How long is your lunch break?

Grumpy_Bottom

Try our thick, creamy milkshakes
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what's fair for 4 guys who work in the warehouse/shop for me so that nobody gets stuck eating at 2:30pm...any input appreciated!

At my job if you work 6 hours you get a 30 minute lunch break. Try having them take there breaks 30 minutes apart. so there always 3 people working.

At my old company the shift workers (maintenance/cleaning) got 2 15 min breaks and 1/2 hr for lunch. They worked 7-3 & 3-11. I worked 7:30-4:30 in the office and got 1 hr for lunch but negotiated with my boss to take 1/2 hr and leave 1/2 hr early.

As long as I need it to be...for most, it seems an hour is the norm, although a lot of lower end jobs like fast food or convenient stores do 30 minutes.

I get a half hour now although i just eat at my desk.

I used to get a half hour at party city. We just had to manage with being down one person for a couple hours each day. We usually did the lunches from 12 to 2 on the weekdays. The pain is when you get people who are set on going at a certain time.

I try to work while shovelling the food in at my desk.

when I was working metal fab years ago it was a standard 30 minutes with a 15 minute break in the am and 15 minutes in the pm but we worked 9.5 hour days everyday.

I give my employees 2 15 minute paid breaks and 30 minutes unpaid for lunch.

I worked on a construction site, 30 minute lunch was enough for the iron workers to drink 6 cape coders and smoke a bowl before climbing the steel in the afternoon.

30 minutes unpaid for blue collar, an hour unpaid for white... Reason is beer are severed up faster than martini's!

I am in the office 7-5 everyday. I take 1.5 hour break to work out at the gym in the middle of the day. The workout is very beneficial; it could be stress relief, a quiet time for thinking through problems, just good exercise or entertainment depending on who is in front of me on the treadmills.
:thumb:
I eat my lunch at my desk in the afternoon.

Back