Hypothetical trade of Tom Brady

No.1jag

#STEALTHESHOW
Reaction score
Pondering April fools today I'm sure there have been some Tom Brady traded news up that way.

So in the real world what do you guys and ladies think a trade of this magnitude would garner on draft day from a team drafting in the top 5?

Pondering April fools today I'm sure there have been some Tom Brady traded news up that way.

So in the real world what do you guys and ladies think a trade of this magnitude would garner on draft day from a team drafting in the top 5?

I would think it would take a deal like the one Kevin Costner scored in "Draft Day".

6th rounder, 198th overall. BB's genius shows yet again taking the 199th pick being able to use him for 14 years and gaining a spot in the draft!

Teams in the top-5 are generally in full-on rebuild mode. They're looking for young guns, not veterans. Now I am firmly in the camp that Brady has several years left - at least 5 - but it cannot be reasonably denied that he is on the back 9.

Brady's trade value would be in sending him to a team that is arguably very talented, but 1 good QB away from making a legit run. Teams like Arizona, Houston or Denver.

Teams in the top-5 are generally in full-on rebuild mode. They're looking for young guns, not veterans. Now I am firmly in the camp that Brady has several years left - at least 5 - but it cannot be reasonably denied that he is on the back 9.

Brady's trade value would be in sending him to a team that is arguably very talented, but 1 good QB away from making a legit run. Teams like Arizona, Houston or Denver.

I mean hypothetically a team like the Bills would be perfect, decent offensive weapons and an elite defense. You add Brady and they are legit SB contenders. If the Bills offered something like 3 1st rounders and some more lower draft picks would BB pull the trigger on something like that? It would really depend on what he thinks of JG and his development.

I mean hypothetically a team like the Bills would be perfect, decent offensive weapons and an elite defense. You add Brady and they are legit SB contenders. If the Bills offered something like 3 1st rounders and some more lower draft picks would BB pull the trigger on something like that? It would really depend on what he thinks of JG and his development.

That's a pretty good example for a hypothetical.

Thing is, everybody knows BB is unsentimental, if not a callous sociopath, but trading Brady now?

I don't think he would do it. Even if the value was tremendous.

I think Tom is the exception to the rule. The Patriots will never trade him away. They'll work something mutual out someday and it will not be a Mankins type of deal.

I'm really not sure Brady would fetch enough to make it worthwhile for you. I mean how many picks is a team going to give up for a QB approaching 40?

I'm really not sure Brady would fetch enough to make it worthwhile for you. I mean how many picks is a team going to give up for a QB approaching 40?

This. We got a 1st for Bledsoe, he was 29.

If you got a 1st for Brady, it'd be highway robbery. Maybe you'd be able to rob another draft pick since his salary's so low. :shrug:

A couple of years ago, you could have gotten a lot more. The days of trading Brady and getting a boatload in return have long since passed.

This. We got a 1st for Bledsoe, he was 29.

If you got a 1st for Brady, it'd be highway robbery. Maybe you'd be able to rob another draft pick since his salary's so low. :shrug:

A couple of years ago, you could have gotten a lot more. The days of trading Brady and getting a boatload in return have long since passed.

I disagree.

Brady is still playing very well. His shelf life is limited but should be at least three years and maybe more, but for a franchise like Buffalo, who wasn't had a sniff in forever, you're telling me that they wouldn't trade two first rounders and, I dunno, a bunch of lesser picks to take a shot at a trophy?

This is a team that drafted EJ Manuel and Aaron Maybin with the 16th and 11th picks in their respective years and got nothing in return.

Not that we'd ever trade Brady within the division to a team coached by Rex, but they are otherwise a good example of a team that might contend if they had him.

St. Louis, Arizona, Houston and Philly are 4 teams for whom Brady could be that one guy that puts them in the Super Bowl.

I can't imagine that at least one of them wouldn't part with multiple premium picks for that chance. They'd be lining up.

Teams like Arizona, Houston or Denver.

Or the Bills or the Jets. :coffee:

PS: But I can get my mind around Tommy replacing Peyton and winning a title for the Donks. ROFL ROFL ROFL

Cheers, BostonTim

A borderline playoff team that is a QB away winning a SB gives the farm for Tom Brady. Can you imagine what the Rams or Bengals would give up to get Brady next year?

Brady on the Bills would be scary. shudder.

The only way the Pats would consider trading Brady is if there was a Franchise QB available.

Should such a player be available no team drafting in the top 5 would elect to go with a guy who while still great, has a limited number of years left.

I find the scenario to be a logical impossibility.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cu_A-QGO6Kw?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.eweek.com/blogs/first-re...s-and-tom-brady-on-salesforce-world-tour.html

Soon after, Salesforce President and Vice Chairman Keith Block brought the audience to its feet with the introduction of New England Patriots QB Tom Brady, who spent 20 minutes reminiscing about the team's Super Bowl victory over the Seattle Seahawks and giving his thoughts on everything from leadership and teamwork to preparation and what he was thinking when he recently went cliff diving 40 feet into the ocean (he was scared, he said, but probably not as frightened as Patriots owner Robert Kraft).

Brady also said the words most of New England wanted to hear: "There's no better place to play than Boston. … This is where I live, this is where my kids were born and I'll be a lifer."

Back