I hate everything New York Thread...

You know Ive been in the city 4 times and all for times I witnessed a crime...:coffee:
Damn, I hate NY sports and MANY (thouhgh certainly not all) NY sports fans with an uncommon passion...but your experience with crime in NY is bizarre. I've been here since 94 and I've never witnessed a crime (of the felony variety).

Where are you hanging out when you get here?

NY sports teams suck but how you can hate the city itself is beyond me. The best food, shopping, entertainment, theater etc......the place is awesome. Now if they could just rid it of all the annoying fans that live there.:thumb:

Damn, I hate NY sports and MANY (thouhgh certainly not all) NY sports fans with an uncommon passion...but your experience with crime in NY is bizarre. I've been here since 94 and I've never witnessed a crime (of the felony variety).

I lived there in the late 90's through 2000 and never saw more than a stripped car. Lotta hookers though.

The first time I was 13 and went to Radio city, and saw a purse snatcher do is thing. The 2nd time I got off the bus and saw this thug steal another dudes carry all bag and ran off when I was 21 and then 3 days later when I was at the major Bus Depot there at 2 am. I made the mistake of going to the John, and almost got myself killed in the process... Finally I went for the first time in over 20 years, and I was crossing a street nearby Times Square, and this dude tried to steal another mans shopping bags,but lost the tug o war... I said to myself I must have good eyes for crime or I'm just a magnet...LOL Plus the place smell like dead Jet fans everywhere...

The first time I was 13 and went to Radio city, and saw a purse snatcher do is thing. The 2nd time I got off the bus and saw this thug steal another dudes carry all bag and ran off when I was 21 and then 3 days later when I was at the major Bus Depot there at 2 am. I made the mistake of going to the John, and almost got myself killed in the process... Finally I went for the first time in over 20 years, and I was crossing a street nearby Times Square, and this dude tried to steal another mans shopping bags,but lost the tug o war... I said to myself I must have good eyes for crime or I'm just a magnet...LOL Plus the place smell like dead Jet fans everywhere...
Isnt it mostly Giant fans in the city and the Jets fans in Jersey?:shrug:

Also, I think Rudy (from what I have read) really cleaned up the city and crime is much lower in Manhattan than it used to be.:shrug:

Isnt it mostly Giant fans in the city and the Jets fans in Jersey?:shrug:

Also, I think Rudy (from what I have read) really cleaned up the city and crime is much lower in Manhattan than it used to be.:shrug:
Well April in 2008 I was in the city for 15 minutes and saw my first crime...:coffee:

Well April in 2008 I was in the city for 15 minutes and saw my first crime...:coffee:
One of my friends moved to Astoria a few months ago. She loves it and hasnt had any crime problems, but her car has been puked on 3 times!!!ROFL

One of my friends moved to Astoria a few months ago. She loves it and hasnt had any crime problems, but her car has been puked on 3 times!!!ROFL
I hear the splattered effect can look really hip...:coffee:

I would only go to there willingly to see Ellis Island.

City people think I am weird.

It makes me uncomfortable.

I would only go to there willingly to see Ellis Island.

City people think I am weird.

It makes me uncomfortable.
I used to be like you (though not nearly as country lol). Loved my little town and the quiet living. This shit is starting to give me a rash now........I can't friggin wait to move to a city. 3 1/2 years and counting............

I used to be like you (though not nearly as country lol). Loved my little town and the quiet living. This shit is starting to give me a rash now........I can't friggin wait to move to a city. 3 1/2 years and counting............

You and me are like the bizzarros of each other.

I will never leave this place, population 300. They are going to bury me here.

:)

You and me are like the bizzarros of each other.

I will never leave this place, population 300. They are going to bury me here.

:)
Except for that whole wild child turned responsible Mom thing.:toast:

I feel lucky and blessed to have been able to raise my kids in such a calm, crime free atmosphere but damn am I done with the boredom. I need some culture in my damn life beyond the freaks at WalMart.ROFL

Just something as simple as not having to worry about a designated driver because there are actually cabs to take my ass home will thrill me to death.ROFL

I will happily pay the same mortgage for an apt the size of my living room.:thumb:

Back