Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Black Thursday

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The Apocalypse

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, the worse things get, the better off you are? Yup, you're a lawyer! ROFL

You have no idea dude. I am BANKING right now. People are stealing everything that is not nailed down and some shit that is. People are taking cordless sawsalls and going under SUV's and cutting the catalytic converters off for $200.00 a piece because they can melt them down and get Platinum and Iridium out of them.

Radiators, scrap metal, heck I got appointted to a guy who took his torch and cut down one of those huge light poles at a local shopping mall and was cutting it up and throwing it in the back of his truck when the Police arrived.

Every little fender bender someone now puts a claim in.

Domestics are up significantly.

You have no idea dude. I am BANKING right now. People are stealing everything that is not nailed down and some shit that is. People are taking cordless sawsalls and going under SUV's and cutting the catalytic converters off for $200.00 a piece because they can melt them down and get Platinum and Iridium out of them.

Radiators, scrap metal, heck I got appointted to a guy who took his torch and cut down one of those huge light poles at a local shopping mall and was cutting it up and throwing it in the back of his truck when the Police arrived.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vnRqYMTpXHc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vnRqYMTpXHc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

060407-01.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_KqMjZVgJY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5_KqMjZVgJY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jezus. What a disaster today. Expect more carnage in the foreign markets tonight. I'd thought the Dow might go as low as 9k by the end of the week. Now 8k is a possibility.

Jezus. What a disaster today. Expect more carnage in the foreign markets tonight. I'd thought the Dow might go as low as 9k by the end of the week. Now 8k is a possibility.

Every day my wife looks at her stocks, they go down another few thousand. At this rate, by Christmas they might be enough to buy some giftwrapping...

And when does it actually bottom out? So much for having to rush that piss-poor bill through Congress to save us.

(Sorry, didn't mean to go teh politico..)

And when does it actually bottom out? So much for having to rush that piss-poor bill through Congress to save us.

Can we get a take-back on that one? 700 billion, probably gonna end up useless...

A week ago Jim Cramer called the bottom at 8400. Given what we've seen, it could go a lot lower than that.

Cool, I didn't see that thread since I rarely venture into the cesspool of Political "discussion". Looks like I'm gonna let it ride since I'm only mid-30's and have a ways to go.

To answer SOKB....No, I don't think I've lost any "tangible" money yet. I mean, i have been contributing approx 5% of my salary into this thing for 15 years now. Basically I've probably only lost what i've made in interest off of those contributions. But still....when you're NOT a lawyer and you're combined family income doesn't touch 100k, losing 30% of ANYTHING is enough to make you wanna puke. Hell, if I lose 20 bucks I'm pretty bummed out.

If memory serves, he called 7300 after that...

I saw that too. If I remember, he said that if everything went perfectly and we are avoiding the GD part Deaux, then 8400 would be a bottom. 7300 or even lower if things weren't going in the happy really bad recession direction...

OMG the Nikkei is being obliterated.

After that bill was passed, it takes at least six weeks for the Treasury to be in a position to start purchasing the bad debt.

Yeah but a big benefit of the bill was supposed to be psychological...to inspire confidence in the markets. That has failed.

Yeah but a big benefit of the bill was supposed to be psychological...to inspire confidence in the markets. That has failed.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret:

The government is full of fvcking morons who will say and do anything to get what they want. They are idiots who think we are all idiots, and they hope the ones that aren't idiots don't convince the rest of the idiots that they are idiots treating us like idiots.

Back