The Thomas Crown Affairs and the Italian Jobs are good genre films. As are, off the top of my head, Heat, Ronin, The Score. etc.

I know there are diamonds out there being forgotten...

The Italian Job: the original had Michael Caine , the original Mini Coopers, and a literal cliff-hanger ending. The remake had a stronger cast, the updated line of Mini Coopers, and a conclusive ending.

I preferred the remake to the original in all three cases, although in the first two cases the original movie is well worth the time invested in watching. But I wouldn't choose to watch the original Italian Job over the remake - the remake is far superior, IMO.

Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Mos Def, Seth Green, Jason Statham,..........THAT'S A STRONG CAST?!?!?!?! :blink:

Donald Southerland died in the first 10 minutes and Ed Norton basically carried the movie, the others were complete stiffs.

People, c'mon...

Dog Day Afternoon

What's wrong with you all?

"Sneakers" & "Sexy Beast" are a couple of decent Ben Kingsley heist films.

"Kelly's Heroes" is a great comedy/heist film in a war setting.

"Welcome to Collinwood" is a pretty good comedy/heist film in a more traditional setting.

Also, any of you "homos" mention Set It Off with Jada Pinkett and Queen Latifah...

And I'll kill ya.
images

Back