Houston - Glory last night/Devastation today

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
After a great night of winning the World Series, today Houston is fearing that Deshaun Watson suffered an ACL tear today in practice.

After a great night of winning the World Series, today Houston is fearing that Deshaun Watson suffered an ACL tear today in practice.

Gutted for the kid, probably on course for Rookie of the Year too.

Jags should win the Division now.

Man that sucks. What a rollercoaster time for Houston. He’s a great kid and he’ll be back.

That is a tough break, he was having a hell of a season and seemed like just a great kid.
The football gods giveth and they taketh away.

Terrible news. He is a rookie and he runs around a lot but man, to have it happen at practice. Total bummer.

Terrible news. He is a rookie and he runs around a lot but man, to have it happen at practice. Total bummer.

You know when I heard this on the way home tonight I thought about him running so much and ending up like an RGIII. Wonder what he was doing when he got hurt.

crap. gotta change my bet with mikie!

This kid was looking like the real deal. Most TDs ever through first 8 games. But if an injury like this takes away some of his mobility, his career might be snuffed out before it even gets started.

You know when I heard this on the way home tonight I thought about him running so much and ending up like an RGIII. Wonder what he was doing when he got hurt.

Apparently it was a non-contact injury so maybe he was running away from someone? Or more likely, he already had a ligament sprain from the games he has already played and was compromised and it gave out in practice ala Tanny.

Tough blow for the Texans because he's been playing great, but the petty side of me quickly realized that Houston could be a really tough out in the post-season and obviously that could help us.

There aren't many guys that come out of college playing a relatively simple system like Watson ran at Clemson and look so comfortable in the NFL. Almost unprecedented. I knew he was one competitive kid, but....wow.

Apparently it was a non-contact injury so maybe he was running away from someone? Or more likely, he already had a ligament sprain from the games he has already played and was compromised and it gave out in practice ala Tanny.

It's true that sprains weaken ligaments but it's also true that ligament sprains hurt like crazy. He'd be on the sidelines if it were sprained.

More likely, his ACL ligament simply popped as he made a cut. It happens.

It's true that sprains weaken ligaments but it's also true that ligament sprains hurt like crazy. He'd be on the sidelines if it were sprained.

More likely, his ACL ligament simply popped as he made a cut. It happens.

Walker & Edelman concur. No contact.

Back