How bad is Faulk's injury??

zeke mowatt

Reaction score
Looked like he was in some pretty serious pain......Hope it's not too bad.

I'm sure Bellyache will keep us all informed......................

I was hoping to find some info on this as well. Belichick said on WEEI today that Faulk was having tests and that he didn't know the results.

I hope its not severe. What did he even injure? Was it his knee?
Posted via Mobile Device

Foot...ankle maybe?

looked like it hurt whatever it was.

I was hoping to find some info on this as well. Belichick said on WEEI today that Faulk was having tests and that he didn't know the results.]

Yeah, thats pretty much what is being reported about the tests. Here's what Reiss said about it:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Patriots running back Kevin Faulk, who was knocked out of Sunday's game against the Jets in the fourth quarter, is undergoing tests to determine the severity of his undisclosed injury.

After Faulk's 8-yard run, members of the Patriots' athletic training/medical staff were seen working on Faulk's right leg in the knee/calf area.

"They're doing some tests on Kevin and we'll know more when they tell us," coach Bill Belichick said Monday afternoon.

Losing Faulk would be a tough blow to the Patriots, who traded running back Laurence Maroney to the Broncos last Tuesday. Faulk has played more snaps than any Patriots running back in each season since 2007, because he is the team's "passing" back who is most often on the field in three-receiver sets.

A 12-year veteran, Faulk is one of the Patriots' four captains. He is the longest tenured player on the team.

Not much that we didn't know already was said. It looks as though it could be a knee problem, an ankle problem, or even a concussion. It did look as though his face hit the turf pretty hard.

The gut isn't speaking well of this :

"In the locker room, Faulk declined to speak, his eyes red from tears, and quietly packed his bag."

Again, the gut says we may have seen the end of K for the season, hopefully not of course.

Good old Kevin Faulk.

He ran in tandam with Terry Allen in 1999. That was a team with lots of currently retired players.

You have to like Kevin Faulk. Hope he's okay.

Kevin is one of my favs so hope this all works out.

I have a bad feeling about this one, bad enough that we may have seen the end of the Kevin Faulk era in New England.

I have a bad feeling about this one, bad enough that we may have seen the end of the Kevin Faulk era in New England.

Or in the NFL. He's 34+ with 12 seasons of football under his belt, and this isn't his first meander down the injury road. Might be time to move to being an analyst, Kevin. Godspeed.

The gut isn't speaking well of this :

"In the locker room, Faulk declined to speak, his eyes red from tears, and quietly packed his bag."

Again, the gut says we may have seen the end of K for the season, hopefully not of course.

eek. he's done methinks

I sure hope not, this guy has been a hugely underrated contributor to the 3 championships.

By Tom E. Curran

Early indications on Kevin Faulk's knee injury are not good and the Patriots will have to prepare for a long stretch without their 34-year-old third-down back.

Faulk got hurt on an 8-yard reception in the fourth quarter. He was down for several minutes before limping off. The specific injury is not known but it's believed to be a potential season-ender.

The Patriots running-back stable is suddenly a lot leaner than it was at this time last week when Faulk and Laurence Maroney were in the mix.

Now, newly signed Danny Woodhead - who absolutely has a frame and game similar to Faulk's - could be tossed into the mix. Actually, the Patriots are fortunate to have made that move for Woodhead on Saturday given what's happened with Faulk.

http://www.necn.com/09/21/10/Cause-...anding_sports.html?blockID=315075&feedID=3352

Poopy. Best 3rd down back in the league IMO. This sucks donkey.

Woodhead has 4.3 speed and already has 8 catches for 87 yds for a healthy 10+ per. The emergence of the "next" Kevin could be blossoming right now.

Woodhead has 4.3 speed and already has 8 catches for 87 yds for a healthy 10+ per. The emergence of the "next" Kevin could be blossoming right now.

Might want to get him into the gameplan and test him against the bills.

This sucks kawlk because Kevin was one of Toms Binkies under heavy blitz pressure..............

Back